Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Walmart New Disc-to-Digital In-Home Service

Quote Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
    This news is so exciting that I got a stiffie!

So once I downlad the Vudu to go app to my computer, i can get my DVDs and Blu-rays d2d'd. How does the app know that I have the blu-ray disc or DVD disc? My computer does not have a blu-ray drive.

What is the actual procedure to make this at home D2D system work? Step by step instructions were not mentioned aside from downloading the app. Will it work with ipads or iphones?
    Based on the description in the article, it sounds like it'll be similar to the CinemaNow version which means you'll need a DVD or Blu-ray drive (can be an external drive if don't have one now I imagine). You would search for the movie in the Vudu To Go app in the D2D tab/section (once it exists). Then it'll probably prompt you to insert the disc, and it will verify it. Or it may end up like CinemaNow's where it recognizes the disc automatically and no searching required. Then you can pick SD/HD and then purchase. Then it gets added to your UV account.

Quote Originally Posted by sbuberl View Post
    Based on the description in the article, it sounds like it'll be similar to the CinemaNow version which means you'll need a DVD or Blu-ray drive (can be an external drive if don't have one now I imagine). You would search for the movie in the Vudu To Go app in the D2D tab/section (once it exists). Then it'll probably prompt you to insert the disc, and it will verify it. Or it may end up like CinemaNow's where it recognizes the disc automatically and no searching required. Then you can pick SD/HD and then purchase. Then it gets added to your UV account.
    Thanks for describing the procedure. I don't think it will work for me as my Mac is older and doesn't run apps - and I do not have a computer blu-ray drive. So that means I still have to visit the minions at Walmart to give me D2D service.

Too bad the app cannot work on a wifi equipped blu-ray player or on the PS3. If only it could work on iphone using the camera to scan the disc. BUMMER!
    Want list: Thor in HDX on Vudu.
    CinemaNow has Thor "back in window" at this very moment. We need Thor back on Vudu!

Won't be of any use to me until other studios such as MGM start participating.
    lujan
    492 HDX
    2 HD
    1 SD
    495 VUDU

Quote Originally Posted by lujan View Post
    Won't be of any use to me until other studios such as MGM start participating.
    Per the other thread, MGM seems to be participating because they are mentioned in the press release.

Is it possible to merge the two threads?

This is great. I was about to go to Walmart yesterday with my paramount movies but decided to wait until after ces to see if there was any king of announcement. Glad i did.

Quote Originally Posted by teke184 View Post
    Per the other thread, MGM seems to be participating because they are mentioned in the press release.
    That's good news!
    lujan
    492 HDX
    2 HD
    1 SD
    495 VUDU

Quote Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
    This news is so exciting that I got a stiffie!
    Count my Stiffie too!

I'm litterly running around the house like a crazy person! I had some coke to calm me down. This will only enhance the service 40x!!!
    Woodoo's VUDU Library
    1300+ Movies
    HDX: 1200+
    SD: 100+
    TV: 20+

I just hope they add a lot more titles that are already listed on VUDU as UV to the disc to digital list!

Thread Information