Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Walmart not doing In-Store Disc to Digital??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart not doing In-Store Disc to Digital??

So far, I have always used the Vudu At-Home Disc to Digital program to convert Blu-ray movies to Vudu. But, I have had a number of Blu-rays piling up that says:

"Thank you!
    We are in the process of manually verifying your disc. We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete.

For instant conversion you may take this disc to your nearest Walmart store."

So, for the first time ever in 1.5 to 2 yrs, I picked out a dozen Blu-rays that I get this message on, spend the 30 minutes round trip, driving to my only local Walmart in town (Hays, KS), and head back to the electronic section where I am told the system is down and Walmart won't let them convert right now. The person I talked to acted like they had no idea if and when the system would be up.

I guess I didn't know that I needed to call ahead to see if the system is up or not. So, is this temporary, permanent, or what? Needless to say, my first experience at Walmart converting Blu-rays to Vudu was rather irritating and disappointing, especially since that was only reason I went to Walmart today.

Re: Walmart not doing In-Store Disc to Digital??

Maybe the system isn't working there, or maybe they're giving you BS.

I did a conversion at my store on Wednesday and was relatively painless. Although the lady at the counter doesn't really understand what the service is or very familiar with how to process the transaction, she at least was able to follow the instructions in her folder. The only real hiccup we had was that my VuduToGo cart was merged into the in store cart, which I didn't expect to happen. Since I didn't have enough for the 50% discount this wasn't a big deal.

Comment

Thanks for the info! So, I called my local Walmart and asked to speak to the Manager. He was vaguely familiar with the service but did go and check with the Photo Department, which I guess is where the process occurs, and was told that it has never worked very well from day one (for 1 to 2 years?) by the individual that is supposed to be in charge of it. The Manager stated that this was first time he was aware of this problem and thanked me several times for letting him know.

So, we will see, but the Manager seemed to be very helpful, and was going submit a repair ticket and see that it is resolved. He told me to check back middle of next week, so maybe I will wait until next weekend and try again.

The Blu-ray movies that I was getting this message on were:

Slither
      The Exorcist Extended Director's Cut
      Chariots of Fire
      Prince of Darkness
      The Smurfs
      The Killing Fields
      Jurassic Park 1, 2, & 3
      Cellular
      The Ring

I have more but these were the ones I was trying to get converted today.

Comment

Your store's cellular department might also be able process your order. Of course if it's not working at the photo then it probably won't work there either, but you can always try.

half the battle is finding someone that knows how to do it, or at least able to find the instructions and follow them :-)

Comment

And why has it never worked from day one? Because they don't have a clue how it works! Once they find the instructions, read them, and actually do one or two they will see that it is very easy. We had problems at all four Walmart stores around us a couple of years back, until finally one girl at one store figured it out and I would wait until she was working and go to her. Now the Walmart closest to us has figured it out and they are actually faster than the other girl now.

I can say that the software and the process of doing in-store disc-to-digital does work, and it works well. The problem is lack of training and some of the Walmart employees actually get intimidated by the whole thing until they actually walk through the process the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
            I can say that the software and the process of doing in-store disc-to-digital does work, and it works well. The problem is lack of training and some of the Walmart employees actually get intimidated by the whole thing until they actually walk through the process the first time.
            +1. I tried to convert several discs yesterday at a store where I've done it before; several folks tried but they didn't have the login, and they gave me a $10 GC for my trouble. I went back today and the person who was trained on it (IIRC she did it for me once before) was there; she tried but got the same error as the OP. (She did teach some of the folks from yesterday, however.) I'm sure today was a temporary issue; the bigger long-term problem is training.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
              +1. I tried to convert several discs yesterday at a store where I've done it before; several folks tried but they didn't have the login, and they gave me a $10 GC for my trouble. I went back today and the person who was trained on it (IIRC she did it for me once before) was there; she tried but got the same error as the OP. (She did teach some of the folks from yesterday, however.) I'm sure today was a temporary issue; the bigger long-term problem is training.
              I normally like to wait until I have a few to convert before I go to Walmart, but I will take one that VUDU To Go will not convert tomorrow or Monday to see if it is still working here. I just converted a few about a week ago.

