Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Walmart not doing In-Store Disc to Digital??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walmart not doing In-Store Disc to Digital??

Originally posted by Capt-Cupcake View Post
    My local Walmart is still offline (non stop timing out) so I tried a different location- this one told me 'that program was discontinued three weeks ago" among other non truth.

After insisting that the program most certainly had NOT been discontinued, an employee in the wireless phone dept was able to execute it with no problems.

Comment

I had to go to three different employees today, in order to get proper assistance. I was told a few incorrect things (discontinued, you have to do this at home, etc.) and I told them we'd get Walmart training on the phone for them.

Suddenly they found a guy who knew how to do it. I kind of felt bad for being an ***, but I'm not driving down there for games.

Comment

I went to the white plains, ny store a few weekends ago. Seven people, including a manager, all said they stopped doing it since the photo department was closed. I gave up.

Comment

had to speak to many people to find out where the store did disc to digital. most didn't even know what is was.

turns out the wireless center does the disc to digital

but i say f them since they want to stamp the disc, hell no i keep my discs looking like new i am not letting anyone stamp them for any reason.

Comment

Out of the 4-5 times I went to Wal-Mart to handle this, only once did the stamp the disks, and the ink stamp was so wet and rather lazily applied, I was able to wipe it off on my jeans. No trace was left on the disks...

They never attempted to stamp disks, any other time I visited.

It was a miserable experience regardless, with wait time and idiot employees making it painful. Now that D2D@Home has been working well for me, I have vowed to never return to a Walmart Store for this transaction, ever again. It's just not worth it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
              I finally got my batch converted yesterday; one of the employees figured out how to get around the error message. Still, there's not enough people properly trained in the stores for it to work consistently; I use only one store (not the one I most frequently visit) because I've never been successful with it anywhere else. (In the middle of this, I asked the photo-lab employee at another store if she'd ever done D2D; she just said "no".)
              you're lucky.
              so i have 66 movies on myvudu now, using redeem or if fail, then disc to digital D2D. (all in 1 week time (yes, im retired, and going on a very long vacation.... )
              over 10 failed. ($1 each cost me top D2D, not bad...)
              each D2D fail said the same , thing go to Walmart, but not where inside walmart,
              our walmart has a TV/CELL/DVD/BD counter all in one and photo counter separate.
              tossed coin lands on TV. Bingo... or not....

so its 10am , store is empty, Monday 5 employees, in this 1 dept.
              standing and shooting the breeze, (hey, store is empty, no gripes.)
              I ask them all together," I want to put all these, blu-ray/and DVD on VUDU, "
              (hummmm hope they didnt think i stole them.. kinda scary that, but heck with that...

not one knows what i was talking about nor that Walmart owns VUDU.
              nor what D2D is, nor that they need to know how to do this....

i live 1mile away, it's not big deal,. buy fishing gear there constantly... and DVDs

Ill try the photo dept , later, soon. and report.

ok next day found a young man, same place,
              he knows, VUDU and said, sir that is in the photo department (10 feet away,,,, )

no body there today. 12noon, so had to find a store manager, and the nice person , was stocking in yardage.
              while waiting someone came by and tried to sell me a walmart credit card, , I said no thanks, just need help in photo.
              she walked off..... (asking other like crazy same question,) I'm a 100% cash guy. now...

finally the photo lady came, and showed me the terminal in the back. center of photo , center...
              it fails, when i use my phone, oddly, as its correct in the wm database.
              so used only my Walmart email no phone and (login email for walmart and VUDU are same)
              BINGO.
              all 5 movies failed, (titles in RED mean, fails to support it) so that means the if D2D fails, dont bother going to walmart like it ask you to do.....
              my list.
              1 San Andreas (3 day old from here)_
              2 OBlivion
              3 Sky fall
              4 Thor the dark world (wife loves this)
              5 Survivor, like 3 weeks old, but is 2014 movie. Mila Jonovich,et.al.

hope this helps others, i have scads of free time to sort all this...
              The key is to be patient and soon movies will show up. and do that at home with D2D.
              http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html

PS the steps
              have your debit and credit card or cash in pocket, $2 charge each.
              movies in a bag.
              go to photo department,
              if empty ask for some one to staff it up.
              tell them Please, you need to add a movie to VUDU.
              they login to VUDU. not you.
              they must type in the title, bar code scans are not here.
              Red words, NO JOY ! next movie?
              now pay.

VUDU ?, who do?, you do....! LOL

if you do 10 or more DVD or Bluray at home the charge is $1 each. 10 for 10. 11 for 11.
              and so on.
              not a bad deal to have media on tap while on vacation, where no one speaks English....
              Last edited by ichabod; 11-19-2015, 12:24 PM. Reason: update, solution.

Comment

Originally posted by ichabod View Post
                all 5 movies failed, (titles in RED mean, fails to support it) so that means the if D2D fails, dont bother going to walmart like it ask you to do.....
                my list.
                1 San Andreas (3 day old from here)_
                2 OBlivion
                3 Sky fall
                4 Thor the dark world (wife loves this)
                5 Survivor, like 3 weeks old, but is 2014 movie. Mila Jonovich,et.al.
                FYI - none of these movies are D2D eligible. They won't work at home or in store.

Check out the list in this post for eligible titles:

Originally posted by FattyMoBookyButt View Post
                I'm made a few documents to help track D2D releases and redemptions:

Disc-to-Digital DB:
                I'll try to update this every couple of days. But the list "should" have all the current movies available for D2D. The Latest Updates tab will show the latest 100 or so updates I find. Right now, I've only found two new movies from over the last couple days of checking, this will fill out as I provide updates. (It's a big list, so even the mighty google might take a few seconds to deliver it.)

