Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Please bring support Google's ChromeCast feature in Vudu..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please bring support Google's ChromeCast feature in Vudu..

Originally posted by dawgyjay View Post
    What title(s) did you get that to work on? I've tried a bunch and that icon doesn't show. Did you do anything special or was it just integrated with the browser?
    I am using Chrome browser with the Google Cast extension installed. My laptop and Chromecast are connected to the same SSID on my router. I don't know how familiar you are with Chromecast so I'm including these ideas even though you probably know them already.
    The Chromecast can only connect to 2.4ghz wifi so the laptop needs to be on that band as well.

If it's set up correctly you'll see a cast icon appear on the window for all YouTube videos and you should also be able to cast the tab using the cast icon that appears on the top right of your browser window (like in the screen shot the poster before me included).

On Vudu, it's a little different than with YouTube. First, there are some movies/TV shows that don't currently show Chromecast availability at all, though this seems to be relatively rare (vast majority of items I checked are castable). You'll know because the item's description page shows Chromecast availability (again see the screen shot in the post before mine). If the item you want to cast shows Chromecast compatibility, then click on the "Watch" button towards the upper left of the item's description page. A video overlay will open and the cast icon should appear towards the lower right of this overlay.

This is where Vudu is different than YouTube and Netflix. On those a menu opens right above the cast icon, you select your player, and the movie starts on your Chromecast. On Vudu, clicking the icon makes the Chrome browser's Chromecast icon in upper right open and you select the Chromecast there. It feels like you might be casting the tab, but you are not. The movie will start playing on your Chromecast and you can close the video overlay because a new blue bar should have appeared at the top of the Vudu site that has pause/play controls on it and allows you to continue browsing on vudu while the movie plays, should you wish to do so.

That's long winded, but should explain the process.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronTV View Post
      I am using Chrome browser with the Google Cast extension installed. My laptop and Chromecast are connected to the same SSID on my router. I don't know how familiar you are with Chromecast so I'm including these ideas even though you probably know them already.
      The Chromecast can only connect to 2.4ghz wifi so the laptop needs to be on that band as well.

If it's set up correctly you'll see a cast icon appear on the window for all YouTube videos and you should also be able to cast the tab using the cast icon that appears on the top right of your browser window (like in the screen shot the poster before me included).

On Vudu, it's a little different than with YouTube. First, there are some movies/TV shows that don't currently show Chromecast availability at all, though this seems to be relatively rare (vast majority of items I checked are castable). You'll know because the item's description page shows Chromecast availability (again see the screen shot in the post before mine). If the item you want to cast shows Chromecast compatibility, then click on the "Watch" button towards the upper left of the item's description page. A video overlay will open and the cast icon should appear towards the lower right of this overlay.

This is where Vudu is different than YouTube and Netflix. On those a menu opens right above the cast icon, you select your player, and the movie starts on your Chromecast. On Vudu, clicking the icon makes the Chrome browser's Chromecast icon in upper right open and you select the Chromecast there. It feels like you might be casting the tab, but you are not. The movie will start playing on your Chromecast and you can close the video overlay because a new blue bar should have appeared at the top of the Vudu site that has pause/play controls on it and allows you to continue browsing on vudu while the movie plays, should you wish to do so.

That's long winded, but should explain the process.
      I see the cast icon in the upper right, which is there on every page I visit thru Chrome. I see the cast icon on the individual movie page. I see the cast icon in the bottom left part if a playing youtube video. I have the cast icon in the bottom toolbar of Google Music. I do not have the cast icon show up in the video overlay within VUDU, which according to the VUDU chromecast page, should be there in the lower right. I have the duration of the movie, the closed captioning box, volume controls, and enlarge screen. No cast icon. Which is why I'm wondering what titles the icon is showing up on in the video overlay.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronTV View Post
        These are ones I own in HDX that only show SD or don't show Chromecast symbol at all:

Amadeus
        Gold Rush: Season 4
        Fringe: Season 4
        Gold Rush: South America: Season 1
        Batman: The Dark Knight Returns parts 1 & 2 (No Chromecast symbol)
        Blue Crush
        The Dark Crystal
        Monty Python's Life of Brian
        Sideways
        A Simple Plan
        Strangers on a Train
        The Talented Mr. Ripley
        Tommy Boy
        Lawrence of Arabia

If you could, please acknowledge that this has been noted so I don't feel like I wasted my time checking them all. Thanks!

