Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In store disc to digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In store disc to digital

Local photo dept. Says error is

URL filter has been blocked by the URL filter database module of MCAFEE and is in a category not allowed by your administrator at this time.

Comment

I tried 2 Denver metro Walmarts and both timed out while processing the movies.

Store #1
      200 W 136th Ave
      Westminster, CO 80234

Store #2
      Quebec Square At Stapleton
      7800 Smith Rd
      Denver, CO 80207

Comment

Originally posted by Vudu?_Oui View Post
        I tried 2 Denver metro Walmarts and both timed out while processing the movies.
        At one point a year ago, there was a fairly knowledgeable manager in the Photo Processing department that knew all about it, in South Denver at the Highlands Ranch Walmart off South Quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff*H View Post
          At one point a year ago, there was a fairly knowledgeable manager in the Photo Processing department that knew all about it, in South Denver at the Highlands Ranch Walmart off South Quebec.
          I asked the manager at store #1 when he last remember doing the D2D for a customer that worked and he said roughly a year ago. Since the timed out issue occurs at 2 different sites, it's looking like some network issue between Walmart and Vudu. The people who helped me are able to log into the Vudu system and I do see the list of movies waiting to be converted, so they are familiar with the D2D process.

Comment

Originally posted by Vudu?_Oui View Post
            I asked the manager at store #1 when he last remember doing the D2D for a customer that worked and he said roughly a year ago. Since the timed out issue occurs at 2 different sites, it's looking like some network issue between Walmart and Vudu. The people who helped me are able to log into the Vudu system and I do see the list of movies waiting to be converted, so they are familiar with the D2D process.
            That's the exact same issue King of Prussia and Norristown PA have been having since September

Comment

Any updates to this issue?!?!

Comment

Went to 3 different Wal Marts in the general Austin area. All 3 gave me the same problem with disc to digital. It errors out when trying to finalize the transaction.

Wal Mart
                13201 Ranch Road 620 N
                Austin, TX
                (512) 331-9924

Wal Mart
                12900 No. I-35 Svc Rd Sb
                Austin, TX 78753

Wal Mart
                201 Walton Way
                Cedar Park, TX 78613

Comment

With in home disc to digital, you can get a 50% discount. Why are people still wanting to go to WalMart to do this? I'm looking into buying a Blu ray burner to do some more!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                    With in home disc to digital, you can get a 50% discount. Why are people still wanting to go to WalMart to do this? I'm looking into buying a Blu ray burner to do some more!
                    Because some (many??) titles don't work from home, and/or some times the versions that are delivered from doing the conversion in home aren't correct while the ones that are done via the in-store apps are known to be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseCRX View Post
                      Went to 3 different Wal Marts in the general Austin area. All 3 gave me the same problem with disc to digital. It errors out when trying to finalize the transaction.

Wal Mart
                      13201 Ranch Road 620 N
                      Austin, TX
                      (512) 331-9924

Wal Mart
                      12900 No. I-35 Svc Rd Sb
                      Austin, TX 78753

Wal Mart
                      201 Walton Way
                      Cedar Park, TX 78613
                      I have gone to three local (Triad NC) Walmarts in the last two weeks. At two of the locations, I had the same issue that you described. The titles were all ready to be added but the system timed out after numerous attempts by staff at both Walmarts. My last attempt at a third Walmart location was ridiculous. No one knew how to use the system (not even the first step).....the guy disappeared for 20 minutes supposedly looking for someone......then 15 minutes on the phone calling another Walmart......more wait time......and he finally says to me "Uh....I'm really sorry but we forgot how to use the system and we lost the manual". The first two Walmarts weren't exactly experts or anything and it took time for them to get up to speed, but they made the effort (it took 2 or 3 people each time). If there is a nationwide issue with the system, why wouldn't whoever's in charge of this program not communicate the issue to the stores AND have the issue resolved?

The stores I went to are:

Store #2472
                      Store #3626
                      Store #2793

Has anyone had any luck with the in-store process recently?

The 3 discs were all blu rays that are eligible for the disc-to-conversion process but were not identified using the in-home software. The software used in the store was, as I understand it, created and supported by a different entity from the Vudu home-use software. If the Vudu forum moderators could provide some guidance on who we should contact - I'm sure we'd be glad to. I have contacted Vudu, Walmart......still no resolution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Today was interesting. I went back to the Walmart in Freehold NJ. The first person at the photo counter tried to tell me the disc was copyrighted, and therefore he could not do what I was asking. I then explained the whole Vudu, Disc-to-Digital, etc. and he offered to call the manager. After waiting 15 minutes for a manager to appear, the manager informed that Walmart no longer does in-store disc-to-digital, that I'd have to use the at-home service.

REALLY?????? SOMEBODY needs to get with the program. Maybe it's me, but if this service is not longer offered at Walmart, can you please update the websites?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JayJB View Post
                          Today was interesting. I went back to the Walmart in Freehold NJ. The first person at the photo counter tried to tell me the disc was copyrighted, and therefore he could not do what I was asking. I then explained the whole Vudu, Disc-to-Digital, etc. and he offered to call the manager. After waiting 15 minutes for a manager to appear, the manager informed that Walmart no longer does in-store disc-to-digital, that I'd have to use the at-home service.

REALLY?????? SOMEBODY needs to get with the program. Maybe it's me, but if this service is not longer offered at Walmart, can you please update the websites?

Thanks
                          They still do in store. I did one a few days ago. You need to call 1-800-walmart and have the district manager call you. That's what I did and my store was working in 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by ttall View Post
                            They still do in store. I did one a few days ago. You need to call 1-800-walmart and have the district manager call you. That's what I did and my store was working in 4 days.
                            Thanks for the info - much appreciated. I'm going to do that later this week. I'll post an update of the outcome (wish me luck!).

Comment

Originally posted by Gnatevil View Post
                              Store #0376
                              Bossier City Walmart Supercenter
                              2536 Airline Dr
                              Bossier City, LA 71111

Store # 3868
                              Shreveport Walmart Supercenter
                              1125 Shreveport Barksdale Hwy
                              Shreveport, LA 71105
                              (318) 861-9202

Don't know if they are on the Fuji system but they time out and never finish processing the order.

Went by and verified that both Wal-Mart's were on the new Fuji system. Talking with one employee, they stated that there were 2 locations in the area that had not updated their systems yet, however, the people there don't know how to use the system. I can verify that because I'd been by them before and they were totally clueless and didn't want to even try and figure out how to use the system. Also, the other 2 locations are way out of my way and in the less desirable parts of the city to go to and try to get anything done.

I will try the 1-800-walmart number and see if that can get anything fixed at the other 2 locations.

Comment

I tried the location by me again just for the heck of it since I was going to the bank next to Wal-Mart anyway. The lady that used to do these for me when I first converted all my movies was there, so she knows the deal.

She told me ever since they got the new system a year ago, the disc-to-digital support has never worked. A full year now! They even tried talking to field support a bunch of times and still couldn't get it working. That's really annoying. I'll see if the district manager cares enough to try to get this resolved so I can do these conversions again.

Here's the store info:

Murfreesboro Walmart Supercenter
                                2000 Old Fort Pkwy
                                Murfreesboro, TN 37129
                                (615) 893-0175
                                Last edited by Donborvio; 12-17-2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: Added Location

Comment

Working...
                                X