Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu To Go Screen blank when Maximized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu To Go Screen blank when Maximized

Has anyone else notice that when trying to maximize the screen after downloading a movie on Vudu To Go, that the screen is blank when maximizing? The video returns when it's not maximized but goes blank again when maximizing. Is this a known issue?

Re: Vudu To Go Screen blank when Maximized

Yes, the sound still plays, but screen is black. I can resize the window but not play full screen. I'm using Windows 8. Adobe Air just updated to the current version and the problem still exists.

Comment

Which version of air are you two running? Have you updated it recently?

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
        Has anyone else notice that when trying to maximize the screen after downloading a movie on Vudu To Go, that the screen is blank when maximizing? The video returns when it's not maximized but goes blank again when maximizing. Is this a known issue?
        Hi Lujan,

Please let us know more detail about the issue.
        - OS version? (OS X 10.8/10.7, Windows 8/7/Xp 32/64-bit)
        - Adobe Air version ?
        - Video output? HDMI, DVI, built-in (laptop), VGA ...
        - Video Card
        - Movie title and quality (HDX, HD, SD ...)

Thanks,
        LLN
        PS: I couldn't reproduce with 1 of my set up so I would like to learn more about yours.

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post
          Hi Lujan,

Please let us know more detail about the issue.
          - OS version? (OS X 10.8/10.7, Windows 8/7/Xp 32/64-bit)
          - Adobe Air version ?
          - Video output? HDMI, DVI, built-in (laptop), VGA ...
          - Video Card
          - Movie title and quality (HDX, HD, SD ...)

Thanks,
          LLN
          PS: I couldn't reproduce with 1 of my set up so I would like to learn more about yours.
          After I stopped the movie, then closed VuduToGo and then re-opened and started the movie a second time, the maximize worked. Don't know why it didn't work the first time?

Comment

I have this issue as well and posted about it before.

When I posted before there seemed to be no solution for the videos with the problem. There have been a few adobe air updates since then and now (after a few minutes of random testing) it seems to only be a problem on the first playback. It doesn't seem to matter what title I try and play, if it is the first time launching the player after opening vudu to go, then fullscreen fails to show any video. Closing the player and re-starting the title fixes it. Other titles also work correctly until vudu to go is closed then re-opened.

Details in case it helps the VUDU team figure out why fullscreen fails on the first go:
            Air: 3.9.0.1030
            Output: HDMI

Some dxdiag info:
            Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 4450e Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
            Memory: 8192MB RAM
            Available OS Memory: 7926MB RAM

Card name: AMD 760G
            Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
            Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9616)
            DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
            Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9616&SUBSYS_83881043&REV_00
            Display Memory: 3064 MB
            Dedicated Memory: 252 MB
            Shared Memory: 2811 MB
            Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
            Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
            Monitor Model: E470-A0
            Monitor Id: VIZ0098
            Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
            Output Type: HDMI
            Driver Name: atiu9p64 aticfx64 atiu9pag aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
            Driver File Version: ()
            Driver Version: 8.710.0.0
            DDI Version: 10

Comment

Originally posted by kicken View Post
              I have this issue as well and posted about it before.

When I posted before there seemed to be no solution for the videos with the problem. There have been a few adobe air updates since then and now (after a few minutes of random testing) it seems to only be a problem on the first playback. It doesn't seem to matter what title I try and play, if it is the first time launching the player after opening vudu to go, then fullscreen fails to show any video. Closing the player and re-starting the title fixes it. Other titles also work correctly until vudu to go is closed then re-opened.

Details in case it helps the VUDU team figure out why fullscreen fails on the first go:
              Glad to know I'm not the only one with the problem. At least we have a work-around for now.

Comment

I am having the same trouble watching "The Returned" (tv) on vudutogo on Windows 7 with a 27" iMac. The suggested solutions; relaunch, reboot, relogin ALL failed!

My solution is to play Dexter or TruBlood first, then "The Returned" plays full screen ok. (until next time when problem repeats)(all of these are saved as "HD" files)(adobe and windows are up to date)

ziptone

Comment

Re: Vudu To Go Screen blank when Maximized - Mine TOO!

I too have been having this issue since I installed on my Windows 8 machine about 5 months ago. The windows maximize still plays but shows the windows bar all the way around the video. But if I use the player full screen option on the right of the play controls it won't play video, just audio. (every so often I get crackles in the audio as well).

I tested your work around, to play a movie, then play another and that works. But if I close out of Vudu player the first one I play no longer works.

I just did the Adobe Air update thinking it may be fixed but no luck.

Comment

I had the same problem about a year ago when I first joined Vudu. As I recall one of the updates fixed the problem, but I think it was the Silverlight program from Microsoft that was causing the blank screen. Suggestions include; verify the Silverlight plugin(extension?) is and up to date AND enabled in the browser. If that doesn't work we may need to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight.

ziptone

Comment

Same problem here. Closing player after first playing the movie, then reopening player and then full screen works as it should.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1
                      Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
                      Other OS Description Not Available
                      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
                      System Name HP-ENVY23
                      System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
                      System Model 23-d260qd
                      System Type x64-based PC
                      System SKU D6U53AV#ABA
                      Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
                      BIOS Version/Date AMI 8.14, 6/10/2013
                      SMBIOS Version 2.7
                      Embedded Controller Version 255.255
                      BIOS Mode UEFI
                      BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
                      BaseBoard Model Not Available
                      BaseBoard Name Base Board
                      Platform Role Desktop
                      Secure Boot State On
                      PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
                      Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
                      System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
                      Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
                      Locale United States
                      Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.16408"
                      User Name HP-Envy23\HP-ENVY23\Shawna
                      Time Zone Mountain Standard Time
                      Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
                      Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
                      Available Physical Memory 12.6 GB
                      Total Virtual Memory 16.3 GB
                      Available Virtual Memory 12.4 GB
                      Page File Space 400 MB
                      Page File C:\pagefile.sys
                      Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
                      Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
                      Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
                      Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Comment

I had the same problem.

But I fixed it by disabling Enforce Smooth Video Playback in the AMD Catalyst control center.

My FPS was improved and I no longer got the blackscreens when maximizing the video.
                        I'm running windows 7 and use an HD 7770 as my video card.

Comment

I just downloaded my first movie with Vudu to go , and experienced this issue. I cannot display a version number, but it is the most current version of Vudu to go available as of 1/29 and same with Adobe Air (both updated and system rebooted). Windows 8.1 (Windows 8 seems to be a culprit for most people), and an on board Intel Graphics chipset HD Graphics 3000. Hope it can be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond204 View Post
                            I just downloaded my first movie with Vudu to go , and experienced this issue. I cannot display a version number, but it is the most current version of Vudu to go available as of 1/29 and same with Adobe Air (both updated and system rebooted). Windows 8.1 (Windows 8 seems to be a culprit for most people), and an on board Intel Graphics chipset HD Graphics 3000. Hope it can be fixed.
                            I'm surprised this still hasn't been fixed as it was reported at least a year ago. When this happens if you stop the movie and then start it back up I believe it will work maximized? I think this is what I did the last time?

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                              I'm surprise this still hasn't been fixed as it was reported at least a year ago. When this happens if you stop the movie and then start it back up I believe it will work maximized? I think this is what I did the last time?
                              That fix does work for me but they really need to fix the root issue it is very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X