Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

How many movies and TV shows do you have in your Vudu collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many movies and TV shows do you have in your Vudu collection?

Originally posted by tfisher View Post
    Like I said...CinamaNow has the movie listed as a UV title availabe for disc to digital. That is how I loaded my copy to UV. I can play the movie on CinamaNow also.

Since the studio has authorized this movie for UV then I see no reason why Vudu cannot add this title.
    I agree - I raised this issue internally to look into it.

What makes this even more interesting is that jeffpn claims he can access his copy on VUDU.
    That's probably because he bought it through VUDU. Which will *always* guarantee you can watch it through VUDU

Really, there is no guarantee any service *has* to stream a (UV) movie you didn't buy through from them - only the seller/redeemer is obligated to provide it. VUDU streams all UV titles you own (barring issues like you mentioned above) because we want to provide the best experience for VUDU customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      That's probably because he bought it through VUDU. Which will *always* guarantee you can watch it through VUDU
      That would make sense, except that he posted earlier that he had an UV code with his Blue Ray, which puts him in the same situation that I am in.

THANKS JAKE...you seem to be the only person there who seems to care about the customer. I entered a case for this a couple of days ago and I felt like they were just too quick to dismiss my request as just being wishful thinking on my part.

I listed about 5 titles that VUDU should be able to add earlier this week.

Comment

THANKS JAKE...you seem to be the only person there who seems to care about the customer. I entered a case for this a couple of days ago and I felt like they were just too quick to dismiss my request as just being wishful thinking on my part.
        No, I'm sure customer care helps TONS of people every day, generally they are very good at dealing with most issues...

For good or bad (mostly good I think ) UV is a very new thing for everyone - customers, studios, retailers, etc - and it will take a bit of work before all of the glitches are sorted out. IMO (and hopefully many customers' opinion) it's better to be aggressive in UV adoption and sort out the minor issues than wait around. Hope you agree with that, as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          No, I'm sure customer care helps TONS of people every day, generally they are very good at dealing with most issues...

For good or bad (mostly good I think ) UV is a very new thing for everyone - customers, studios, retailers, etc - and it will take a bit of work before all of the glitches are sorted out. IMO (and hopefully many customers' opinion) it's better to be aggressive in UV adoption and sort out the minor issues than wait around. Hope you agree with that, as well...
          I didn't say that customer care doesn't help others...just saying that they seem to be very quick to blow me off with a scripted response and I am finding it frustrating and finding that I have little use for them. I actually received two repsonses to my case...the second person (Brian was his name) sounded like he actually read my entire message and put a little thought into it. He also sounded like he might be willing to look into this to see if these titles can be added.

I have put a lot of money into making my video collection available through in the cloud and I have purcahsed some new movies from you guys. So I hope you understand my frustration with VUDU's customer care. And you better believe that I will continue to be "aggressive" from my end. I have been requesting enhancements to VUDU to enhance our experience and improve customer care. I have been requesting new titles also.

But this really isn't about UV adoption...Warner and New Line Cinama have already adopted UV and these titles I have been asking for all week have been authorized by these studios for UV and Disc to Digital. As I stated earlier, CinamaNow has these titles available on their site.

Anyway, thanks for rasing this issue internally. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Even if it's an intelligent response as to why Vudu cannot add these titles but CinamaNow can would be appreciated.

Comment

Let's get back on topic (no offense).

How many movies and TV shows do you have in your Vudu collection?

Comment

Originally posted by nycomet View Post
              Let's get back on topic (no offense).
              Sorry to hijack your thread but whenever an opportunity comes along like this to get some customer service I take it.

Comment

117 right now...about 100 left to D2D.

Comment

896 movies
                  20 TV shows

Comment

Originally posted by Fred65 View Post
                    896 movies
                    20 TV shows
                    JAW DROP!

that is an amazing amount of movies in your Vudu/Ultraviolet collection!!!!

Comment

896 movies
                      20 TV shows
                      I think we found our winner!

Comment

When D2D first came about I had well over 1200 dvds. The problem is that I still have about 300 more that I can't do anything with. I'm hoping that the studios will get off their hands, and start allowing the rest of my collection to be converted. The wife sure is happier though with the room that has been gained in the living room. Also the people at Walmart in the photo deptartment now say hi to me when I show up.

Comment

The wife sure is happier though with the room that has been gained in the living room. Also the people at Walmart in the photo deptartment now say hi to me when I show up.
                          Curious. What do you do with your DVDs after you convert with D2D? Thanks.

Comment

I can't get an accurate count of my collection. I have 220 movies on vudu, and that includes maybe 10 that aren't UV. UV says that I have 220 films. Two that aren't available are The Notebook, and Magic Mike, but I didn't add this title to my collection, flixster did. I'd ask them to remove it, but I don't trust their customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                              Curious. What do you do with your DVDs after you convert with D2D? Thanks.
                              I can't speak for Fred65, but I boxed up a lot of mine to free up space. I also gave some to my parents so they had a copy of a few of their favorite movies to watch.

Comment

I can't speak for Fred65, but I boxed up a lot of mine to free up space. I also gave some to my parents so they had a copy of a few of their favorite movies to watch.
                                I did not have hundreds of DVD's but Im down to 20 or so. If I D2D the DVD title I would trade it in at Best Buy's "Upgrade And Save" program for $5 off a Blu-ray or trade any DVD worth over $3 to Amazon.com for gift cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X