Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

All day with the buffering, can't watch any of my movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All day with the buffering, can't watch any of my movies

interesting idea. If I understand correctly, the vast majority of Vudu users are unable to enjoy their purchased content because of a systemic problem on the Vudu systems. Further, their support is purposefully neglecting the issue and attempting to brush it aside in a nefarious method.

I have never heard of such a proposition. It is certainly a serious claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
      interesting idea. If I understand correctly, the vast majority of Vudu users are unable to enjoy their purchased content because of a systemic problem on the Vudu systems. Further, their support is purposefully neglecting the issue and attempting to brush it aside in a nefarious method.

I have never heard of such a proposition. It is certainly a serious claim.

All sarcasm aside, Walter, there are people who have been having issues for years.

At some point and time over these last 2 years, you would have thought that Vudu would have done some checking into it and found out what the cause is. Even if it isn't on their end, they should be able to say "Hey, we know there is an issue when ..".....

Comment

Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
        All sarcasm aside, Walter, there are people who have been having issues for years.

At some point and time over these last 2 years, you would have thought that Vudu would have done some checking into it and found out what the cause is. Even if it isn't on their end, they should be able to say "Hey, we know there is an issue when ..".....
        no sarcasm intended. It is a subject of interest to me and you have my full attention should it be as claimed. There are millions of Vudu users. If we are looking at a systemic problem for most, then it should be identified.

Comment

Well for what ever reason the "buffering" issue has gone away here in my neck of the woods. It left just as suddenly as it arrived. Wish I could tell you all what I did to make it go away but I don't have a clue....
          I guess it will have to remain as one of life's little mysteries.

Comment

Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
            I use Comcast / Xfinity
            Delaware
            Xfinity X1 Modem
            Netgear Gigabet router
            50mbps+ service
            Roku 3 device

Tried 4 different methods of connecting internet to Roku3..all had the same issue
            Method 1 ... ethernet cable (cat 5e) to Xfinity modem directly
            Method 2 ... ethernet cable (cat 5e) to Netgear Gigabit router
            Method 3 ... WiFi from Netgear Gigabit router
            Method 4 ... WiFi from Xfinity modem

Also had issues using the web portal via laptop, and bypassing the Roku 3
            My service is now 100mbps

Comment

Ya I had it for several days again. Then went away and now it's fine again. It's so RANDOM. Everything has been eliminated several times over the years. Always comes down to Vudu related somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by redtater View Post
                Well for what ever reason the "buffering" issue has gone away here in my neck of the woods. It left just as suddenly as it arrived. Wish I could tell you all what I did to make it go away but I don't have a clue....
                I guess it will have to remain as one of life's little mysteries.
                Apparently they were some major issues with Comcast related to their "peering" with other networks (including one of the CDNs, i.e. content delivery networks used by VUDU. According to them it has been resolved.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...by-bad-update/

There may have also been another (possibly unrelated to this article, but similar in cause/symptoms) issue with peering that they say has also been fixed.

Of course this won't magically fix all buffering problems, but it will likely help out Comcast users, especially the recent issues in Florida.

Comment

Well that solves the past few days of buffering issues. How bout Vudu look at the bigger picture and the issue the rest of the country has been having the past two years. Mmmmmkay.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbcondor View Post
                    Well that solves the past few days of buffering issues. How bout Vudu look at the bigger picture and the issue the rest of the country has been having the past two years. Mmmmmkay.
                    You must have mistaken me for VUDU customer care who I'd imagine would be more polite in response to your snark.

But I participate in the forums on my own time because I want to provide information and like interacting with VUDU customers from an engineering point of view, hopefully being helpful once in a while. So I'm happy to ignore you if you can't be civil.

The fact is we do track aggregate streaming statistics and the majority of users do not commonly have issues. It's unfortunate and I'm sure frustrating that you are one who does. I hope you stick with it and we can get it fixed for you, but remember no one in customer care you are talking to is causing the problem, they are trying to help you fix it, so please don't take out your frustrations on them...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      You must have mistaken me for VUDU customer care who I'd imagine would be more polite in response to your snark.

But I participate in the forums on my own time because I want to provide information and like interacting with VUDU customers from an engineering point of view, hopefully being helpful once in a while. So I'm happy to ignore you if you can't be civil.

The fact is we do track aggregate streaming statistics and the majority of users do not commonly have issues. It's unfortunate and I'm sure frustrating that you are one who does. I hope you stick with it and we can get it fixed for you, but remember no one in customer care you are talking to is causing the problem, they are trying to help you fix it, so please don't take out your frustrations on them...
                      Thx. Jake.

ToU forbid attempts to reverse engineer. However, you mented CDP / CDN in your post. I had been wanting to for quite some time. Glad it was you and not me. I believe several posters believe the distro of media is in an enterprise type of setup. I know it is not, but have stayed away from delving too much into it.

Comment

So at least one ISP was the culprit, hmm ...

