Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: PS3 buffering despite good speed test

Same issue here. It's worked pretty much flawlessly on HDX all this time until just tonight. It's showing three green bars, yet buffers every couple of minutes. Impossible to watch.

Tech support is closed as it's almost 10pm on a Saturday. Guess I'll watch CinemaNow or NetFlix tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfist View Post
    Same issue here. It's worked pretty much flawlessly on HDX all this time until just tonight. It's showing three green bars, yet buffers every couple of minutes. Impossible to watch.

Tech support is closed as it's almost 10pm on a Saturday. Guess I'll watch CinemaNow or NetFlix tonight.
    Our apologies for the poor experience. Please give us a call if you haven't done so already. We'll be happy to take a look at this issue and provide you with a credit for the movie you weren't able to watch.

(888)554-VUDU
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Same issue for me. We started with HD, then got about 30 minutes into the Muppets only to be downgraded to SD. I have a 20 m/bit down and 7-10 m/bit up. I called customer service and they had me do tracert (trace route) and guess, what? The problem is on the Vudu end. This after telling me it could be my ISP, my Router, my signal, my line, my PS3, my everything else...

What is strange is that my PS3 passes the HDX test with over 10mbps. Well, not so strange since the test server is not the actual movie server.

This is the second time of two movies that I have dropped. After reading all the problems Vudu is having, I am quite amazed they are still in business. I guess most people are satisfied by paying for HDX or HD then getting downgraded to SD. I think a lot of people just don't think it's worth the effort to call in for a refund.

Final conclusion: Vudu is not ready for prime time and I don't think it will ever be. Honestly, I wanted it to work, but you can't advertize HD and then not be able to provide the server and routers to deliver huge quantities of data.

Maybe Vudu SHOULD compress the signal, since they can't/won't provide the server and rackspace needed to deliver what they advertise.
    Customer support was ok, but not stellar. I did get a refund, but....

The tech suggested setting my PS3 to a static IP, then set up a DMZ. But I have no firewall on the router. I have it disabled so I CAN stream. It's a Cisco E4200, which is the best router out there, IMHO. Besides, I am running CAT5 to the PS3.

So, I am out of Vudu and I think I may check back in a year if they are still in business. I am surely going to advise my friends and co-workers to stay away.

I have streamed dozens of movies with Vudu. I had a problem only one time getting bumped to SD. I was credited $5.99 for a 99 cent movie, after telling them I didn't need a credit. Now that's what I call customer service! All of my streaming is HDX.

I ran into this problem last night. I had to switch from HDX to HD because of excessive buffering. It wasn't a big deal, but I hope that it gets corrected.
    Here's my speedtest.net result. The ping in usually 15-20 ms in the evening.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1930074578.png

ya buffering problem here too...

Watch on Computer just fine.... Then watch on XBox 360 just fine never buffers not even once....

Turn on PS3 and it buffers like every 50 seconds.....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLV702 View Post
    ya buffering problem here too...

Watch on Computer just fine.... Then watch on XBox 360 just fine never buffers not even once....

Turn on PS3 and it buffers like every 50 seconds.....
    Are you using the wireless to connect to your network? I had the same issue at home, switched to a wired connection and it helped instantly. If you continue to buffer, please give us a call at (888)554-VUDU so we can look into the issue.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Let me say I LOVE Vudu, the picture quality is as close to Blu-ray as possible, but my PS3 is REALLY having problems streaming movies all of sudden. I can't even stream the 2 minute preview you get. Please is there any solution to this? I love the Vudu picture quality and DD+ is very nice too but I can't be buy any movie till I feel comfortable I can watch the movies. Thanks for any help.

I was watching Act of Valor tonight and it was buffering a little bit in the middle and dropping me to HD down from HDX then the last 15 minutes it kept buffering every 30 seconds to a minute.

ran a speed test was getting 10.5Mbs with speedtest.net and 8.3 with VUDU speed test. I should have learned my lesson by now.

I have my PS3 set through my router to get the highest bandwidth priority and still this.

Oh and when I ran the speedtest through VUDU's own site from the PS3 I was also streaming an HD movie from Amazon to my laptop on the same connection just to see if it was something outside bogging it down.

The Amazon video never skipped a beat and I have a 12Mbs connection.

Come on VUDU get your act together or should I say Wal-Mart

Almost the same issue for myself as well.

Wireless is good on the PS3 but it will not complete the connection test on Vudu. Says it failed.

Even watching SD it buffers about every 30 seconds or so. I have plenty of speed for HDX.

Thread Information