Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flight encoding issue - Dolby Digital plus stereo

For some unknown reason Paramount thinks it's perfectly reasonable to give Vudu Flight with Dolby Digital+ stereo only. I mean this is a 2013 release, there is absolutely no legitimate reason why it was done this way. Dolby Digital 5.1 should be a requirement for all new releases, especially the HD and HDX versions.

Default Re: Flight encoding issue - Dolby Digital plus stereo

Quote Originally Posted by Blurayfan View Post
    For some unknown reason Paramount thinks it's perfectly reasonable to give Vudu Flight with Dolby Digital+ stereo only. I mean this is a 2013 release, there is absolutely no legitimate reason why it was done this way. Dolby Digital 5.1 should be a requirement for all new releases, especially the HD and HDX versions.
    I cannot believe that they've done that! You guys at VUDU actually want our money don't you!!??? Oh I know it isn't your fault.. except it still is! You don't have to roll over at the studios every whim you know. You can actually TRY and dictate to them what is deemed acceptable by your customers. This isn't acceptable. If we're getting new releases in 2013 with Stereo only sound, what hope does it give us of having older releases like The Matrix Trilogy etc ever having surround sound? Not good guys, not good at all.

Vudu needs to push this high up and get this sorted. I wonder if itunes or Amazon Instant have it in 5.1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smackos View Post
    I cannot believe that they've done that! You guys at VUDU actually want our money don't you!!??? Oh I know it isn't your fault.. except it still is! You don't have to roll over at the studios every whim you know. You can actually TRY and dictate to them what is deemed acceptable by your customers. This isn't acceptable. If we're getting new releases in 2013 with Stereo only sound, what hope does it give us of having older releases like The Matrix Trilogy etc ever having surround sound? Not good guys, not good at all.

Vudu needs to push this high up and get this sorted. I wonder if itunes or Amazon Instant have it in 5.1 ...
    After redeeming the UV code through Paramount I redeemed the included code from my Blu-ray purchase through iTunes as well. I received a 1080p HD digital copy and yes it does have a 5.1 track.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackos View Post

I agree, Vudu keeps telling me that it's MGM that's not providing the "Species 2" and "Species 3" in DD5.1 for the HDX version but is for the HD version. I think that Vudu (Walmart) is a large enough company to insist that they get the correct version from the studio in a timely manner. Vudu customers should not have to wait months and months (possibly years) to get the movie corrected.
    lujan
    492 HDX
    2 HD
    1 SD
    495 VUDU

I have contacted vudu support about this issue, it has been escalated to engineering to review and hopefully resolve.

That's awful! I wanted the UV copy and thought I would be missing out on some great surround sound watching the Flight DVD I borrowed from the Public Library on Tuesday. Now I won't regret watching it and will not buy it on Vudu.
    My D2D HDX Wish List: MGM Titles

Our apologies, we should have a new encode available shortly with 5.1 DD+. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DanielH View Post
    Our apologies, we should have a new encode available shortly with 5.1 DD+. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Much appreciated... Any idea on a time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielH View Post
    For which one? Are you referring to my 7-month issue with Species 2 and 3?
    lujan
    492 HDX
    2 HD
    1 SD
    495 VUDU

Quote Originally Posted by lujan View Post
    For which one? Are you referring to my 7-month issue with Species 2 and 3?
    LOL that put a smile on my face, good one
    D2D Wishlist: X2 - Pearl Harbor - 007 Series, Spartacus Season 1
    UV Redemption Sheet
    D2D List by FattyMoBookyButt

Thread Information