Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Trouble with the new D2D software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble with the new D2D software?

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
    Haven't tried "recognizing anything yet." I'm still hung up on "my entire library of recognized titles disappeared." $860 worth of titles is nothing to sneeze at and took months to assemble.

I'm hoping there's some way of fixing this. Clearly this would qualify as "trouble with the new software" after the upgrade. Don't know why it's doing this, but pretty irritated at the moment. IS this the case with all "pre-existing" carts being "emptied" or "misplaced"? Or am I the sole beneficiary of this little glitch?
    Nope, you're in good company. Just have a look above. Have you tried reinstalling the old version of the app?

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
      Nope, you're in good company. Just have a look above. Have you tried reinstalling the old version of the app?
      No not yet... Though the "update" seemed to go quite smoothly. No glitches or error messages, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by LocN
        The older software won't offer the version on the Walmart conversion list on the web. The Walmart list can be accessed with this URL.
        http://www.vudu.com/disctodigital

Currently we don't have a way to bring that wal-mart list into our software. The reason is the VUDU To Go software's list is certified with the physical media, when the Walmart list needs to have some Wal-mart person to verify.

LLN
        LocN, I was referring to my cart (queue) for the D2D beta app. I had 60+ titles in the app that have since disappeared after the upgrade to 2.0.7 and when I try to add those titles to the new app it states the titles conflict with another existing cart.

Comment

LocN, I was referring to my cart (queue) for the D2D beta app. I had 60+ titles in the app that have since disappeared after the upgrade to 2.0.7 and when I try to add those titles to the new app it states the titles conflict with another existing cart.
          Oops, I am really sorry to hear that. We will try to reproduce the issue and fix it.

Once again, I'm really really sorry for the problem that might cause.

LLN

Comment

Tried it now. Absolutely not a darned bit of difference... Still no cart showing in VUDU2Go, either "wiped" or "misplaced." Depending on what exactly happened. So, no joy, and a bit of growing ire. Hopefully this can get fixed somehow?

Comment

Here is the older list.

LLN
              I have no idea what you mean by that... I went there and it was a page with a blank in-store queue. All it says is "start your list by searching for a movie." How does this help?

My VUDU2Go app's cart is still empty, insofar as I can tell. I don't know whether that means my "cart" has been emptied due to A) software upgrade or B) having made several website-based purchases via browsing, after getting the big "credit" or C) some disconnect between my "cart" (exists in cyberspace somewhere) and my VUDU2Go app after the update...

Comment

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
                I have no idea what you mean by that... I went there and it was a page with a blank in-store queue. All it says is "start your list by searching for a movie." How does this help?

My VUDU2Go app's cart is still empty, insofar as I can tell. I don't know whether that means my "cart" has been emptied due to A) software upgrade or B) having made several website-based purchases via browsing, after getting the big "credit" or C) some disconnect between my "cart" (exists in cyberspace somewhere) and my VUDU2Go app after the update...
                I was confused with the other cart. I am working with developer on the missing items in cart from previous 2.0.6. I will make sure it will be restored as soon as we can.

LLN

Comment

The older software won't offer the version on the Walmart conversion list on the web. The Walmart list can be accessed with this URL.

Currently we don't have a way to bring that wal-mart list into our software. The reason is the VUDU To Go software's list is certified with the physical media, when the Walmart list needs to have some Wal-mart person to verify.

LLN
                  Of course, that doesnt, as far as I can tell, address MY issue, for which he was, I think, trying to offer help.

My issue is that I had VUDU2Go 2.0.6 with about $860 worth of hardware-recognized discs (and a few that were seemingly added by someone at Wal-Mart due to the cross-linked carts issue I reported in an earlier thread; I had a list selected from the Web site and took it in to WalMart, but they couldn't do anything with that without expunging what was already showing in my "cart" in their system, which was all the stuff hardware-recognized via VUDU2Go, so I told her to simply add the stuff I brought in on my list to the "cart" which she did and when I came home it all showed up in VUDU2Go [NOT in the web site Wal-Mart list]).

Anyway, my $860 order in VUDU2Go (not yet paid for, though that was hopefully the next step once I got some funds together) is now missing from VUDU2Go AND from the Wal-Mart in-store list on the VUDU web site. I don't know why both seem to have disappeared or what to do to get them back... That's what I'm hoping to figure out.

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the current version of AIR & VUDU2Go (whilst deleting the folder specified earlier in this thread in the interim). No joy there. Still nothing in my VUDU2Go cart... Nothing showing on the web site.

What now? How do I get all my stuff back? Is there any way without having to manually re-add everything, which may not even be possible at this point, since under the understanding from previous statements that my cat would not be lost between software updates I've since disposed of a few discs after recognizing them (though before committing/paying for the purchase)? Suffice it to say I definitely OWNED the titles at the time I recognized them (and a few of them I may pick up again on Blu-Ray eventually). Nothing hinky as far as that goes. I promise...

I'm just really hoping I'm not going to have to manually re-enter all this stuff and AGAIN take the stuff that doesn't automatically recognize 30 miles out of my way to Wal-Mart (I've already been down there twice over trying to add one batch of titles that were misbehaving on VUDU2Go).

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post
                    I was confused with the other cart. I am working with developer on the missing items in cart from previous 2.0.6. I will make sure it will be restored as soon as we can.

LLN
                    Ahh, okay, I hear ya'...

