Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UV Redemption -- Lag Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UV Redemption -- Lag Time

It may be unrelated, but maybe it has to do with the DMA integration. I have 3 family members on Vudu sharing 1 UV account. Only two of us have DMA accounts linked to our Vudu accounts. We all redeemed codes/made purchases today to check and the two of us with DMA linked were slower to get the other's UV redemptions (took maybe 5-10 minutes to pop). The third member, who does not have DMA linked, got all of the UV's instantaneously. All on the same network, in the same vacinity.

In regards to the previous posts about the push/pull process, maybe Vudu's pull on the UV accounts is slowed down from having to pull from 2 services instead of one? Or maybe DMA has gotten priority over UV in terms of pull frequency/speed?

Is there anyone who has NOT linked DMA to their Vudu accounts that can replicate this?

Other info: The UV account has well over 1k titles between movies/tv shows (big enough to be considered a large collection IMO). One DMA account has ~40 movies, the other only has about 2 or 3. The 2 DMA-Vudu accounts has about the same delay in getting the UV titles from the others.

Comment

Originally posted by vanton619 View Post
      It may be unrelated, but maybe it has to do with the DMA integration. I have 3 family members on Vudu sharing 1 UV account. Only two of us have DMA accounts linked to our Vudu accounts. We all redeemed codes/made purchases today to check and the two of us with DMA linked were slower to get the other's UV redemptions (took maybe 5-10 minutes to pop). The third member, who does not have DMA linked, got all of the UV's instantaneously. All on the same network, in the same vacinity.

In regards to the previous posts about the push/pull process, maybe Vudu's pull on the UV accounts is slowed down from having to pull from 2 services instead of one? Or maybe DMA has gotten priority over UV in terms of pull frequency/speed?

Is there anyone who has NOT linked DMA to their Vudu accounts that can replicate this?

Other info: The UV account has well over 1k titles between movies/tv shows (big enough to be considered a large collection IMO). One DMA account has ~40 movies, the other only has about 2 or 3. The 2 DMA-Vudu accounts has about the same delay in getting the UV titles from the others.
      Its lagging even when not attached to dma my third account also does not have a dma attached to it and its lagging pretty much the same as the others, the only working fix i have found is the unlink relink to the main uv account

Comment

Originally posted by vanton619 View Post

I had a chance to retest the push/pull method yesterday. I did some D2Ds on my secondary Vudu account (that's linked to a shared UV account). The titles still hadn't shown up in my main Vudu account (which is also linked to my master UV account) after 10 minutes or so. In contradiction to the push/pull method I described, I unlinked then relinked the UV account on my MAIN (which would normally be the second step, or the "pull"). No luck. HOWEVER, I then went to the secondary Vudu account (the account from where I did the D2D) and unlinked and relinked my UV account (the "push"). Without doing the pull again, I reloaded the web page for the Vudu library of my main account, and voila - everything was there. So the "push" really seems to be the key step . . .

Just so you can properly compare apples: Only my main Vudu account has both my DMA and my UV libraries linked to it. And I have about 3800 UV titles.

Comment

DMA Redemptions are instantaneous. I redeemed Annie (2014 version) on March 28 - One of my linked account got it on 3/29 but another did not get until 4/13.

Comment

An easier way to get new UV purchases to show instantly in another account is to just go and try to purchase that title again while logged in that other account, and before you get the final purchase screen (that screen that would normally show you your total including tax), You will get a message saying you already own the title, the "Watch" button will appear, and you will be unable to complete the purchase. You only need to do this once, and it will sync all titles you just bought. Just make sure you sure you're selecting the same resolution (if you bought SD/HD, it will let you buy the same title in HDX)!

Comment

Originally posted by PFloyd View Post
              An easier way to get new UV purchases to show instantly in another account is to just go and try to purchase that title again while logged in that other account, and before you get the final purchase screen (that screen that would normally show you your total including tax), You will get a message saying you already own the title, the "Watch" button will appear, and you will be unable to complete the purchase. You only need to do this once, and it will sync all titles you just bought. Just make sure you sure you're selecting the same resolution (if you bought SD/HD, it will let you buy the same title in HDX)!
              I just tried this and did not seem to work. It was an SD UV movie. I got to this page:

The title will be added to your library.

This purchase will be registered with your UltraViolet? account, enabling you and members of your household to watch this movie via any UltraViolet-compatible service or device.

Price:

$ 12.99

Credit:

- $ 1.00

Sales Tax:

$ 0.69

total:

$ 12.68

Own SD for $ 12.68

Comment

This is what I have my 5 connections do.

If I redeemed a code I login to my Ultraviolet account and make sure it transfered from Vudu. If it didn't then I log out of Vudu and Ultraviolet. I log back into Vudu first go to the movie and then log into Ultraviolet to check again.

The UV website is a whole lot better now and all I do is scroll down until I see the movie I just redeemed, the others do the same steps.

It has worked every time for us but could take a few login's.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                  I just tried this and did not seem to work. It was an SD UV movie. I got to this page:

The title will be added to your library.

This purchase will be registered with your UltraViolet? account, enabling you and members of your household to watch this movie via any UltraViolet-compatible service or device.

Price:

$ 12.99

Credit:

- $ 1.00

Sales Tax:

$ 0.69

total:

$ 12.68

Own SD for $ 12.68
                  Hmm ... in my experience it shouldn't have let you get to that screen if both accounts are linked to the same UV account, but under DIFFERENT shared users (i.e. different email addresses); I believe if you use the same UV email address to link two different Vudu accounts, only the last Vudu account is linked - the other Vudu account automatically unlinks. Perhaps that's what's happening? Can you confirm that both Vudu accounts are using different UV email addresses (although part of the same UV account)?

Comment

Working...
                  X