Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

D2D Beta. Will you miss the 50% off 10 when it ends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D2D Beta. Will you miss the 50% off 10 when it ends.

We are getting close to that time again when the 50% off deal is supposed to end. Last time it got extended last minute and we got a few months more to get our queues up to 10. I know I've done lots more movies than I planned to to take advantage of the sale. While I'm hopeful that the January 31st date ends the long, long Beta (yes, it's still in Beta. It's just in a public beta now. I know there tends to be confusion about that) I will still miss that nice 50% off bonus. I know others will probably disagree due to frustration with disc reading problems, but I think it was a great gesture on Vudu's part. Part of me hopes they have to extend it again

Re: D2D Beta. Will you miss the 50% off 10 when it ends.

To me, the 50% off was a HUGE incentive. I never would have done so many discs at $5 each (the bulk of my collection still consists of DVDs). But now that I have so many in the cloud, I'll be adding the individual discs I get as I acquire them, and I think that was exactly the plan with this incentive.

Comment

I've got to the point that all I have left pretty much is MGM and Disney stuff left. So I've milked the %50 for all I could. Great deal though, certainly helped my collection along.

Comment

It was a big incentive while I still had discs that can be converted. I still have enough eligible discs for a few rounds, but all but a few give errors of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by jond76 View Post
          I've got to the point that all I have left pretty much is MGM and Disney stuff left. So I've milked the %50 for all I could. Great deal though, certainly helped my collection along.
          + - I'm only doing the onesies and twosies at this point whenever one becomes available for D2D so I don't care if the 50% off sale goes away.

Comment

I would love for it to stick around. It is the sort of thing that sets Vudu above the competition and creates brand loyalty...besides, I'm still holding out hope that the 200 or so titles I still have on my selves become D2D eligible someday

Comment

New to Vundu (and Ultraviolet) and I started converting some titles. Problem is that I only have a DVD player and not a Blu-ray player on my computer.

Question, does anyone know if Walmart honors that 50% off of 10 conversions if I bring it in myself or would they stick to the standard costs. I had no idea the 50% off was a limited time thing... thought it was just a normal price cut until this thread and now I want to make sure I convert at least all of my Blu-ray's (which is only 20 or so)...I have about 150 DVDs though which I can do at home.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWolf View Post
                New to Vundu (and Ultraviolet) and I started converting some titles. Problem is that I only have a DVD player and not a Blu-ray player on my computer.

Question, does anyone know if Walmart honors that 50% off of 10 conversions if I bring it in myself or would they stick to the standard costs. I had no idea the 50% off was a limited time thing... thought it was just a normal price cut until this thread and now I want to make sure I convert at least all of my Blu-ray's (which is only 20 or so)...I have about 150 DVDs though which I can do at home.

Thanks!
                The discount only applies to in-home disc-to-digital conversions only.

Comment

Is the 50% off deal set to end after 31 January? I didn't realize that this was just a special promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by steveh11284 View Post
                    Is the 50% off deal set to end after 31 January? I didn't realize that this was just a special promotion.
                    Right at the bottom of http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html.

Comment

Meh.

I converted most of my stuff back when the in-home d2d beta started. There was no 50% off at that time, but I guess I technically did get 50% off since Vudu gave everyone a 50% credit on everything they converted during the beta.

Like a lot of others, I'm only doing the "onesies and twosies" as they become available. Unless MGM and Disney get in the game, I'm not left with a whole lot to convert.

Comment

I think it should still around, if for no other reason than, the whole thing is still beta.

I've converted the majority of collection at this point.

However, there is still a large percent of my disc and I'm sure many others (as it's been a while since I checked the forum) of people STILL having problems with titles that go way, way, back and should have been fixed.

You can't roll out something that still has noticeable problems, not call it beta, and expect people to pay full price.

Comment

I will absolutely miss it when it's gone.

Comment

It's tough, but I'm keeping the 10-11 movies currently in my cart until the end of the month, so I can still get the discount in case I find another movie or two.

Did anyone notice when the current extension to 1/31 was posted? I'm wondering if maybe I will see the date change a few days early, or if they'll wait until 2/1 to change it. (In the latter case, I'll have to make the transaction before the time is up, in case it's not extended.)

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                              It's tough, but I'm keeping the 10-11 movies currently in my cart until the end of the month, so I can still get the discount in case I find another movie or two.

Did anyone notice when the current extension to 1/31 was posted? I'm wondering if maybe I will see the date change a few days early, or if they'll wait until 2/1 to change it. (In the latter case, I'll have to make the transaction before the time is up, in case it's not extended.)
                              I believe it was about a week before the previous end date.

Comment

Working...
                              X