Thx!
                    ~MG

P.S. I may have posted some more in the interim. Perhaps msgs crossed in the aether, if so. Sounds like you're working on it. Hopefully some fix is possible for the whole missing / misplaced VUDU2Go APP cart thing. ^_^

The whole VUDU2Go cart / in-store queue cross-linking thing has been a bit of a bear too... Seems like in some respects they should kinda' be kept separate, except insofar as checking whether new titles have been "purchased" outside of the given purchase method before committing an entire list to be purchased.

Problems I've encountered (on 2.0.6, though I assume similar issues may persist if 2.0.7 is incremental and not a major overhaul):

1) Item deleted from VUDU2Go app shows up on VUDU.com conversion list, sometimes prevents re-recognition of the same title in VUDU2Go. For instance, if you recognize a DVD --> HDX conversion in VUDU2Go, delete it out, then recognize the same title as a Blu-Ray--> HDX conversion. It seems like it'll recognize in the app, but then try charging you $5 instead of $2 or sometimes it'll give an error about "error setting desired resolution" or something similar. One seemingly has to go delete it from the VUDU.com in-store queue and THEN re-recognize the Blu-Ray version in VUDU2Go, and then it works okay and shows HDX $2 instead of HDX $5.

2) Added lots of titles to VUDU2Go. Then separately added a few titles to the VUDu.com in-store conversion queue. Took it in to Wal-Mart. They said, "there's already $700 worth of stuff in your cart. It won't let us do just this small list you gave me, it wants to just add those to the bigger cart. I can delete the big cart and process just this small one, but you'll lose the titles on the big one."

I told her to just add to cart W/O deleting the big order first. So, she did. And when I got home there was about $800 of titles showing up in VUDU2Go rather than $700. So, clearly the stuff got added.

----------

It would be really nice if the "recognition" and the "purchase" process were two wholly separate pieces. I've suggested this before. I don't know how feasible it is. But the notion is that you can "recognize" as much as you like and add it to your "wishlist", and then from your "wishlist" you can add the specific titles you want to BUY at any given time to your cart and then "check out" with those items. So, rather than "recognizing" directly to the cart, "recognition" would go to an intermediate repository, from which you could "buy" things little by little (as much or as little as you like at a given time) over time. Seems like it would bypass the whole cart collision thing, since the cart would ONLY be used for immediate purchases, and the "wishlist" would be used for indefinite storage, separate from the cart.

Earlier today I had kind of a pie-in-the-sky thought on integrating the VUDU2Go "wishlist" idea with the rest of the site / apps. That is, if the "recognized disc wishlist" idea ever flew, it could also integrate with the VUDU site & apps, "informing" the prices of titles while browsing using your account on which you've recognized (or in-store folks have "recognized") the titles.

So, like, if I've recognized $800 worth of stuff, but only have, say $20 or $200 in promo credits it would be cool if those titles I've recognized showed up on-site biased with the disc-2-digital price. So, LotR: Two Towers (Extended Edition) HDX would show up as $2 rather than, whatever $20 or so, and I could simply click "Buy HDX $2.00" as a micro-transaction. Once that goes through, that title goes off my "wishlist" and into my locker.

Just seems silly to me to show me the "expensive price" on things I've already "recognized" but not yet committed the purchase on. Since I've got this big credit, I'd love to go to a few select titles and "buy" them at the "recognized-disc" price rather than at "list" price. I'd spend that promo credit in a heartbeat. And possibly some real cash when that runs out...

Comment

Originally posted by vanadiumxero View Post
                      I'm also getting the error with the following description for every disc I try:

"There was an error reading this disc.
                      You may take this disc to your nearest Walmart store for instant conversion.
                      [D:\]"

Running Windows 8 x64, and have tried uninstalling, clearing %AppData%\com.vudu.air.Downloader, and reinstalling several times to no effect.
                      Did you also uninstall and clean Adobe Air?
                      If you already did, and are willing to help us to run some exe tool, please PM me your email address. I will send you some debugging tool.

Thanks,
                      LLN

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                        Same issue here, no DVD can be read, Blu-ray however works perfectly.

Error:
                        I just tried with the same W8Pro-64. Have you tried to uninstall both VUDU To Go and Adobe Air and then clean up %APPDATA% for both?

I don't know how to reproduce the issue from here and may need your help to run some exe file at command prompt.

Thanks,
                        LLN

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post
                          I just tried with the same W8Pro-64. Have you tried to uninstall both VUDU To Go and Adobe Air and then clean up %APPDATA% for both?

I don't know how to reproduce the issue from here and may need your help to run some exe file at command prompt.

Thanks,
                          LLN
                          Yes, I just uninstalled the VUDU To Go and Adobe Air a second time to verify. After deleting the %APPData% folders I reinstalled the program. Putting a DVD in resulted in the same error, trying another Blu-ray was successful.

Comment

Well I uninstalled all of the mentioned components and still continue to have the same garbage with the discs I was trying to convert. It's great that Vudu wants to give a 50% discount for ten or more at a time but if not one of these is recognized then what's the point. I will say that I just went to CinemaNow and all of them worked just fine for me. I am tired of fooling around with this now I am going to watch one of those....... ARRRRGH!

Comment

And, as others have, with my missing cart, it's still jamming up the works when trying to re-recognize items.

For instance:

'Legend [Rated/Unrated] [Blu-ray] - BLURAY - 1986' is already assocaited {sp? s/b 'associated'} with another cart for checkout. Please try again later or contact Customer Care.

'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon [Blu-ray] - BLURAY - 2000' is already assocaited {sp? s/b 'associated'} with another cart for checkout. Please try again later or contact Customer Care.

etc.

Just figured I'd give the specific error messages, in case it matters...

Comment

I keep getting the "E drive" error message about not recognizing any of the discs. I also had $35.00 worth of conversions in my cart that have now disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                                X