Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Buffering issue

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buffering issue

Add me to the list of users suddenly experiencing buffering issues watching HDX beginning 2 days ago. My ISP is Time Warner; I have 15/1 service. Vudu Network Test shows max (9+) throughput, and the network indicator is solid green while watching content. However, the video buffers every 30-60 seconds before eventually timing out. Switching to HD doesn't solve anything.

I am using a Toshiba BDX 2150/2250 Blu-ray player connected via ethernet to a Netgear router. I switched out the router (WPN824N) for a new one (WNR2000v3) and still experience the same issue. Oddly though, hooking up the BD player directly to the cable modem solves the buffering/timeout issue; videos are watchable, but "pause" every 30 seconds or so for 1/2-1 sec, so some streaming/network issue is still present.

*** UPDATE AS OF 11:30PM EST *** I am no longer experiencing the buffering/timeout issue streaming through the router, although the lag/pause issue still occurs. Maybe network congestion is easing up.

DEVICE ID: 8798a5
    UI VERSION: 2.0.88135
    EMBEDDER VERSION: SystemDriverBcmBDCard 1.0
    VUDU CLIENT VERSION: 3.0.0 (Rev 73279)
    Originally posted by dhatman View Post
    Do you see the lag on both of your devices? Have you been able to reproduce the lag on other movies or shows?
    Comment moderation was taking awhile so while I was waiting for a reply I removed the USB storage from my player, reset to factory defaults, and then did a hard reset (unplugged power), and that seemed to solve the problem completely.

Weirdly, the player now seems more responsive overall (not just with Vudu). I'd recommend that anyone with a Toshiba BD player try this course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by DominusMegadeum View Post
      Comment moderation was taking awhile so while I was waiting for a reply I removed the USB storage from my player, reset to factory defaults, and then did a hard reset (unplugged power), and that seemed to solve the problem completely.

Weirdly, the player now seems more responsive overall (not just with Vudu). I'd recommend that anyone with a Samsung BD player try this course of action.
      Sorry for the delay, I'm glad that it seemed to solve your issue. please keep us updated with your findings.

Comment

I'm also having issues with Buffering. Trying to watch Immortals with no luck. I have a sony blueray player...also figured I'd try to watch it on my PC figured it might be something going on in my router...but it still does it on my PC...I can watch netflix or amazon plus with no problems. Did the speed test and got a test of 10mb down and 1mb up. So something has to give....as of this posting I can not watch any movie on my pc or blueray...would like a credit for the Immortals....not going to pay for something I can not watch.....please figure out what is going on for I will not purchase another movie till hear that its working like it should. I was watching in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaldrax View Post
          I'm also having issues with Buffering. Trying to watch Immortals with no luck. I have a sony blueray player...also figured I'd try to watch it on my PC figured it might be something going on in my router...but it still does it on my PC...I can watch netflix or amazon plus with no problems. Did the speed test and got a test of 10mb down and 1mb up. So something has to give....as of this posting I can not watch any movie on my pc or blueray...would like a credit for the Immortals....not going to pay for something I can not watch.....please figure out what is going on for I will not purchase another movie till hear that its working like it should. I was watching in SD.
          I refunded you for the movie and applied a credit for testing. Could you give another movie a try, i want to take a look at you streaming sessions when you have time to watch another movie. It looks like you were pulling more than enough bandwidth for well above SD. In cases like this, try a reboot of the player itself. Sometimes memory issues can occur and a reboot tends to help a lot, at least in my experience.

Comment

This is extremely frustrating. We've streamed several movies successfully on Vudu through our Blu-Ray player in the past - even a couple nights ago - but we get everyone together to watch Tinker Tailor Solider Spy tonight, and it buffers for about 20 seconds every two seconds until we get the network error.

The Blu-Ray player is wired directly from our router, so I even tried turning wireless off to make sure all of the bandwidth was assigned to the device. If I plug the ethernet cable into my laptop and run a speedtest, it's 4.87 Mbps. If I plug the ethernet cable into the Blu-Ray player and use Vudu's test, it barely hits the 1 Mbps line. Youtube videos, etc. loaded very fast when I had the cable plugged into my laptop, but I couldn't even get the movie to play from vudu.com on my laptop, despite the 4.5 Mbps connection speed.

I tried reseting the primary and backup DNS on the Blu-Ray player to 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 as I've seen suggested, resetting our router, unplugging and restarting the Blu-Ray player, deactivating and reactivating the Vudu app... nothing changes a thing. Netflix is streaming just fine, BTW.

This is ridiculous. What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
              I once had 6 meg DSL service, and I was still able to watch HDX movies without buffering. I only had 1 segment of the buff-o-meter lit, but it never paused. I also increased my DSL speed from 6 meg to 12 meg. Now the buff-o-meter shows all segments lit up.