Comment

Walmart in-store D2D is a disaster. There is usually one or two people per store that know how to do it. If that one or two people aren't there, you're out of luck.

I've had Walmart employees tell me, "We don't offer that service in this particular store", "only Walmart Supercenters offer that", "We don't do that here in the photo dept, you're in the wrong area", "We have to send out your discs for conversion and it can take a few weeks."

(by the way, none of these statements are actually true, yet I've actually been told all of these things)

I actually know the D2D process myself. An uninformed but ambitious Walmart photo employee once decided to read to D2D 'how to' manual with me so that she would know how to do it in the future. So now I know the process. If I run into an employee that doesn't know how, I always tell them that I can walk them through it step-by-step so long as they know their username and password. The kicker is, they rarely ever do

Comment

I finally got my batch converted yesterday; one of the employees figured out how to get around the error message. Still, there's not enough people properly trained in the stores for it to work consistently; I use only one store (not the one I most frequently visit) because I've never been successful with it anywhere else. (In the middle of this, I asked the photo-lab employee at another store if she'd ever done D2D; she just said "no".)

Comment

Looks like I am now on the list of people who in store d2d is not an option anymore. I have 3 Walmart's in my area (though one is kind of far). There was an employee at the closest store who knew me by name and would just take my list and do it no problems. Sometime he didn't even bother looking at my discs. He seems to be gone now. I'm not sure if they moved him or if he moved on. He was a nice guy so I at least hope he moved on to something better. No one else there seems to know what to do and are unwilling to try.

The other 2 Walmarts are a different story. I can occasionally find someone who knows the system (It's been a while though so they may be gone now too) but last couple times I tried they couldn't get the system to work. At this point I am pretty much at the mercy of the d2d systems. Luckily I only have about 15 titles that have issues in Vudu that aren't available elsewhere.

Comment

Why not have the Walmart employee call Vudu's customer service line while you're there? It can't be that hard to have them walk through it with a Vudu employee. No way would I drive there and walk through that damn store and have them tell me they don't know how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmikael View Post
                        Why not have the Walmart employee call Vudu's customer service line while you're there? It can't be that hard to have them walk through it with a Vudu employee. No way would I drive there and walk through that damn store and have them tell me they don't know how it works.

I've tried. They always say it's not their department and then call on an intercom for someone who never shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by awarlock View Post
                          Thanks for the info! So, I called my local Walmart and asked to speak to the Manager. He was vaguely familiar with the service but did go and check with the Photo Department, which I guess is where the process occurs, and was told that it has never worked very well from day one (for 1 to 2 years?) by the individual that is supposed to be in charge of it. The Manager stated that this was first time he was aware of this problem and thanked me several times for letting him know.

So, we will see, but the Manager seemed to be very helpful, and was going submit a repair ticket and see that it is resolved. He told me to check back middle of next week, so maybe I will wait until next weekend and try again.

The Blu-ray movies that I was getting this message on were:

Slither
                          The Exorcist Extended Director's Cut
                          Chariots of Fire
                          Prince of Darkness
                          The Smurfs
                          The Killing Fields
                          Jurassic Park 1, 2, & 3
                          Cellular
                          The Ring

I have more but these were the ones I was trying to get converted today.
                          Interesting that you have Slither on Blu-Ray! It hasn't been released in America on Blu. Is your copy the Canadian release?

Comment

I went to the store today to convert some that were not working with the At Home program. Took them an hour to figure it out. They couldn't find the manual, and eventually a young guy with a pony-tail showed them the way.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                              I've tried. They always say it's not their department and then call on an intercom for someone who never shows up.
                              I'm the worst nightmare for bad customer service. I don't go away.

Comment

Working...
                              X