Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's got the biggest VUDU (D2D, UV) library here?

Heh, I thought I was bad for being in the 200+ range. Now up to approx. 268 though that count includes some titles that I have in both SD and HD or HDX, at least as shown through Vudu.

I've got a couple of titles that are only at CinemaNow or only at Vudu and not available on (for example) Flixster, but not that many as I'm trying to hold off on getting anything that isn't UV compatible. That said, I did snag a few things that I'd like to have from either of the partner providers just so I wouldn't be frustrated in not having a flick that I might want to see available when I want it.

My biggest frustrations (besides not having Disney/MGM and many FOX titles available for conversion) have been in not being able to get the Unrated versions of titles via D2D. If I have it on Blu-ray in Unrated, I want Unrated, not Theatrical digital/streaming copies. Seeing an Unrated version available, even if not in D2D, just boils my blood, but then I've seen quickly enough that if I buy the Unrated version that it is typically not UV so it doesn't cross the various partner providers and locks me into one provider or the other for that copy.

If/when Disney becomes available for D2D conversion, I'm gonna wind up expanding my collection by approx. 100 - 130 titles pretty quickly. Especially with Pixar titles. I hope Disney cooperates and allows the price for the conversions to be down in the $2 range, but (shhhh!, don't tell them) I'd probably go as high as $5 title for BD -> streaming/digital version for many of those titles if I had to. Beyond that though, sorry, enough of the double and triple dipping. I've paid enough times for these flicks and paying full fare again just won't happen.

Comment

I'm now over 400+ titles. My VUDU Movie page, says 401 titles, but I know I have a bundle or two, and then I have about 20 or so TV Seasons, so I would estimate that I'm now sitting at: 425 UV Titles!

I only stated collecting titles in August of 2012.... I will probably hit 500 by the end of the year, if not more. I've slowed down because I've mostly converted all but 50 or so movies that are not eligible at this time... If Disney joins, I'm sure I'll have another spending spree..... (not looking forward to the cost , but I'm excited to be getting there titles )

One of my other wishes, besides Disney coming on board is that we need more TV seasons to be UV compliant and D2D. There is very little catalog available for TV shows using UV at the moment....

Comment

Originally posted by Fofer View Post
        Went on a conversion binge last night! Woo hoo! I'm moving in on your number, Walter-S_North_Carolina!

I know what you are doing this weekend..... Watching 1080p movies...

Alas, sadly your foe is relentless. I am just getting back from Walmart where I added seven. All are HDX upgrades from DVDs.

1) Taking Lives (Warner Bros. - 2004)
        2) The Stepford Wives (Paramount - 2004)
        3) Peter Pan (Columbia - 2003)
        4) Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (Mandate Pictures - 2007)
        5) Surf's Up (Columbia - 2007)
        6) Nanny McPhee (Universal - 2005)
        7) The Road to El Dorado (Dreamworks - 2000)

My odometer now shows 114, but I get to add +3 for my Indiana Jones collection and +3 for my Mission Impossible collection, bringing my actual total to 120.

Keep trying though and maybe one day you will be as cool as me.

~SCREEN SHOT IMAGE

Comment

Originally posted by terpfan1980 View Post
          My biggest frustrations (besides not having Disney/MGM and many FOX titles available for conversion) have been in not being able to get the Unrated versions of titles via D2D. If I have it on Blu-ray in Unrated, I want Unrated, not Theatrical digital/streaming copies. Seeing an Unrated version available, even if not in D2D, just boils my blood, but then I've seen quickly enough that if I buy the Unrated version that it is typically not UV so it doesn't cross the various partner providers and locks me into one provider or the other for that copy.

Yes, I too agree. However, Bluray when it first came out had the same problem. Say I wanted a certain cut of a movie in Bluray, but only other cuts had been made available. UV has had much faster acceptance/conversion ratios then Bluray.

in 18 months, UV has gone from its first title to over 8000 and still growing very quickly. This is a faster acceptance then Bluray.

Also, with Bluray, there was no upgrade path. I did not have the option to bring in a DVD copy or mail it in somewhere and for $5 get it upgraded to Bluray. UV is the first to offer such a program and in my estimation, it is an awesome deal.

do be patient. The UV catalog will continue to expand. However, I do agree it is frustrating to no end not being able to convert an unrated or director's cut when that is what you own. Even worse when the unrated or directors cut is in the streaming provider's catalog, but a D2D lands you on a theatrical version.

I am not sure, but I think the D2D program was designed with these hammer-and-tong decisions built in to streamline the conversion process. The D2D program is really a low cost incentive program which is designed to spark interest in UV while they continue to drive for critical mass. We get to take advantage of a low cost incentive program, but there are these caveats that need be swallowed, unfortunately.

Comment

I am over 1600 just movie titles now. I watch TV shows on my plex server. I don't see getting to much higher until they start releasing some for MGM, Disney and some of the obscure companies.

I would purchase the other titles I would like if they were under $10 for hdx. They did put I think 12 titles up for $9.99 but I have all of them I would like to see titles like Evil Dead 2, Dances with wolves, etc. Even though they are not UV yet I think that day will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudymedina1 View Post
              I hope Disney joins up at some point. I would love to have their Touchstone movies available as well as the Marvel movies.
              Yeah, Disney needs to get on board. I'm pretty much not buying their animation DVD/Blu combos until they get their sh!t together and get on board (and drop their ridiculously high prices to "reasonable" levels). Well, okay, I'll probably buy them just to have them for the future and then HOPE they get on board eventually.

Comment

People were curious. Ive got 2588 movies and 27 tv shows right now. I anticipate it going up now with the credit we just received. Probably top 1 % but nowhere near the guy who had 4000.

Comment

1525 and counting....

Comment

I just passed 1000 movies. I'm running out of D2D eligible titles to convert.

Only have 22 seasons of TV. I'd add a lot more if they had D2D for TV.

Comment

Originally posted by tbdave View Post
                      I just passed 1000 movies. I'm running out of D2D eligible titles to convert.

Only have 22 seasons of TV. I'd add a lot more if they had D2D for TV.
                      I am right behind you...I just added 11 more movies and now have 966 movies and 19 TV shows.

I would love to add some of the shows I own through D2D. Shows like:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                      Smallville
                      Star Trek: Enterprise
                      Little House On the Prairie
                      Friends
                      Coach
                      Mad About You
                      The Andy Griffith Show
                      Sliders
                      Planet of the Apes
                      Moonlighting
                      Matlock
                      Murder, She Wrote
                      The Father Dowling Mysteries
                      Battlestar Gallactica
                      Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
                      Growing Pains
                      Happy Days

Comment

When do you people that have 1000 or more titles and tv shows have the time to watch them all? I'm only at 346 and it takes around 2 years to watch them all including the rentals I get from Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                          When do you people that have 1000 or more titles and tv shows have the time to watch them all? I'm only at 346 and it takes around 2 years to watch them all including the rentals I get from Netflix.
                          At some point it becomes more about collecting, than watching. I'm at 670 total on Vudu and I often ask myself the same question!

Comment

Originally posted by quackman View Post
                            At some point it becomes more about collecting, than watching. I'm at 670 total on Vudu and I often ask myself the same question!
                            Plus with linked accounts more than 1 person uses the library. I have 3 others who use my library.

Comment

Originally posted by watcherseven View Post
                              1525 and counting....
                              Up to 1813 movies now...

Comment

1446 Movies
                                28 tv shows

Comment

Working...
                                X