Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

Originally posted by wildside View Post
    I've been donating most of my converted titles to the Wagging Tails Thrift Shop (on Gude Drive in Rockville, MD), since we are in the process of downsizing. (Wagging Tails benefits the Montgomery County Humane Society. They must have 500+ DVDs and Blu-Rays still for sale. Stop by in you're in the area; it's for a good cause.)
    -- John
    First off, howdy neighbor! Wow, I may have to go buy some of your old Blu-rays to convert! And it's right next to Baying Hound Aleworks, too, another reason for me to go. BTW. if you like beer, try their Maddie's Mole, they donate a portion of each sale to the MCHS. The Taj Mahound is also very good. They're in a warehouse space at 1108 Taft St.

Comment

Here is my list. I am slugging away slow but sure. Each is HDX when available. The crisp picture quality is worth the extra $3.00 to me.

I average about 5 D2D every two weeks and about one outright purchase per month.

I am not a rich man. I do enjoy this as a hobby and like that it is going to take me over a year to complete my D2D at my current burn rate. It gives me a rush when I bring a batch in for D2D conversion.

If Disney joins, the time it will take me will more then double.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7kG...it?usp=sharing

Larger View.....

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        Here is my list. I am slugging away slow but sure. Each is HDX when available. The crisp picture quality is worth the extra $3.00 to me.

I average about 5 D2D every two weeks and about one outright purchase per month.

I am not a rich man. I do enjoy this as a hobby and like that it is going to take me over a year to complete my D2D at my current burn rate. It gives me a rush when I bring a batch in for D2D conversion.

If Disney joins, the time it will take me will more then double.

Larger View.....

You have some great titles. One of these days I will figure out how to post a screenshot of my collection lol. I think the way you are doing D2D is smart. Last year when D2D came out I dropped a pretty penny converting and settling for SD now that I have maybe 20 SD that are now HDX I have to shell out more money. It is better to do it right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by johnmccann1976 View Post
          now that I have maybe 20 SD that are now HDX I have to shell out more money. It is better to do it right the first time.
          How does that work? Does VUDU let you simply pay the difference in price since you already have SD, or do you need to pay full price for the HDX version?

Comment

Originally posted by johnmccann1976 View Post
            You have some great titles. One of these days I will figure out how to post a screenshot of my collection lol. I think the way you are doing D2D is smart. Last year when D2D came out I dropped a pretty penny converting and settling for SD now that I have maybe 20 SD that are now HDX I have to shell out more money. It is better to do it right the first time.

I am slow to pull the trigger on any SD(only) movie for just that reason. I am also pretty thorough with sequels.

For instance, I have...;

-all three Matrix via D2D HDX upgrades from DVD.
            -all three Lord of the Rings via D2D HDX upgrades from DVD.
            -all seven Harry Potters via D2D HDX (mix of DVD & Bluray).
            -all three Bourne in HDX (two from D2D via DVD and one outright purchase)
            -all three Ocean 1x via D2D HDX upgrades from DVD
            -all three Spider-man via D2D HDX (two from DVD, one from Bluray)
            -all three Transformer in HDX (one from D2D upgrade and two from outright purchases)
            -both Fantastic 4 via D2D HDX from Bluray
            -All four Indiana Jones in HDX (purchased as a Bundle)
            -Both Sherlock Holmes (from outright purchases)
            -Both Kung Fu Panda in HDX via D2D from Bluray
            -All four Mission Impossible in HDX (purchased as a Bundle)

So, when I hit a title which has sequels, I try to complete the collection before moving on. If I don't have it on my D2D list, I do an outright purchase from Vudu.

That is just how I do it. It is nice to be able to round out the collections this way before moving on and yet another example of the benefit of collecting via Vudu. I really enjoy it.

Some people collect sport cards. Some collect butterflies. I collect entertainment titles that were produced with multi-million dollar budgets.

Much more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Fofer View Post
              How does that work? Does VUDU let you simply pay the difference in price since you already have SD, or do you need to pay full price for the HDX version?

Full price for the HDX even if you have the SD version already. I requested we only be charged the delta, but so far no response.

Comment

Where is the SORT feature??? When was it enabled???

Originally posted by OSUGrad2X View Post
                OMG i bet you were relieved when Vudu enabled the SORT feature

Comment

Originally posted by theguru14 View Post

Not in the iPhone/iPod/iPad app, nor on the PC/MAC. Only in the PS3/XBox or Roku. I think the Bluray player app has it too.

It lets you sort your titles by several different criteria, including alphabetically. That is how I keep mine sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                    It lets you sort your titles by several different criteria, including alphabetically. That is how I keep mine sorted.
                    I routinely toggle between "alphabetical" and "date added." I have a measly ( ) 65 titles in my VUDU cloud right now -- but expect that number to increase significantly in the next few weeks.

Comment

I routinely toggle between "alphabetical" and "date added." I have a measly ( ) 65 titles in my VUDU cloud right now -- but expect that number to increase significantly in the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by theguru14 View Post
                        Walter-S_North_Carolina answered you already, just above. No idea when the sort feature was enabled, but I have it on the VUDU channel on my Roku.

Comment

Sort options on the VUDU channel on my Roku:

Comment

I too am having too much fun with this. I took my Bluray player into a Pawn Shop. It was sitting in my garage collecting dust for almost a year.

I got $15 for it. The guy at the counter said they stopped taking movies (both DVD and Bluray) and are in the process of liquidating their inventory. He said everyone was dumping their DVDs and going for streaming services and they were ending up with way too much inventory for the decreasing demand.

I took a DVD copy of "Gothika" off his hands for $2.00. It was on my wish list.

I then took it to WalMart and did a 1080p upgrade on it and now have that title in my UV locker.

Total cost = $7.00 ($2.00 at Pawn Shop + $5.00 at WalMart)

I used the remainder of the $15.00 from selling my old Bluray player to add two more titles from my waiting-to-be-converted-queue.

I added;
                            1) "Horton Hears a Who!" as a $2.00 Bluray to 1080p/HDX UV conversion
                            2) "The Story of Qiu Ju" as a $2.00 DVD to SD UV conversion
                            -This one I was thinking of waiting to see if an HDX version would come out so I could do an upgrade from my DVD, but figured an obscure title from 1992 may be a long wait and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on an SD conversion to get it into the UV locker.

This brings my title total now to 112.

On Friday (which is my payday), I am going to be bringing in between 4 to 7 new titles from my queue for 1080p/HDX DVD-->UV conversions via D2D.

Only two days away...

Comment

Went on a conversion binge last night! Woo hoo! I'm moving in on your number, Walter-S_North_Carolina!

Comment

Damn on the 3900. I don't think I could even name 3900 movies.

This is old. I'm at 1398 now. I'll break 1400 in April for sure. Other than that I should only go up less than 10 movies a month unless some new studios get added to the back log. As I said before, uvvu.com really sucks when you have a lot. The site is unresponsive most times. Also the flixster site sucks too and will load a random amount of movies each time I unlink and relink my UV account.

When available I went HD. There are a few SDs but before I paid for it I checked CinemaNow and VUDU for HD streams of it then went ahead and got SD for some dvds.

I own less than 50 blurays that didn't come with UV digital copies and over half of them aren't available to be D2D. About 300 of my movies came from UV codes, the others were DVD to HD conversions. I went from 300 - almost 1400 in less than a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X