Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

Here on Vudu there are many Paramount movies that have the UV logo in the listing. The same Paramount titles on CinemaNow do not have the UV logo in the listing.

I thought if a movie is Ultraviolet enabled it is UV for all services, not exclusively just here on Vudu.

Either Vudu does indeed have an exclusivity deal to offer Paramount UV titles (which doesn't make sense to me) or CinemaNow never got the memo from Paramount stating some of the movies are now UV enabled. The other possibility is that CinemaNow is oblivious and simply did not bother to update its internal database to reflect the Paramount films that are now UV.

What do you guys think? Why are some Paramount movies UV on Vudu, but not UV on CinemaNow?
    Want list: Thor in HDX on Vudu.
    CinemaNow has Thor "back in window" at this very moment. We need Thor back on Vudu!

Default Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

Quote Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
    Here on Vudu there are many Paramount movies that have the UV logo in the listing. The same Paramount titles on CinemaNow do not have the UV logo in the listing.

I thought if a movie is Ultraviolet enabled it is UV for all services, not exclusively just here on Vudu.

Either Vudu does indeed have an exclusivity deal to offer Paramount UV titles (which doesn't make sense to me) or CinemaNow never got the memo from Paramount stating some of the movies are now UV enabled. The other possibility is that CinemaNow is oblivious and simply did not bother to update its internal database to reflect the Paramount films that are now UV.

What do you guys think? Why are some Paramount movies UV on Vudu, but not UV on CinemaNow?
    Hey Comet, What is really weird is that the Paramount movies that I own load on the iPhone app with UV labels . The iPhone app is the only place my CinemaNow movies load.

Licensing issues, as each content provider (studio, distributor, etc.) has their own contracts with each seller.

Flixster, for example, didn't have the rights to stream Paramount films over UV until a couply of months ago, which is why I was hesitant to convert many Paramount films at first.

That sort of annomaly can be more localized...for instance the Jurassic Park triple play was available in HDX (and if memory serves UV enabled), but the individual films were only available SD within Vudu.

It is certainly an oddity to see a "UV" title available from a service, only it not be UV enabled.

Back to the Future Part II and III are UV on VUDU but not CinemaNow

Gladiator also

Quote Originally Posted by ohmsy View Post
    Back to the Future Part II and III are UV on VUDU but not CinemaNow :rolleyes
    Back to the Future Psrt II and III are listed as UV on CinemaNow if you already have them in your UV account.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurayfan View Post
    Back to the Future Psrt II and III are listed as UV on CinemaNow if you already have them in your UV account.
    I just bought Part II off CinemaNow and it didn't go to my locker

Quote Originally Posted by ohmsy View Post
    I just bought Part II off CinemaNow and it didn't go to my locker
    I would submit an inquiry to support. I own all three films purchased from Vudu and I can play or download them on CinemaNow, even in their iPhone app.

Tried said nothing they could do.

I haven't been able to access my CinemaNow movies that I bought for over 4 months now. I would advise to stay away from that garbage of a streamer.

Their response to me demanding a refund: "We cannot do that, your case has already been escalated".

Oh really? It's been escalated for over 3 months with no update. I don't know what the problem would be (I feel it's because I own too many movies in my UV locker), but I would stay FAR AWAY from CinemaNow. It's way too broken for me...

Thread Information