Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Vudu to launch it's own at home D2D service!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxH View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! Every time I come to the forum I've been checking the D2D page on Vudu.com to see if it's changed. The only drawback is that all my computers are old enough that none of them have a Blu-ray capable drive, so I may have to look for the cheapest external Blu-ray drive...at $3 saved per (BR) conversion, it may pay for itself! (At least that's what I'll tell my wife.)
    The price of blu-ray drives have dropped significantly since they first came out. If you're looking for an internal desktop blu-ray reader you can get them for as low as $30. Here's an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Blu-Ray-Drives/SubCategory/ID-598

Quote Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
    The price of blu-ray drives have dropped significantly since they first came out. If you're looking for an internal desktop blu-ray reader you can get them for as low as $30. Here's an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Blu-Ray-Drives/SubCategory/ID-598
    Thanks rdodolak...I was already browsing Newegg! I'm looking at that $50 external drive so I can use it with my laptop, but it has no reviews. Still, an optical drive is relatively simple, as long as I'm gentle with it I hope it would last me a while.
    [command INSERTWITTYQUIP failed: insufficient wit]

Quote Originally Posted by MaxH View Post
    Thanks rdodolak...I was already browsing Newegg! I'm looking at that $50 external drive so I can use it with my laptop, but it has no reviews. Still, an optical drive is relatively simple, as long as I'm gentle with it I hope it would last me a while.
    There doesn't appear to be much info about that brand. I did notice this drive is also listed on Buy.com. If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page your see an About the Seller blurb for Mambate (never heard of them before). However, they claim AGPtek is their trademark, or brand.

http://www.buy.com/prod/agptek-exter...246705876.html

Quote Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
    There doesn't appear to be much info about that brand. I did notice this drive is also listed on Buy.com. If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page your see an About the Seller blurb for Mambate (never heard of them before). However, they claim AGPtek is their trademark, or brand.

http://www.buy.com/prod/agptek-exter...246705876.html
    Actually, I clicked on "AGPtek" on Newegg and it brought up all their products. Those that were rated averaged about 4 eggs, so I guess I could do worse. I might pay a few dollars more to get it from Amazon though, since I have a gift card.
    [command INSERTWITTYQUIP failed: insufficient wit]

the end of the month is upon us so where is the service

There's still another week to go. I'm anxious to try it out too.

hurry up already

The only thing that worries me slightly is that since disc to digital in itself is "powered by Rovi", I wonder if it means this backend to VUDU's application is still going to be fraught with wrongly identified discs, standard editions given for extended cut versions of films or films saying "not available for disc to digital" when they clearly are etc.

CinemaNow's D2D is powered by Rovi. Vudu's D2D is not powered by rovi, that we know of.

Quote Originally Posted by echopulse View Post
    CinemaNow's D2D is powered by Rovi. Vudu's D2D is not powered by rovi, that we know of.
    That's what I was thinking.

Thread Information