Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

OZ - Disney's First VUDU code. What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OZ - Disney's First VUDU code. What's next?

Just FYI, Sword In The Stone and Robin Hood both redeem HDX through the Digital Copy Plus website on VUDU. I figured this would be the case, but didn't know if anyone else would be wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
      Just FYI, Sword In The Stone and Robin Hood both redeem HDX through the Digital Copy Plus website on VUDU. I figured this would be the case, but didn't know if anyone else would be wondering.
      Also, the covers on those don't say "DigitalCopy+", and iTunes was not even an option, it was either Vudu or Amazon. Good news. Glad to have my first Disney title on Vudu. Now, if only they'll let me buy a digital copy of all my other Blu-ray titles at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
        Also, the covers on those don't say "DigitalCopy+", and iTunes was not even an option, it was either Vudu or Amazon. Good news. Glad to have my first Disney title on Vudu. Now, if only they'll let me buy a digital copy of all my other Blu-ray titles at a reasonable price.
        Now "Robin Hood and Little John, running through the forest. Oodelodal oodelodal oodelodal aye" is available at your fingertips.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
          Now "Robin Hood and Little John, running through the forest. Oodelodal oodelodal oodelodal aye" is available at your fingertips.

Perhaps because iTunes charges the studios a hefty formatting fee, it was decided by Walt Disney Studios to by-pass them for these historical titles.

Comment

Perhaps because iTunes charges the studios a hefty formatting fee, it was decided by Walt Disney Studios to by-pass them for these historical titles.
            I just dig the 2 month transition from 'all you get is iTunes' to 'you can't have iTunes'. Yes, I have an iPad, and the wife has a MacBook, but I still try not to use iTunes whenever I can.

I'm excited to see Iron Man 3 and The Lone Ranger on Vudu in HDX. If it wasn't for the need to redeem my DMR points, I wouldn't even open the packages when they arrive.

Comment

I just dig the 2 month transition from 'all you get is iTunes' to 'you can't have iTunes'. Yes, I have an iPad, and the wife has a MacBook, but I still try not to use iTunes whenever I can.
              Wowzers! Now Walter will have to update his chart again, to say Disney no longer offers iTunes with certain titles!

Comment

No choice to select iTunes for these Disney movies? Wow! This is a significant change in the digital copy movie world. I can hear Walter dancing on the street right now! (I am too).

Comment

Originally posted by quackman View Post
                  No choice to select iTunes for these Disney movies? Wow! This is a significant change in the digital copy movie world. I can hear Walter dancing on the street right now! (I am too).
                  Let us not discount the idea that I simply did not see a iTunes redemption method on DigitalCopyPlus.com.

Comment

Let us not discount the idea that I simply did not see a iTunes redemption method on DigitalCopyPlus.com.

Disney announced today they expect to post a $160,000,000.00 loss from the production/promotion of "The Lone Ranger" in next quarters balance sheet.

The film did not do near as well as expected in the box office.

Perhaps the skipping iTunes is a way they are trimming the budget in response, among other belt tightening measures.

Comment

Disney announced today they expect to post a $160,000,000.00 loss from the production/promotion of "The Lone Ranger" in next quarters balance sheet.

The film did not do near as well as expected in the box office.

Perhaps the skipping iTunes is a way they are trimming the budget in response, among other belt tightening measures.
                      That is a shock! Almost everyone I know has gone to see that movie, even my parents and they never go to the movies. We loved it!

Comment

Yeah, the Lone Ranger was promoted plenty, but fell just as flat upon release as John Carter did. Almost identical in fact.

As for the no iTunes option. That is correct. I picked up both the Sword and the Stone as well as Robin Hood this week, both had options for Vudu or Amazon, but not iTunes.

On the one hand, I think this is glorious news. On the other hand...I swear they had better adopt a disc 2 digital feature down the road. Buying all of these Disney movies again on Blu-ray simply to get a Vudu version of it will really be upsetting.

Comment

If you already own the movie, I wouldn't buy the Blu-ray just to get the vudu code. There are cheaper ways of getting them...

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                            If you already own the movie, I wouldn't buy the Blu-ray just to get the vudu code. There are cheaper ways of getting them...
                            For Disney classic titles it is worth it to me. I can sell my DVD versions to make some back, especially on the Vaultable classics, if I wait until they go back in the vault I can get even more. Not to mention, if I decide the physical media is no longer necessary at all, I can sell the Blu-ray version too (as far as I know this does not violate any Disney policy).

Comment

Hi. Here is an idea that would make disc to digital Disney movies much easier if they want to go with this. Disney has been trying to get into the digital streaming business, take "Disney Movies Online" for example. I was part of this short lived service since it first started. It was linked to Disney Movie Rewards, so if you had a code you could unlock the movie or get a discount. If movies didn't have codes you would have to send proof that you owned that movie over email to get a discount or unlock that movie (could this be the first disc to digital method?). When that service ended they promoted "Disney Studios All Access" A service that never saw the light. I think if Disney wanted to go with VUDU but not want to do Disc to Digital then perhaps linking Disney Movie Rewards to the VUDU service would allow discounts for HDX versions of the Disney movies we have registered on DMR. What do you think? My Disney collection is large and this one time method would relieve us from having to take discs in and out of the computer for hours.

Comment

It's an interesting idea, but it's too complicated for the mainstream consumer. Out of the 25 Disney movies I own, I was only able to find DMR codes for 3 of them. For the rest, I could have sent in receipts, IF I still had them. Who keeps receipts from all the DVD's they've ever bought. Actually, I did for a long time, but after a few years the ink fades. If it hasn't, most of the time the receipt will just say DVD, and not include the title. So it would be tough to figure out which one is which. Looking at all my receipts a while back, I was able to match one Disney title to it's correct receipt. And that's out of about 25.

Of course that wouldn't be as much as a problem for titles bought in the future. But it doesn't matter, because new titles will already have vudu digital copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X