Last night, we were watching a movie in HDX, and it kept buffering. Eventually, we got a message recommending switching to HD or SD. HD was buffering as well, so we ended up watching in SD. I ran the Vudu speed test, and it filled up the meter - completely green. Nothing else was streaming or downloading at the time. We have NEVER had buffering problems before. Last night, the movie was unwatchable in HDX and HD. My BluRay is wired, not wireless. I remember streaming a movie last year on my UVerse service and the movie kept failing. Turns out, it was a bad file. Uverse refunded our money. Is it possible that 'Horrible Bosses' last night was a glitchy file itself? Why would Vudu's own speed test indicate a full green bar, and yet constantly buffer even the HD stream?

I have Comcast internet at about 20+ mbps and I suffer alot of buffering for an SD movie. VUDU continues to tell me its my ISP, but Comcast does testing and finds no issues with my service.....hmmm

Comment

If I'm correct, cable Internet is shared with everyone in the neighborhood. Cable is just one wire to which everyone in the node is connected. You'll see slower speeds in the evenings when everyone is on. DSL is more of a dedicated connection. You should see less variation in speed due to time of day. Keep in mind that the server you are connected to, whether Vudu, AOL, etc., may have alot of worldwide traffic trying to use it at the same time. That can affect performance as well. As a rule, slower speed is USUALLY on the customer end, but not always.

Comment

I've been streaming vudu without issue for over 3 years.

Last night I noticed the interface on my BX100 was really unresponsive. But it let me rent the HD version of the The Debt. It then attempted to play, got the playback UI and everything, but no video/sound. Rebooted the box which then failed to connect to the vudu service for approximately 45 minutes. Then all of the sudden connected and streamed the entire movie fine.

I noticed there were several comments on twitter and facebook with other issues having problems during the same period.

Is vudu having issues? I've rented probably 100 movies without issue before this. My internet was fine during the problematic period given multiple speedtests (including vudu's own) at over 30 mbps.

bald

0xA98A

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                    If I'm correct, cable Internet is shared with everyone in the neighborhood. Cable is just one wire to which everyone in the node is connected. You'll see slower speeds in the evenings when everyone is on. DSL is more of a dedicated connection. You should see less variation in speed due to time of day. Keep in mind that the server you are connected to, whether Vudu, AOL, etc., may have alot of worldwide traffic trying to use it at the same time. That can affect performance as well. As a rule, slower speed is USUALLY on the customer end, but not always.
                    I have tried trouble shooting with VUDU and Comcast. They seem to each point the finger at each other. At Speedtest.net I see no change in speeds. Everything else in the house works. XBOX live, netflix surfing ther net is lightning fast etc.....I just don't get it, and I really enjoy VUDU when I can watch it....

Comment

I have been receiving the following message for the last month when I attempt to watch a movie on Vudu. "Your network speed is insufficient for uninterrupted playback at this quality. Recommend you select a lower quality to continue watching." I switched to SD, and still receive the problem. This is the second movie that I have rented

Comment

Originally posted by Bjenn View Post
                        I have been receiving the following message for the last month when I attempt to watch a movie on Vudu. "Your network speed is insufficient for uninterrupted playback at this quality. Recommend you select a lower quality to continue watching." I switched to SD, and still receive the problem. This is the second movie that I have rented
                        Bjenn,

Please give us a call at (888)554-VUDU so we can get a little more information about your setup.

Comment

I too have been having serious buffering issues in the last couple of days whereas I haven't in the past.

I did the Vudu speedtest and got 4.475Mbps down and 415kbps up.

My connection from device (Entone STB) to router (Westell 7550) is 100Mb wired Ethernet.

Comment

i have a similar issue, i attempted too watch a few of the many different programs ive purchased through vudu this evening in HDX ,first the buffering then the option too change too hd, so i went too hd.. same thing so i went too sd, so i thought i would check too see what the network test speed would say... green bars all the way too the top the whole time, says i should be able too watch movies at the HDX setting. then too add insult too injury i decided too check too see if a free preveiw of another HDX movie play for longer than about 15 sec's which is all i could get at HDX with the movies i own..... you'll never guess it played flawlessly.... please help, im a very, very frustrated customer! oh and afterwards i tried again and again too watch anything in hdx no go

Comment

For the past 2 Saturday evenings, I too have been having buffering issues with HDX on my Samsung DVD player. At the time, my vudu speed test shows 19 Mb/s down. With the movie streaming it is 13 Mb/s.

After downgrading to HD, the movie played fine.

Today, I am re-streaming the same movie in HDX just fine. Network parameters are the same. This seems to imply issues with Vudu servers during peak times.

Vudu support suggested turning off/resetting all of the devices on my network (cable modem, switches, computers, etc). That seems like a "vudu" solution for sure. They said was needed to "reset" the network connection to Vudu as opposed to simply restarting the DVD player, or even more simply - restarting the Vudu session.

Comment

Interesting issue tonight: I started buffering toward the end of the movie. One time when it started playing again, it was audio only. The picture was black. I finished watching the movie in HD. The soundtrack on the SD feed was not as good.

Comment

Working...
                                X