Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation VUDU site states Password Reset Required

Just tried to log in to my account and got this message.

Password Reset Required
    Your VUDU password has expired. Please click the Reset button below to reset your password.
    After calling support to inquiry why was informed it was a precaution due to a security breach at corporate. Computer hard drives were stolen, containing account data.

Now just received an email confirmimg what I was told.

We want to let you know that there was a break-in at the VUDU offices on March 24, 2013, and a number of items were stolen, including hard drives.

Our investigation thus far indicates that these hard drives contained customer information, including names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, account activity, dates of birth and the last four digits of some credit card numbers. It's important to note that the drives did NOT contain full credit card numbers, as we do not store that information. Additionally, please note if you have never set a password on the VUDU site and have only logged in through another site, your password was not on the hard drives.

While the stolen hard drives included VUDU account passwords, those passwords were encrypted. We believe it would be difficult to break the password encryption, but we can't rule out that possibility given the circumstances of this theft. So we think it's best to be proactive and ask that you be proactive as well.

SECURITY PRECAUTIONS:

If you had a password set on the VUDU site, we have taken the precaution of expiring and resetting that password. To create a new password, go to www.vudu.com. Click the "Sign In" button at the top of the page. Enter your current username and current password when prompted, then follow the instructions to reset your password securely. Also, if you use your expired VUDU password on any other sites, we strongly recommend that you change it on those sites as well.

As always, remember that VUDU will never ask you for personal or account information in an e-mail. Please use caution if you receive any emails or phone calls from anyone asking for personal information or directing you to a web site where you are asked to provide personal information.

As an added precaution, we are arranging to have AllClear ID protect your identity for one year at no cost to you. We have FAQs on our web site (vudu.com/passwordreset) to answer questions on the incident and to more fully describe how to use the AllClear ID service. We have reported this incident to law enforcement and are cooperating fully with their investigation. We want you to know that we take this matter very seriously, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you,

Prasanna Ganesan
    Chief Technology Officer, VUDU

If anyone has any questions, please visit the FAQ website below:

http://www.vudu.com/password_faq.html
    Last edited by DanielH; 04-09-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Adding clarification

Default Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

I also had trouble logging in to the forums after changing my Vudu password.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I think they are seperate systems.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Hi Aaron,

The password reset shouldn't affect your forum account. What happened when you tried to log-in?
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Default What is "Use PLUS"

I also had to reset today. But what is this on my Account Info page? Is Walmart/VUDU trying to sell a security product:

AllClear ID Protection

You're eligible for AllClear SECURE. If you need help protecting your identity, just call 1.855.434.8077. For additional protection, click the Use PLUS button below.

USE PLUS

Use Redemption code: XXXX-0565-5504-XXXX
    My D2D HDX Wish List: MGM Titles

Default Re: What is "Use PLUS"

Quote Originally Posted by E55KEV View Post
    I also had to reset today. But what is this on my Account page? Is Walmart/VUDU trying to sell a security product:

AllClear ID Protection

You're eligible for AllClear SECURE. If you need help protecting your identity, just call 1.855.434.8077. For additional protection, click the Use PLUS button below.

USE PLUS

Hi Kev,

We have arranged to have AllClear ID provide you with an identity protection service for one year. This service will be at no cost to you.

Refer to our FAQ page for more information: http://www.vudu.com/password_faq.html
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Default Re: What is "Use PLUS"

Quote Originally Posted by E55KEV View Post
    I also had to reset today. But what is this on my Account page? Is Walmart/VUDU trying to sell a security product:

AllClear ID Protection

USE PLUS

VUDU is providing Identity Theft protection FREE for a year as a precaution.

I've not been prompted to reset my password at login after several successful login attempts. Should I just go ahead and change it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by chnandler_bong View Post
    I've not been prompted to reset my password at login after several successful login attempts. Should I just go ahead and change it anyway?

Do you use Facebook to log in to your VUDU account? If so, you should be alright. If you use VUDU to login, then please reset your password.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Is it all accounts or only select accounts impacted? I logged in and saw no prompt nor received any email.

Thread Information