Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Walmart not doing In-Store Disc to Digital??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walmart not doing In-Store Disc to Digital??

Originally posted by Capt-Cupcake View Post
    I'm in My local Walmart now. They got the password reset, but now they too are getting the 'timing out' error that others have reported.
    I spent an hour yesterday at the photo department where I always take my videos for conversion and I watched Nancy try several times. We got the processing timing out error every time. I then took them to another Walmart where they do the conversion at the electronics department and it worked right away. Maybe you should try the electronics department if they know how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
      I spent an hour yesterday at the photo department where I always take my videos for conversion and I watched Nancy try several times. We got the processing timing out error every time. I then took them to another Walmart where they do the conversion at the electronics department and it worked right away. Maybe you should try the electronics department if they know how to do it?
      Actually, we tried it both photo and electronics. It timed out on both. I was told that yesterday morning an IT guy was there to fix the system. They are going to call him back tomorrow morning to let him know it's still not working. The woman who knows the IT guys's name and number was off today. They texted her and she said she'd deal with it Wed morning.

It's inconvenient, but I can't complain too much. When most Walmart employees in my error have no idea what Vudu is, these two have helped me with no problem time and time again. I can't fault them a (very rare) system issue.

Comment

Similar to Amazon's Disc+ On Demand service, Wal-Mart (and walmart.com) is now offering the Instawatch program. Buy an Blu-ray or DVD (with Instawatch) from them, and get the digital copy for free.

http://www.vudu.com/instawatch/

I am assuming this is just a (free) extension of the same titles that are/will be available for Disc to Digital conversions, and therefore are UV compatible. We'll see.

There's another thread about this here.

Comment

Here's the deal: Walmart just switched over to a brand new system powered by Fuji. The old system was powered by HP. The new system has made it so that most (if not all) Walmart stores across the country CAN NOT connect to Vudu. This is why the system keeps timing out. For the time being, in store Disc to Digital is effectively dead until the Walmart IT team can figure out how to make these brand new Fuji systems connect to Vudu. Walmart is very aware of the problem, is working to fix it, but has no ETA for when D2D will be back up and running.

This info comes to me from an employee at the Norristown Walmart Supercenter in Trooper, PA. This info was verified by a very reputable and respectable Walmart employee at the nearby King of Prussia, PA store. We've all heard horror stories about Walmart employees who don't know anything about Vudu or how D2D works. I can verify from much experience that the King of Prussia employee is not one of these. She is very good, and I trust her.

So I guess we're all waiting on Walmart's IT team now.....

Comment

I just did a D2D at Walmart yesterday so apparently not all Walmart's are affected.

Comment

After 7 to 8 trips to WalMart specifically for D2D conversions, with only 5 being successful and all being significantly soul-crushing, I have sworn to never set foot in that store again. It's just not worth it to me.

I am happy using the D2D@Home program via the VUDU app (in batches of 10 or more for the 50% promo which keeps going, and going, and going.) It's worked well enough for me.

And now if there's a good enough deal I will consider buying a disc from Walmart, if it also is InstaWatch capable.

I do hope they sort out their problems though, if only for the benefit of other users. I'm also happy that in the earliest days, I convinced the clerk at the photo section to accept a few VHS titles for my "D2D" conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fofer View Post
                I am assuming this is just a (free) extension of the same titles that are/will be available for Disc to Digital conversions, and therefore are UV compatible. We'll see.[/URL]
                Scratch that, I see that's not entirely the case. Current list of InstaWatch titles is here: http://www.walmart.com/browse/movies...228693_1228694

The Lego Movie is listed: http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Lego-M...creen/34930775

...which is InstaWatch eligible, but does NOT appear on VUDU's "Disc to Digital" search page. So this InstaWatch program has different eligibilities, and it makes me wonder about the future of that particular program...

The next question then is, if one were to buy The Lego Movie from WalMart, add it to their VUDU library by way of InstaWatch, is it also UltraViolet compatible (i.e.: can I access it on Flixster and/or CinemaNow?) I'd hope so, since the title's page on VUDU says it is: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!overvie...The-LEGO-Movie

Then again, perhaps Walmart is treating InstaWatch titles different than actual VUDU purchases, and not giving them full UV compatibility.

Lastly, how does InstaWatch integrate, if at all, or compare with titles that already include Digital Copy? Like The Lego Movie?

I'm thinking they're just separate (and sometimes overlapping) initiatives. InstaWatch is available within 24 hours (while the disc is still shipping to you) and with Digital Copy, you need to wait to receive the disc and code to redeem it. On the other hand, we do know that Digital Copies are UV compatible!

I think InstaWatch really makes the most sense for titles that you want to buy anyway that do not otherwise come with a Digital Copy. I'm seeing a few of those on the list.

On the other hand, even though Indiana Jones is included on the list, when you click it, there's no mention of InstaWatch on there: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Indiana-Jo...screen/9720840

...so one wonders if it's really not supported after all, and also, how many other titles on that list really aren't actually eligible either...

Gosh, all of this seems really complicated and I'm not eager to try and explain it to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                  I just did a D2D at Walmart yesterday so apparently not all Walmart's are affected.
                  I'm glad to hear that not all were effected, but it does seem that most were. Finding a store that is unaffected could prove difficult.

May I ask the city and state of the store that yours worked in?

I really hope that Walmart straighten this out really soon. I started a conversion on Friday 10/10 and it was never completed. It's still in limbo awaiting this problem to be sorted out.

I wonder if the store that is NOT having a problem could process the barcode on their end and give the barcode number to me to be rung up in a different store.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt-Cupcake View Post
                    I'm glad to hear that not all were effected, but it does seem that most were. Finding a store that is unaffected could prove difficult.

May I ask the city and state of the store that yours worked in?

I really hope that Walmart straighten this out really soon. I started a conversion on Friday 10/10 and it was never completed. It's still in limbo awaiting this problem to be sorted out.

I wonder if the store that is NOT having a problem could process the barcode on their end and give the barcode number to me to be rung up in a different store.
                    Albuquerque, NM Eubank location.

Comment

I went to the Walmart site and posted customer feedback about my D2D experience. If you're frustrated, it can't hurt to let them know.

Here's the link:
                      https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

Comment

ok I have been to 4 different Wal-Mart's in my area (Hillsborough Durham NC), and have been told that they don't do it in store that I have to send them off and it will take 30 days!

Comment

Originally posted by mslydiat View Post
                          ok I have been to 4 different Wal-Mart's in my area (Hillsborough Durham NC), and have been told that they don't do it in store that I have to send them off and it will take 30 days!
                          This is FLAT OUT FALSE.

Call 1-800-Walmart, and let them know. They will have the employees trained. I have been told this by Walmart employees in the past, too. It's never been true.

Comment

Hey, DanielH, are you reading this? Do you have any updates on the new Fuji upgrade/'timing out' issue that the bulk of the stores are experiencing? Is there an ETA as to when the problem is expected to be solved or any news?

Comment

Originally posted by mslydiat View Post
                              I was told that at one Walmart, too. But with some digging I realized that the employee thought I was talking about photo conversions of some kind.

I really think that if you start talking to a photo center employee about "disc to digital" their minds immediately go to a different service, like photos on DVD. I'd just say "I want to convert these movies to Vudu." And, if the employee says they don't know how to do that I'll just say with great confidence that it's easy and I'll step them through it, having watched it being done pretty closely a few times. It works.

Comment

My local Walmart is still offline (non stop timing out) so I tried a different location- this one told me 'that program was discontinued three weeks ago" among other non truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X