Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

"We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete" - Does this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete" - Does this happen?

Apologies if this has already been answered. When you get the message that a disc can't be identified, and you're asked to type in the name of the disc, you get a message that says:

We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete

How long does this process actually take? Has anyone actually been contacted before? Once you're contacted, do you need to go through the process of inserting the disc again?

I have over a hundred movies in my library that I'd like to add to Vudu, but my success rate so far has been quite dismal with the at-home system. For the ones that work, however, it's awesome!

Re: "We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete" - Does this happen?

Originally posted by pictureric View Post
    Apologies if this has already been answered. When you get the message that a disc can't be identified, and you're asked to type in the name of the disc, you get a message that says:

We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete

How long does this process actually take? Has anyone actually been contacted before? Once you're contacted, do you need to go through the process of inserting the disc again?

I have over a hundred movies in my library that I'd like to add to Vudu, but my success rate so far has been quite dismal with the at-home system. For the ones that work, however, it's awesome!
    No, this never happens. I have been doing this for almost 2 years now and the verification process never takes place.
    Any discs I have with an error message, including this one, have never been resolved.

Comment

Re: "We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete" - Does this happen?

I have had some movies I reported fixed, but they never contact you to tell you they are fixed. A mod used to post in the error thread lists of the movies that were fixed, but that was a long, long time ago. The last ones I remember being fixed were Bad Grandpa and the Croods. To give you an idea of the time, the Croods came out on BD in October of 2013.

Comment

They fixed Blast to the Past, but I was never contacted about it.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if Disc to Digital is even something that Vudu is still supporting. I see that they're adding new titles to their database all the time. For example, recent titles like "Gone Girl" and "Fault in Our Stars" are all listed as eligible, but the system doesn't recognize the discs. I wonder if it ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by pictureric View Post
            Interesting. I wonder if Disc to Digital is even something that Vudu is still supporting. I see that they're adding new titles to their database all the time. For example, recent titles like "Gone Girl" and "Fault in Our Stars" are all listed as eligible, but the system doesn't recognize the discs. I wonder if it ever will.
            Yes, Vudu is still supporting D2D You obviously need to know the following:

1) D2D eligible titles must be UV compatible.

2) Just because a title is UV compatible and available for purchase through Vudu does NOT mean it's available for D2D.

3) Vudu and other retailers that offer D2D conversion must hold licenses for each title they make available for D2D conversion, and the licenses for titles can vary from retailer to retailer.

An excellent resource for checking Vudu D2D compatibility can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&output=html

Comment

No, Vudu is not supporting this product any longer in terms of improvements that are being asked about. They are keeping it running, but as cmleblanc correctly states, he will never be contacted and any updates to the DB to correct reported errors stopped some time ago (to anyone's knowledge here). The 'report problems' thread has been an echo chamber for many, many months. No moderator has even taken the time to placate let alone notify that any corrections have been made. Even this forum is now hidden from any Vudu users who don't already know about it as it has been removed from the main Vudu.com menus.

pictureric - The only way this current works now is to try D2D and for all the titles that don't work, you will have to take them into the store and no 10-or-more discount can be used for these discs.

Comment

If you look at the purpose of this forum, it is primarily intended as a user helping user forum. I think it's a nice bonus that the moderators take the time that they do to help customers with their issues. It is inaccurate for you to say that Vudu does not support their service. Help is available by calling Vudu support at 888-554-VUDU. They can also be contacted by email. There is a link for the forums at the bottom of the page where it's always been. You'll see it if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, you can find a link for the forums by clicking support which is found by hovering over your name. At least that's what I see using Internet Explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                  If you look at the purpose of this forum, it is primarily intended as a user helping user forum. I think it's a nice bonus that the moderators take the time that they do to help customers with their issues. It is inaccurate for you to say that Vudu does not support their service. Help is available by calling Vudu support at 888-554-VUDU. They can also be contacted by email. There is a link for the forums at the bottom of the page where it's always been. You'll see it if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, you can find a link for the forums by clicking support which is found by hovering over your name. At least that's what I see using Internet Explorer.
                  Funny, because if you contact them about issues with the in-home D2D software they tell you to post your issues in the In-Home D2D Bugs thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Comment

Funny, you missed my point.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                      Funny, you missed my point.
                      There's not much users' can help each other with when it comes to the D2D In-home software. Only Vudu can fix these issues. Believe you me if we could this issue would have been fixed long ago. It's ironic that their customer service tells people to post in that thread rather than submitting help tickets yet that thread goes ignored by them.

Comment

You're right about that. When I have serious issues with Vudu (or any other company, for that matter), I'm usually too impatient to get help in forums, which in my experience are usually user helping user forums. I like to get on the phone and call the company. But you're right, one of the first things the recording tells you is to check their website or forums for help.

Comment

The Vudu To Go software used for in home disc to digital is currently in beta. Says so before you even download it. I always take "beta" to be synonymous with "buggy," and user feedback is necessary to get those bugs worked out. If it worked perfectly, all the time, it wouldn't still be in beta. I spoke with customer support today about some problems with conversion. She informed me that the software is constantly being worked on, with updates pushed out regularly, and they are not automatic updates so you'd have to compare your version with what's on the site. She did suggest the forums, but just to see if others were having issues with the same discs as I am having issues, and that sometimes users find ways to get discs to work and may post their tips here to help others. She clearly said it's a user helping user forum, though there are some top level support representatives here as well. So the software is still supported, and it shouldn't be expected to have NO bugs, or it wouldn't still be in beta. When you experience issues, check to see if you have the most current version. And you can check the forums to see if others are having the same problem with the same disc, and if anyone has suggestions to try and get it to work.

Comment

Working...
                          X