Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Target Ticket - new streaming service (will it be UV?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Target Ticket - new streaming service (will it be UV?)

Originally posted by tsken02 View Post
    Remember Netflix was a UV member, but pulled out. They didn't want to be in the business of showing your movies.
    No, I didn't know that. I also don't see how they could have backed out without refunding money to those who purchased movies while they were a retailer. Are you sure that they were a retailer?

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
      No, I didn't know that. I also don't see how they could have backed out without refunding money to those who purchased movies while they were a retailer. Are you sure that they were a retailer?
      All UV members are not UV retailers. See list of UV aka DECE members:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...tent_Ecosystem

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
        All UV members are not UV retailers. See list of UV aka DECE members:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...tent_Ecosystem
        1. M-Go
        2. CinemaNow
        3. RedBox Instant
        4. B&N Nook
        5. Kaleidescape
        6. Vudu
        7. Flixster
        8. Target Ticket

Those are the state side ones. There are about as many on foreign soil too, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
          1. M-Go
          2. CinemaNow
          3. RedBox Instant
          4. B&N Nook
          5. Kaleidescape
          6. Vudu
          7. Flixster
          8. Target Ticket

Those are the state side ones. There are about as many on foreign soil too, if I remember correctly.
          I assume we are talking about streaming services, so I will mention a few others: Amazon, Hulu, Blockbuster, Aereo, and even Android Market...and don't forget about iTunes.

Again, I assume you were listing streaming services and not UV members since your list included Redbox Instant, which is not a UV member.

Comment

I assume we are talking about streaming services, so I will mention a few others: Amazon, Hulu, Blockbuster, Aereo, and even Android Market...and don't forget about iTunes.

Again, I assume you were listing streaming services and not UV members since your list included Redbox Instant, which is not a UV member.
            Redbox did announce plans to join:
            http://www.redbox.com/release_20121025

Comment

Redbox Instant did announce support for DECE, and has plans to launch UV service soon, they just haven't yet.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                Redbox Instant did announce support for DECE, and has plans to launch UV service soon, they just haven't yet.
                It was "reported" that Redbox Instant was going to be a UV member, but according to their support team they don't have any plans for supporting UV at this time. That being said, I really don't think the two different people that responded to me had a clue what "UV" is. They seemed to think it was some sort of steaming device. I will be surprised if they join UV before the end of the year, but I do think they will join UV at some point.

Comment

1. M-Go
                  2. CinemaNow
                  3. RedBox Instant
                  4. B&N Nook
                  5. Kaleidescape
                  6. Vudu
                  7. Flixster
                  8. Target Ticket

Good question.

The list are the eight domestic iVoD vendors who will playback a UV digital locker collection. I had queried RBI Support and their response to me was they would, but I had to join their SVoD service and pay the monthly fee for them to do so. They would not do so FoC. I installed the RBI app onto my Roku, and it appears to do just as they indicated in my support inquiry, but I do not wish to have another bill to gain access to their SVoD content. It was not that impressive to me. I have Prime & NetFlix. Those two are more then enough.

With Vudu too, my wife and I had made the decision to drop our satellite service. We have plenty of content to watch without it. We lead busy lives and there was simply no reason to have a $100+ monthly bill for satellite when we had so much content with the three streaming providers for a fraction of the cost.

Amazon, Hulu, Blockbuster, iTunes, X-Box, PS-Network, all have streaming services, but will not play back a UV digital locker like the ones I listed.

Hope that answers your question.

Comment

Good question.

The list are the eight domestic iVoD vendors who will playback a UV digital locker collection. I had queried RBI Support and their response to me was they would, but I had to join their SVoD service and pay the monthly fee for them to do so. They would not do so FoC. I installed the RBI app onto my Roku, and it appears to do just as they indicated in my support inquiry, but I do not wish to have another bill to gain access to their SVoD content. It was not that impressive to me. I have Prime & NetFlix. Those two are more then enough.

With Vudu too, my wife and I had made the decision to drop our satellite service. We have plenty of content to watch without it. We lead busy lives and there was simply no reason to have a $100+ monthly bill for satellite when we had so much content with the three streaming providers for a fraction of the cost.

Amazon, Hulu, Blockbuster, iTunes, X-Box, PS-Network, all have streaming services, but will not play back a UV digital locker like the ones I listed.

Hope that answers your question.
                    Again, just to clarify...Redbox Instant is not a UV service provider at this time. They did say that they want to be, but there are no immediate plans or estimated dates that have been announced.

Comment

Again, just to clarify...Redbox Instant is not a UV service provider at this time. They did say that they want to be, but there are no immediate plans or estimated dates that have been announced.
                      you are right. Sorry for the confusion. I just validated that RBI does not have UV integration yet. I sent their support an inquiry to see when to expect it to be available.

Comment

you are right. Sorry for the confusion. I just validated that RBI does not have UV integration yet. I sent their support an inquiry to see when to expect it to be available.
                        I have asked twice. You will most likely get the same response...that they do not support that "device". They're not very bright!

Comment

I have asked twice. You will most likely get the same response...that they do not support that "device". They're not very bright!
                          yup. boiler plate ambiguous response which avoided answering the direct question.

Comment

Redbox Instant said in January that UV support would be available this summer. Hasn't been any updates on it since then I believe.

Source: http://www.homemediamagazine.com/red...t-summer-29293

Comment

Technically, there are still two weeks of summer left. Sept. 22 is the first day of fall.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuberl View Post
                                Redbox Instant said in January that UV support would be available this summer. Hasn't been any updates on it since then I believe.

Source: http://www.homemediamagazine.com/red...t-summer-29293
                                That was just an article and nothing official from the company. Did you see an actual press release where Redbox gave a date? I did see where they plan to join Ultravoilet, but I don't remember seeing any timeline for that.

Apparently we have to be careful quoting a news article like that, ESPECIALLY ON THIS FORUM! My husband was banned for mentioning that a Walmart spokesperson said that we could take VHS tapes into Walmart for their disc-to-digital program. It was mentioned in an article and he actually called the lady at Walmart corporate office who was named in the article to confirm. She said that we certainly could. However, the problem was that nobody told Vudu and they strongly disagreed with it. Even though my husband was simply trying to get to the bottom of this, they banned him from this forum.

So we can never believe anything we read unless it's in an official press release from the company.

Comment

Working...
                                X