We should have most of these fixed shortly!

The following are not ready:

Pale Ryder SD
        Singin' in the Rain (No Chromecast symbol)
        Last edited by DanielH; 04-01-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
          If we're missing a title, or the HD or HDX versions, let us know in this thread and we'll try to get it added as soon as possible.
          I found these in my collection. I have 240 movies, and I was quite surprised to see that a whopping 56 of them lack an HD or HDX Chromecast option. I honestly expected less than 5% would lack the option.

Just a note, these are only movies that I have in HDX but do not have an HDX Chromecast option. If a movie I own is only available in SD anyway (ex. The Karate Kid (original)), I did not list it.

No Chromecast Option: 1
          Police Academy 6: City Under Siege

No HD or HDX Chromecast: 56
          48 Hours
          Ali
          Another 48 Hours
          Batman Returns
          Black Sheep (Farley, Spade)
          Blue Hill Avenue
          The Blues Brothers (Theatrical)
          Boyz 'N the Hood
          Brewster's Millions (Richard Pryor)
          Car Wash (Richard Pryor, George Carlin)
          Crooklyn
          Deep Cover
          Do the Right Thing
          Eddie Murphy: RAW
          Enter the Dragon
          Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
          Friday the 13th (Uncut)
          Friday the 13th Part 2
          Friday the 13th Part 3
          Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter
          Harlem Nights
          High School High
          Higher Learning
          Howard the Duck
          Jackie Brown
          The Karate Kid Part II
          The Karate Kid Part III
          Lakeview Terrace
          The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
          Lethal Weapon 2
          Lethal Weapon 3
          Malcolm X
          McHale's Navy (1997)
          Monty Python's the Meaning of Life
          The Naked Gun
          The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear
          Natural Born Killers
          New Jack City
          A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
          A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
          A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
          Orange County
          Police Academy 3: Back in Training
          Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
          Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow
          Reservoir Dogs
          Robocop (1987)
          The Skeleton Key
          Soul Men
          Stripes
          Taxi Driver
          Tommy Boy
          Waiting to Exhale
          White Men Can't Jump
          The Wizard (1989)
          The Wood

In a stange discovery, I noticed Dodgeball lacks an SD option, but has both HD and HDX.

Comment

If we're missing a title, or the HD or HDX versions, let us know in this thread and we'll try to get it added as soon as possible.
            Going through my collection, these are the ones I've found...

NO CHROMECAST SUPPORT:

Battlestar Galactica [Classic] Season 1
            Battlestar Galactica (2005) Season 1-4
            Castle Season 3
            Delete (Parts 1 & 2)
            Eureka Season 1-3
            House, M.D. Season 2-6
            Lost Season 1-6
            The Neighbors Season 1-2
            Psych Season 1-5
            Reaper Season 1-2
            Rules Of Engagement Season 1-6
            Sanctuary Season 2-3
            Stargate Atlantis Season 1-5
            Supernatural Season 2-5
            Teen Wolf Season 2
            Twin Peaks Season 1-2
            Wilfred Season 1

ONLY SD CHROMECAST SUPPORT:

Arlington Road
            The Astronaught's Wife
            The Avengers (1998)
            Babylon 5: The Lost Tales
            Batman Returns
            Being Human Season 1-4
            The Big Bang Theory Season 1-4
            Bringing Out The Dead
            Brokedown Palace
            Castle Season 1-2 & 4-6
            Cold Comfort Farm
            Cube
            Donnie Darko (Theatrical)
            Dragons: Riders Of Berk Volume 1-2
            Dragons: Defenders Of Berk Part 1-2
            Elementary Season 1-2
            Eureka Season 4-5
            The Evil Dead (1983)
            Fathers' Day
            The Final Cut
            Finding Neverland
            Fringe Season 1-5
            From Hell
            Girl, Interrupted
            Grimm Season 2-3
            Haven Season 1-4
            House, M.D. Season 1 & 7-8
            The Innkeepers
            Kama Sutra: A Tale Of Love
            Kuffs
            MirrorMask
            Modern Problems
            Monty Python's Life Of Brian
            My Sassy Girl
            Night Watch [Nochnoy Dozor]
            Once Upon A Time Season 1-2
            Once Upon A Time In Mexico
            The Order (The Sin Eater)
            Orgazmo (Unrated)
            Orphan Black Season 1
            Psych Season 6
            Psych: The Musical
            Rat Race (2001)
            The Return (2006)
            The Ring (2002)
            Rules Of Engagement Season 7
            Sanctuary Season 4
            A Scanner Darkly
            Snow White: A Tale Of Terror
            Star Trek: Insurrection
            Sundown: The Vampire In Retreat
            Supernatural Season 1 & 6
            Teen Wolf Season 1
            Tiptoes
            Tremors 2: Aftershocks
            Tremors 3: Back To Perfection
            The Vampire Diaries Season 1-2
            Waking Life
            Weird Science
            What's Eating Gilbert Grape
            Wilfred Season 2-3
            Witches Of East End Season 1
            Wolf (1994)

