Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

TV Shows - Ultraviolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Shows - Ultraviolet

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
    Isn't that what I just said, in effect? *Raises an eyebrow...*

Both Seasons 1 & 2 on Blu-Ray come with UV redemption, but to-date it's only available for streaming via Flixster. But it DOES show up in my UV library on uvvu.com ... But, clearly, VUDU does not currently support it as it does not show up in My TV section or in my Blu-Ray player's VUDU app. I would rather like to be able to stream it, and currently VUDU seems the only option, since Flixster doesn't have a streaming app for my Blu-Ray player. Their app merely shows movie trailers. BOO...!

My question is "when will VUDU acquire the right to stream Falling Skies season 1 & 2?" I should rather like to watch it over at my other UV member's house w/o having to physically port around the discs (though in the interim, I will if I have to, though it defeats the purpose of it being UV if it's not in fact portable / streamable on a valid UV-enabled device via a valid UV app, aka VUDU).

Savvy?
    Raise eyebrows all you want but IMHO I think the only reason why you were able to redeem your UV copy through Flixster was because the title was distributed through Warner Bros. If you noticed you can't even find Falling Skies on the Flixster site, ignoring the UV redemption method, through a normal search hence you can't purchase it on their site either. The only way to obtain a streaming copy at the moment is to purchase the set and redeem the UV code.

Now in terms of Vudu they usually, although not always, only have titles available which they also have rights to sell separately. However, neither Flixster or Vudu currently have it for sale. It's possible this is a TNT limitation at the moment.

Comment

When will Falling Skies be available on VUDU? I've already redeemed season 2 on Flixster & it's UV. I'd prefer to watch via VUDU, since Flixster doesn't have an app for my Blu-Ray player, thus it's pointless for the seasons to be UV ONLY on Flixster, since it negates the "streaming" ability that is the [largely] entire point of UV. What good is strraming and portability if one isn't able to "port" it from Flixster to VUDU and one can't "stream" it via Flixster on one's smart Blu-Ray player? I'll have season 1 of Falling Skies shortly, and I'd really like to be able to stream both via VUDU.

Hopefully VUDU gets this sorted soon, as they're probably losing some revenue from potential rentals/sales, etc. already because of it. Especially given season 3 just started, which means people will want to catch up on seasons 1 & 2... I know I do.
      Not sure when VUDU will get falling skies, but Sony announced at E3 that the PS3 and PS4 will be getting a flixster app in the fall

Comment

Originally posted by watcherseven View Post
        Not sure when VUDU will get falling skies, but Sony announced at E3 that the PS3 and PS4 will be getting a flixster app in the fall
        Wonder if it will get delayed like everything else seems to. As long as it's better than the Cinemanow app it will be a viable second choice after Vudu. Has anyone used the Xbox Flixster app? I'm guessing it will be similar.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
          Raise eyebrows all you want but IMHO I think the only reason why you were able to redeem your UV copy through Flixster was because the title was distributed through Warner Bros. If you noticed you can't even find Falling Skies on the Flixster site, ignoring the UV redemption method, through a normal search hence you can't purchase it on their site either. The only way to obtain a streaming copy at the moment is to purchase the set and redeem the UV code.

Now in terms of Vudu they usually, although not always, only have titles available which they also have rights to sell separately. However, neither Flixster or Vudu currently have it for sale. It's possible this is a TNT limitation at the moment.
          Well, regardless whether the UV redemption was through the efforts of Warner or TNT or both, the simple fact of the matter is that *I HAVE* redeemed it, thus have the purported right to stream it. So, I'm hoping to find out if / when I will actually be able to MAKE USE OF that ability? And, again, I should have Season 1 here shortly. In fact I think I might have just gotten a text from Wal-Mart saying it's ready to pick up at my local store. Yay! And when I do I'll add the UV for that too...

So, if someone in the know could give a timeline on when right to actually make use of the streaming rights for it will be available, that'd be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by watcherseven View Post
            Hopefully it's not the same "Flixster" app that's already on my Sony Blu-Ray S390, or all it'll do is stream movie trailers. :P Hehe... So disappointing.

