Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Does VUDU conflict with Audio Return Channel function???

Quote Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
    I have reboot and reset things many, many times. This is a reproduceable and repeatable issue, and no other application (Netflix for example) is affected. I have the same Yamaha receiver model RX-V671. Same Vudu client version.

What is the status of my support case?
    Neil,

Please check your private messages.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dhatman View Post
    Neil,

Please check your private messages.
    Hey Dan, sorry i been away for awhile but if you can e-mail me the status of this issue also i would appreciate it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kershizzle View Post
    Hey Dan, sorry i been away for awhile but if you can e-mail me the status of this issue also i would appreciate it. Thanks
    So far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue you and Neil are experiencing.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Hello...

Sorry to jump in late, but I just found this thread. I want to confirm I have the EXACT same issue with my Sharp Aquos LC70LE735U TV and my Onkyo TX-NR709 rcvr. ARC works perfectly for Netflix but fails on any VUDU app unless I go into my TV settings, shift the ARC enable from Auto to Off then back to Auto.

PLEASE keep this open and keep working the issue.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pecocus View Post
    Hello...

Sorry to jump in late, but I just found this thread. I want to confirm I have the EXACT same issue with my Sharp Aquos LC70LE735U TV and my Onkyo TX-NR709 rcvr. ARC works perfectly for Netflix but fails on any VUDU app unless I go into my TV settings, shift the ARC enable from Auto to Off then back to Auto.

PLEASE keep this open and keep working the issue.

Paul
    Paul, I would say you just need to live with it. The mantra that keeps getting repeated is that Vudu "cannot reproduce" yet it's clearly reproduceable, especially with the same configuration.

I just restart my receiver when switching to Vudu. It's a pain but not a serious pain, and less of a pain than dealing with a support team who is obviously not capable of or interested in finding the cause and solution.

Quote Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
    Paul, I would say you just need to live with it. The mantra that keeps getting repeated is that Vudu "cannot reproduce" yet it's clearly reproduceable, especially with the same configuration.

I just restart my receiver when switching to Vudu. It's a pain but not a serious pain, and less of a pain than dealing with a support team who is obviously not capable of or interested in finding the cause and solution.

So... just so I'm clear, when you use VUDU, you just turn off your AV Reciever and turn it back on, then you get sound?

I'm having this exact same problem. I have a Yamaha RX-V571 receiver and VUDU app client version on my Sharp Aquos: 3.0.0 (rev 78149). It's discouraging to see that these posts began a year ago and it's still happening.

It doesn't appear as though it's doing any good, but just in case, I will post this update that I'm still having the same issue and it is consistent.

Thread Information