Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu on Vizio Co-Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu on Vizio Co-Star

Originally posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
    Of course no Vudu rentals, no Vudu only movie playback, no Vudu HDX, and no Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 with Flixter but you can play the UV movies with the Flixter app. The same Vudu app works fine on other Google TV models so I don't think it is correct to say the box is fine, the issue is with the Vudu app. The fact it works on some Co-Stars as indicated above also points at something with the Co-Stars that Vudu won't work on, perhaps some small difference between production runs that makes DRM implementation different.
    Yes this is just a work around to watch movies you already purchased. Also HDX is just 1080P video which is what streams from Flixter as long as the movie you purchased is at the quality.

Comment

Are there any updates on this?

We have recently switched out one of our Roku boxes with the Co-Star and now can't watch some of my son's movies (because unfortunately they were VUDU digital copies instead of UV, which we found out due to this.) which were digital copies included with movies bought at Walmart. We either have to watch it in a different room, or bring in a DVD player or the Roku box. Hopefully the fix is sooner than later.

Comment

I suspect Vizio is the hold up as far as any fix for this issue and by now, I suspect like me everybody is just using a Vudu player that actually works so the thread has been dead for two months.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
          I suspect Vizio is the hold up as far as any fix for this issue and by now, I suspect like me everybody is just using a Vudu player that actually works so the thread has been dead for two months.
          It sounds like the update should start sometime this coming week, but that could change. If i hear anything else, i'll make sure to post.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
            It sounds like the update should start sometime this coming week, but that could change. If i hear anything else, i'll make sure to post.
            I have an email from Vudu support dated 11/5 indicating that there should of been an update available then but Vizio keeps pushing back after numerous calls to them. I know you can't force Vizio to release an update but can your "guys" talk to their "guys" and let them know you have customers waiting to use your service on their box?!!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceB View Post
              I have an email from Vudu support dated 11/5 indicating that there should of been an update available then but Vizio keeps pushing back after numerous calls to them. I know you can't force Vizio to release an update but can your "guys" talk to their "guys" and let them know you have customers waiting to use your service on their box?!!
              I can understand your frustration. At this point, they're debugging the firmware update. As soon as the verified that everything with it is working correctly, they'll let us know.

Comment

Does anyone have any information on the status of the Vizio Co-Star update? Also, it would be helpful to let us know when the update is officially out. Thanks, Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by lglmoris@nm.net View Post
                  Does anyone have any information on the status of the Vizio Co-Star update? Also, it would be helpful to let us know when the update is officially out. Thanks, Kerry
                  This update will come from Vizio or Google if it ever happens, I just checked and it isn't yet available for our Co-Star. I have several different Google TV models and manufacturer system updates are rolled out at some unknown sequence, once it starts it might take weeks or more than a month for all to receive it. I don't know if Vizio will let Vudu know or if someone owning a Co-Star will report the rollout has started. The Google TV Vudu app works fine on most models that can run it, the Co-Star is the only model with problems as far as I know. With the Co-Star some can run Vudu, some can not so it might be a very difficult fix.

I have never seen an explanation regarding why some Co-Stars can run Vudu and some can not, is it a slight difference in parts used? A chip variance with the problem chip not allowing handling DRM properly? Something the owners have done to their Co-Stars that has caused the problem? The firmware for all Co-Stars should be identical so how it is going to be fixed with a firmware update isn't clear to me. I also own a Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV, it runs Vudu, the other Google TV models I own are first generation and will probably never run Vudu. The Co-Star is not very good compared to the Sony models in my opinion for several other reasons in addition to this issue.

Comment

DanielH, what is the status of this update, I have 3 Vizio Co-Stars, including 2 I just bought for my kids bedrooms SPECIFICALLY so they could watch VUDU, and we are all very disappointed that they don't work! I have just converted almost all of my movie collection to Vudu and have been buying new movies on Vudu also, but now don't have access through the Co-Star. Any update on progress would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by psptpr98 View Post
                      DanielH, what is the status of this update, I have 3 Vizio Co-Stars, including 2 I just bought for my kids bedrooms SPECIFICALLY so they could watch VUDU, and we are all very disappointed that they don't work! I have just converted almost all of my movie collection to Vudu and have been buying new movies on Vudu also, but now don't have access through the Co-Star. Any update on progress would be appreciated.
                      As of Friday, 1/17/14 Vizio was hopeful an update would start going out to customers earlier next week. They are still running tests to confirm there are no problems with the firmware update. As soon as we have a confirmed date of release, i'll post an update.

Comment

Update: The software release should be starting. It may take 7 to 10 days to see the new software on your device as it's a stepped release. If anyone has any trouble, please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                          Update: The software release should be starting. It may take 7 to 10 days to see the new software on your device as it's a stepped release. If anyone has any trouble, please let me know
                          Hi DanielH, it is with great regret that I inform you that my Vizio Co-Star received the update just released today and the problem still remains!

Would you please provide additional details regarding the fix and confirm that it was included in the latest update? I would like to think that plenty of testing was performed before release to ensure the issue was in fact fixed (if the fix was included of course).

As a additional information, a second brand new Co-Star just received from Vizio to rule out any possible hardware problems is also experiencing the same problem (also updated to the latest release).

Model Number: VAP430
                          Firmware Version: 3.2
                          Build Number: U5.6.0 (Updated today from U5.3.0)

Comment

Originally posted by GT8257B View Post
                            Hi DanielH, it is with great regret that I inform you that my Vizio Co-Star received the update just released today and the problem still remains!

Would you please provide additional details regarding the fix and confirm that it was included in the latest update? I would like to think that plenty of testing was performed before release to ensure the issue was in fact fixed (if the fix was included of course).

As a additional information, a second brand new Co-Star just received from Vizio to rule out any possible hardware problems is also experiencing the same problem (also updated to the latest release).

Hi GT,

It looks like Vizio has an additional step that some users may have to following. I'm just awaiting those instructions. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by GT8257B View Post

Could you send me your ESN?

You can find this by following the flow: Vizio button --> Settings --> System Settings --> System Info --> ESN

Comment

Working...
                                X