Comment

Well, regardless whether the UV redemption was through the efforts of Warner or TNT or both, the simple fact of the matter is that *I HAVE* redeemed it, thus have the purported right to stream it. So, I'm hoping to find out if / when I will actually be able to MAKE USE OF that ability? And, again, I should have Season 1 here shortly. In fact I think I might have just gotten a text from Wal-Mart saying it's ready to pick up at my local store. Yay! And when I do I'll add the UV for that too...

So, if someone in the know could give a timeline on when right to actually make use of the streaming rights for it will be available, that'd be awesome.
              I think that's all we can ask. Unfortunately, it sounds like each service provider has to have agreements in place for any given title with each studio which compounds the issue. We've heard on these forums that even though Vudu may have rights to a given title, Walmart may not, and thus Vudu couldn't make certain titles available for D2D because of this. Hopefully since the In Store and In Home carts have been separately that part will be resolved. It would be so much easier if it was based a system were if you were a UV service provider you would have the rights to stream any UV title but it appears that isn't so at this point in time.

Comment

So just redeemed Copper Season 1 on Flixster and am confused as to why its not showing up on VUDU. It is UV and in the VUDU store, so shouldn't it show up like Shameless Season 1 did?

Comment

Originally posted by PrznMovieFan View Post
                  So just redeemed Copper Season 1 on Flixster and am confused as to why its not showing up on VUDU. It is UV and in the VUDU store, so shouldn't it show up like Shameless Season 1 did?
                  It would appear that Vudu doesn't have UV rights for this title since there's no UV logo to the left of BBC America.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!overvie...opper-Season-1

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                    It would appear that Vudu doesn't have UV rights for this title since there's no UV logo to the left of BBC America.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!overvie...opper-Season-1
                    Ah I see, so thats why Shameless Season 1 could work even through there was no redeem option here and it was redeemed at Flixster but this one can't. Bummer

Comment

Originally posted by PrznMovieFan View Post
                      Ah I see, so thats why Shameless Season 1 could work even through there was no redeem option here and it was redeemed at Flixster but this one can't. Bummer
                      Correct. If and when Vudu gets UV rights to Copper S1 then you'll be able to stream it from Vudu.

Comment

I just redeemed The Newsroom and Copper through Flixster, only to discover this. Highly disappointed - hopefully this is fixed in the near future. I find it really weird that Vudu can offer the content but not through Ultraviolet.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRacer2K View Post
                          I just redeemed The Newsroom and Copper through Flixster, only to discover this. Highly disappointed - hopefully this is fixed in the near future. I find it really weird that Vudu can offer the content but not through Ultraviolet.
                          You may be even more disappointed regarding The Newsroom. Since it is an HBO title, the code should allow you to redeem Flixster, VUDU and iTunes. If you only redeemed Flixster, it will not carry over to VUDU, despite it going to your UV locker.

When you redeem on the HBO site, the code allows you to redeem UV via Flixster and a separate VUDU redemption. It will launch each service in a new window and then the show is added to your account in each service. This is the same for HBO movies, like Behind the Candelabra and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

I don't think HBO titles should be considered Ultraviolet b/c even if it's in your UV locker, it won't go to other services that import from your UV locker. If you only redeemed the VUDU part, it doesn't even go into your UV locker. It only goes to your UV locker if you redeem thru Flixster.

Comment

I have created a google doc will all the shows and seasons that are UV. Let me know if I am missing any.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                              I have created a google doc will all the shows and seasons that are UV. Let me know if I am missing any.

Defiance is UV

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post

GREAT resource! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I had no idea Big Bang Theory Season 3 and 4 were UV!

Here are a few I noticed, mostly animated, that weren't on there:

Flintstones Season 1
                                Scooby Doo Where Are You Seasons 1-3
                                Batman The Animated Series Volume 3
                                Batman The Brave & The Bold Season 3
                                Batman Beyond Season 1 & 3 (not 2)
                                Bates Motel Season 1

That's all I have to add for now. I will be sure to post any more than I find. This thread just got interesting again! Might be time for a Sticky soon mods!

Comment

Working...
                                X