Comment

Jake I am being civil. My issue is we do have employees of Vudu on these forums and a casual observer will see the endless threads of buffering issues and the complaints (not just me). My point is when you see one person complain there are way way more who never say a word or don't know about this forum or where to complain. So just glance at at the Networking threads and look at the many many people complaining of buffering issues and then think of my previous statement of those who don't voice their complaints or know about this forum. This has been an ongoing issue with Vudu and I as a customer have a right to complain or be snarky or complain to customer service. That is my right as a person who has paid for this service. If there is a problem with a service I'm sure you would call to complain or voice an opinion and that's what members here are doing.

Employees of a business when made aware of problems should let their company know there is a problem especially a wide spread one that is happening nationwide.

We are making Vudu aware that there is a serious problem with buffering and with your last post you have stated you found one with Comcast. My issue is Vudu now needs to find what the issue is with everyone who doesn't have Comcast. As a service provider I would hope that Vudu would do everything to provide exceptional service which from all the complaints on this forum show is not happening.

I also think it's offensive to call me snarky. I am a customer of Vudu and as an employee of Vudu you should treat your customers with respect. I have not insulted you in fact I feel I am bringing up valid points about a serious issue. People pay for a service and want what they are paying for, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

mgbcondor,

I really don't think you have the "right" to be snarky or troll on customer service because you feel the need to do so in order to express yourself. Of course feel free to let Vudu know you're experiencing an issue with their service and offer any additional info that might prove helpful to your issue. I'm pretty sure there's a human being on the other side who trying to help you to their best of their abilties. Granted some customer care agents are better than other but that's the nature of the beast. Robots haven't taken over the workplace as of yet.

Jake has always been very helpful to this forum, especially explaining the more techical issues and I thank him for that.

As for your statement that Vudu has a nationwide issue with buffering, I find it invalid. Are you aware how many people use Vudu in the US? Are you aware how many different ISPs these people use for their internet access? Are you aware of their geographical location and it's role on how steady their connection is? Are you aware of the many other external factors that figure in with the internet? The internet does not run on magic, some people still think it does believe it or not.

Comment

The issue is I dont "troll" on customer service. Jake stated I did (which confused me) I was letting him know that if if I did have a complaint it would be within my right to voice my displeasure if I wanted to and that's Customer Srvices job is to take those complaints and try to rectify them. Letting a business know they have an issue is part of doing business. I have never been rude to CS ever but Jake called me Snarky and since he is an employee of Vudu I thought that rather rude. I had simply stated that Vudu had fixed one ISP provider and commented that they need to find the issue with other ISP providers which is true and not snarky at all. As an employee of a major pharmaceutical corporation do you know what would happen if I called a customer snarky I would be out looking for a new job.

I understand Jake is doing this on his own time but since his title is listed as Engineer for Vudu he represents them every time he posts on this forum and to call his customers names is very surprising. I am a loyal customer from the beginning and have 1300 movies loaded onto Vudu and recommend them to everybody so when I as a loyal customer get called uncivil and snarky yes I take offense. I'm merely commenting on the issue that may customers are having and what appears to me as Vudu's lack of response in addressing this issue. I love Vudu when it works and that's all I'm asking for is for Vudu to fix the many issues they are having, keep their customers in the loop (which is what this forum is for) and appraised of any new details which they refuse to do.

Vudu wants to invest money in Instawatch which isn't working so well and a new dongle that does less of what other dongles do for the same money yet not fix the issues that have been plaguing their loyal customera for two years now.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbcondor View Post
                                The issue is I dont "troll" on customer service. Jake stated I did (which confused me) I was letting him know that if if I did have a complaint it would be within my right to voice my displeasure if I wanted to and that's Customer Srvices job is to take those complaints and try to rectify them. Letting a business know they have an issue is part of doing business. I have never been rude to CS ever but Jake called me Snarky and since he is an employee of Vudu I thought that rather rude. I had simply stated that Vudu had fixed one ISP provider and commented that they need to find the issue with other ISP providers which is true and not snarky at all. As an employee of a major pharmaceutical corporation do you know what would happen if I called a customer snarky I would be out looking for a new job.

I understand Jake is doing this on his own time but since his title is listed as Engineer for Vudu he represents them every time he posts on this forum and to call his customers names is very surprising. I am a loyal customer from the beginning and have 1300 movies loaded onto Vudu and recommend them to everybody so when I as a loyal customer get called uncivil and snarky yes I take offense. I'm merely commenting on the issue that may customers are having and what appears to me as Vudu's lack of response in addressing this issue. I love Vudu when it works and that's all I'm asking for is for Vudu to fix the many issues they are having, keep their customers in the loop (which is what this forum is for) and appraised of any new details which they refuse to do.

Vudu wants to invest money in Instawatch which isn't working so well and a new dongle that does less of what other dongles do for the same money yet not fix the issues that have been plaguing their loyal customera for two years now.
                                Have you created a case with customer care about your buffering issue? If so, may I have the reference number please?

Comment

Working...
                                X