Comment

If you are going to do in store Disc to Digital, you should first go to the site below and add your titles to the list. Then print the list and take it to the photo counter. That way you know they are eligible, and they will pop up in your account when they login to your account. It makes the whole process a lot quicker. They don't have to look for the titles. And they will have your account information too. Just tell them to login with your e-mail only. If they type e-mail and phone it won't find your account, unless they fixed that bug.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                    If you are going to do in store Disc to Digital, you should first go to the site below and add your titles to the list. Then print the list and take it to the photo counter. That way you know they are eligible, and they will pop up in your account when they login to your account. It makes the whole process a lot quicker. They don't have to look for the titles. And they will have your account information too. Just tell them to login with your e-mail only. If they type e-mail and phone it won't find your account, unless they fixed that bug.

A correction to Echopulse's post. The page you want to go to in order to create your list is actually this one here...
                    http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html

Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnatevil View Post
                      A correction to Echopulse's post. The page you want to go to in order to create your list is actually this one here...

Good luck...

THANKS, ill make a list.
                      have many id like to get working.

many on that list don't take.
                      that is , like San Andreas.
                      amazing, that.
                      and das boot, directors cut ,dvd. its there, added it but when i scan the disk, with D2d it prints unable to ID disc.
                      we'ill get back to you.
                      i tried both sides, A and B, wide and narrow screen versions
                      ah side B works... , ok that is new trick.... well do that on all 2 sided disk, (have only a few)

hope that helps others.

Comment

Good luck...
                        Um, what are you talking about? San Andreas is not on the list. At all. Did you follow the link? Not all movies are eligible.

Comment

THANKS, ill make a list.
                          have many id like to get working.

amazing, that.
                          and das boot, directors cut ,dvd. its there, added it but when i scan the disk, with D2d it prints unable to ID disc.
                          we'ill get back to you.
                          i tried both sides, A and B, wide and narrow screen versions
                          ah side B works... , ok that is new trick.... well do that on all 2 sided disk, (have only a few)

hope that helps others.
                          A lot of the new release movies will not be recognized by D2D. Also, they are not eligible for D2D until later.

The 2 sided flipper disks don't always work. Try both sides and if it does work on one, then you're lucky. If not, add the the list and take to Wal-Mart.

Comment

A lot of the new release movies will not be recognized by D2D. Also, they are not eligible for D2D until later.

The 2 sided flipper disks don't always work. Try both sides and if it does work on one, then you're lucky. If not, add the the list and take to Wal-Mart.

thanks,
                            my guess?
                            is that when we D2D (i believe driving to walmart is waste of time if D2D fails, right? it uses the same list , right?)
                            it's not on the list. so we all can look first. now...
                            way not add a link in the D2D program to that list. (upgrade time?)

My 2nd guess, is , that if many folks, all run D2D , like i just did and San Andreas disk is in the DVD DRIVE, tray.
                            then VUDU sees that?, and if lots of folks do that , the vudu, tries harder to get in on that list.
                            many normal folks would love to know the process. for new disks.
                            is it random the adding of movies? to the list. (i do know its negotiated with the producers)
                            or is there a plot ? LOL

just curious....
                            thanks for all, love VUDU I do.

cheers !

Comment

thanks,
                              my guess?
                              is that when we D2D (i believe driving to walmart is waste of time if D2D fails, right? it uses the same list , right?)
                              it's not on the list. so we all can look first. now...
                              way not add a link in the D2D program to that list. (upgrade time?)
                              Depends on the reason for failure. At home D2D relies on the program reading the disk and it doesn't read recent releases. At Walmart Discs are not read by a program, they are manually verified by a Walmart employee. It still has to be on the eligible list though.
                              My 2nd guess, is , that if many folks, all run D2D , like i just did and San Andreas disk is in the DVD DRIVE, tray.
                              then VUDU sees that?, and if lots of folks do that , the vudu, tries harder to get in on that list.
                              If the program can't read the disk, I doubt Vudu knows what disc you were trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                                Depends on the reason for failure. At home D2D relies on the program reading the disk and it doesn't read recent releases. At Walmart Discs are not read by a program, they are manually verified by a Walmart employee. It still has to be on the eligible list though.

If the program can't read the disk , I doubt Vudu knows what disc you were trying.
                                LOL

sorry, for such poor questions.
                                I'm a retired tech, so am aware of all that, my questions are pure software only
                                hardware is easy, and known, the disc not reading is obvious.... (scratches are real)

my question better stated is :
                                yes, the D2d MUST read the disk, and if it can find the title name correctly , (yes weak ground there)

does it use the same data base look-up as the store software does?( more unknowns)
                                the store does this with no disc reads at all , only typed in titles. there (and clerk sees disc is real with eyes only)
                                so in a perfect world, if D2D gets the scanned name right, and the store does the same, my take on this
                                is both fail, if the title is not supported.
                                and the store software, by the way sees then titles on all mine that fail but , are colored red.
                                the red means good name but not supported yet.

the D2D program , does it use the database live, to match your titles on line to the DVD title files>/?
                                say it sees "san andreas" then looks in the Database and sees it but is unchecked for support.
                                if that is the case then driving to the store, is a waste of time. as stated above
                                but if the disc reads wrong, why not have D2D print the the screed,"Disc read error , check for scratches".
                                BTW i own and electric DVD polishing machine, so.... not helpless.(at this point, well not yet)

my other question is, does the D2D program , increase popularly hit points. ? at Vudu , and more rapid support?'
                                thanks for all your answers they are most helpful !!!

signed VUDU for life, now if i can only fix CC problems, the next topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X