Comment

A larger portion of titles from the last two posts should be available on Chromecast within the next few days.

We're still in the process of adding our entire catalog for Chromecast playback. If we're still missing some of your favorite titles next week, we will start taking requests to have them added as we go. We'll let everyone know when we're ready to do this again. Thanks!

Comment

Sounds like this is all a work in progress, but for what it's worth, I went through all my titles and found that the following are only streaming in SD on Chromecast:

Almost Famous
                The People Under the Stairs
                The Sound of Music Sing-Along Edition
                Darkman
                Speed Racer
                Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight
                Cloak & Dagger (1984)

Comment

I checked my library as well and noticed these are in SD only (Please Vudu, gimme some HDX )

The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-4
                  Every episode of The Sopranos
                  I can?t even watch a single episode of The Office (American TV show)
                  Boys Don?t Cry (1999)
                  Donnie Brasco
                  Philadelphia
                  Scent of a Woman
                  Insomnia
                  88 Minutes
                  Changing Lanes
                  Final Cut
                  Dennis the Menace (1993)
                  Panic Room
                  A Perfect Murder
                  Righteous Kill
                  Two for the Money
                  Vanilla Sky
                  House of Wax (2005)
                  Jingle All the Way
                  House of Cards Season 1
                  Deck the Halls (2006)
                  Black Christmas (2006)

Comment

There is a synchronization issue with subtitle and audio while using the Chromecast.

Have you guys looked into this?

Comment

Originally posted by abigailnhuy View Post
                      There is a synchronization issue with subtitle and audio while using the Chromecast.

Have you guys looked into this?
                      Could you send me a private message with your account email address? I may need to gather some additional information.

Comment

I see the cast icon in the upper right, which is there on every page I visit thru Chrome. I see the cast icon on the individual movie page. I see the cast icon in the bottom left part if a playing youtube video. I have the cast icon in the bottom toolbar of Google Music. I do not have the cast icon show up in the video overlay within VUDU, which according to the VUDU chromecast page, should be there in the lower right. I have the duration of the movie, the closed captioning box, volume controls, and enlarge screen. No cast icon. Which is why I'm wondering what titles the icon is showing up on in the video overlay.
                        I have the same problem. I have yet to ever see the cast icon on the Vudu player overlay. as the pictures show it should. Is no one going to answer this question? Why are some of us seeing it and some not?

Comment

Originally posted by cinemaphile View Post
                          I have the same problem. I have yet to ever see the cast icon on the Vudu player overlay. as the pictures show it should. Is no one going to answer this question? Why are some of us seeing it and some not?
                          I would be happy to help.

Are you able to cast from any mobile devices (if you have one available)?

Which version of google cast are you currently running?
                          -Should be Version: 14.305.0.0

Is Chrome up to date?
                          -Should be Version 33.0.1750.154 m

You're able to cast Youtube using the same browser?

Comment

I would be happy to help.

Are you able to cast from any mobile devices (if you have one available)?

Which version of google cast are you currently running?
                            -Should be Version: 14.305.0.0

Is Chrome up to date?
                            -Should be Version 33.0.1750.154 m

You're able to cast Youtube using the same browser?
                            I am having the same problem. I can cast youtube, anything else. Browser and cast plugin are up to date. I see the cast icon in the Overview tab of the movie before you hit play. When I go to watch the movie, there is no cast icon in the viewer to actually cast the movie. I have tried numerous movies...SD and HDX.

Another issue maybe you can explain...when I log into VUDU and click on the cast plugin to cast the tab, it states no devices found. This ONLY happens on VUDU's page where I am logged in.

Comment

I am having the same problem. No icon on the video overlay that actually casts the video.

Comment

Any updates as to when there will be new titles added with HDX support?

Comment

Working...
                                X