Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VuduToGo Is NOT detecting that I logged on and Will Not show my downloads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VuduToGo Is NOT detecting that I logged on and Will Not show my downloads...

VuduToGo will start on my computer, however the application shows that I have not signed in yet.. Even though the app shows normally shows that I am logged in. I can play movies that I have already downloaded on to my computer but as soon as I click on downloads and expect a few more things to show that I can download.. BOOM!! There is nothing on my VuduToGo interface of the downloads tab. I tried to see if the Movie to Digital tab works which normally displays stuff but the tab kept requesting that I sign in; which I did back and forth. Honestly I do not have fast enough bandwidth or time to stream my movies, only download and watch at a constant rate later in the day. I pay money for my movies and tv shows but the VuduToGo app is really interfering with me enjoying my paid for content. I might turn to a different movie source soon if this is not debugged or fixed because I bet the other providers service their members who pay cash to use their program.

Re: VuduToGo Is NOT detecting that I logged on and Will Not show my downloads...

Originally posted by Kristol8178 View Post

VuduToGo will start on my computer, however the application shows that I have not signed in yet..
    I'm having the same problem.

Using Windows XP SP3.

I have tried uninstall & reinstall, but no joy

Comment

Re: VuduToGo Is NOT detecting that I logged on and Will Not show my downloads...

Same here, also using XP. Maybe XP is not supported any more. If so, too bad since I still have money in my credits and I planned on using it to convert some dvds.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn View Post
        Same here, also using XP. Maybe XP is not supported any more. If so, too bad since I still have money in my credits and I planned on using it to convert some dvds.
        YES! I forgot to mention that I am also using Windows XP with Service Pack 3.. I would also be disappointed if Vudu stopped servicing XP users.

Comment

Yes, it would be nice to know if support for Win-XP was dropped, just so we don't have to keep spinning our wheels.

Anyway, I ran across this:

-------------------------------

Adobe AIR / Tech specs

System requirements

Windows

2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom? 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices

Microsoft? Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Classic

512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)

AIR SDK Development Supports Microsoft? Windows 7 and above, 64-bit only

No mention of XP.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkW View Post
            Yes, it would be nice to know if support for Win-XP was dropped, just so we don't have to keep spinning our wheels.

Adobe AIR / Tech specs

System requirements

Windows

2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom? 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices

No mention of XP.
            Thanks for doing the hunting on this. I know these folks are busy trying to answer so many questions in these forums but as already suggested in this thread a simple XP won' work confirmation would be great.

Comment

Can't use VuduToGo on XP, huh?

This is perhaps a blessing in disguise. By not being able to shell out my money to vudu, eventually I can save enough to upgrade my O.S.

Their loss.

Comment

YES! I forgot to mention that I am also using Windows XP with Service Pack 3.. I would also be disappointed if Vudu stopped servicing XP users.
                Vudu didn't so much intentionally stop supporting XP, but Adobe/Flash and Microsoft have both stopped supporting it. And since the VUDU web and VuduToGo players use Flash for playback, that effectively means it's no longer supported/maintained on XP.

Comment

Jake, we do appreciate the follow up.

Comment

Yes Thank You Very Much Jake

Comment

Updated my OS from XP to Windows 7 last night and.... yep up and running again so XP is the problem.

Comment

I, too, cannot get VUDU To Go to work for me. Have: Windows XP Home SP3 32-bit w/512 mb RAM. I am in the US, not using a proxy. Same issues as other posters, can't log in to my account within the VUDU To Go program, no features work. I am frustrated at the (sometimes blithe) suggestions I've read in response to this issue, with no real resolution. As far as I know, all the features on the Vudu website work for me, including watching movies in my browser. I've been doing some sporadic testing of VUDU To Go over the past week. Today I sat down and did more comprehensive and systematic testing of the "My Downloads" and "My Purchases" tabs. Below are my steps and results. I found a way that appears to log me in to the VUDU To Go program, but I'm not sure because I can't get anything else to happen.

Started tests with Firefox 36.0.4, browser updated to 37.0.1 in the interim; Shockwave Flash 17.0.0.134 installed.

Not sure which version of Adobe AIR I originally had installed on my computer, since I didn't take note of it before embarking on my tests. VUDU To Go 2.1.7 only installs AIR if not already present.

Most common suggestion: uninstall and reinstall.

- Uninstalled VUDU To Go. (Note, the uninstall progress window displays blank boxes rather than the alpha characters that would tell me to "Please wait while ---- is preparing files" [can't remember the exact wording from other uninstalls])--rather reminicent of either a missing font or an encoding issue. Numerics display fine, as I can see how many seconds remain in the process.
                        - Uninstalled Adobe AIR.
                        - Deleted Registry entries for AIR and VUDU To Go.
                        - Deleted browser cookies (just because).
                        - Deleted folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\com.vudu.air.Downloader
                        - Deleted folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Adobe\AIR

(All fairly painless when using CCleaner and running %appdata% from the Start menu.)

- No AIR or VUDU folders/files found in C:\Program Files\Common Files
                        No AIR folders/files found in C:\Program Files\Adobe
                        No VUDU folder/files found in C:\Program Files
                        - Reboot computer
                        - Shut down all nonessential programs and processes, just to eliminate possible interferences. My sporadic tests over the past week have shown no difference in the results.

- Start FireFox.
                        - Log into Vudu, navigate to My VUDU, select a movie (doesn't seem to matter which one), click "Download SD". Popup window: "Install VUDU To Go"
                        - Download VUDU To Go via button, install program (installation preferences include "AIR 17.0 (required)") [Subsequent testing seems to make no difference if I download VUDU To Go at this step via the button or just install from the copy on my disk.]
                        - Check versions installed: VUDU To Go, 2.1.7; AIR, 17.0.0.124
                        - Launch VUDU To Go manually--shows I am not logged in. Close VUDU To Go.
                        - Close popup in browser, reclick "Download SD". Popup button now reads "Download Movie Now". VUDU To Go is launched when that button is clicked, now showing me as logged in.
                        - In VUDU To Go, the "My Downloads" tab shows the message: "You have not downloaded any movies. Click the "My Purchases" tab to start downloading movies."
                        - Click on My Purchases tab, I'm presented with a blank screen (meanwhile logged out of VUDU in browser and closed FF).
                        - Wait 15 minutes, no changes in either "My Downloads" or "My Purchases" tabs. Monitors show steady back-and-forth modem activity.
                        - Close VUDU To Go, relaunch from desktop, still shows me logged in ... same "Click on My Purchases" message, wait another 15 mins. with no change.
                        - Log out of VUDU To Go.
                        - Click "Sign In", login form appears, populated with my username ... add password, prompt disappears. Wait another 15 mins. Still does not show me logged in, "My Purchases" tab is still blank.
                        - Close VUDU To Go. Launch FireFox again, log into Vudu, navigate to My VUDU.
                        - Select a movie (does not seem to matter which one).
                        - Click "Download SD". Button on popup window reads "Download Movie Now". VUDU To Go is again launched, showing me as logged in--same messages, same blank screen for "My Purchases" tab.
                        - Closed VUDU To Go. Closed popup in browser and navigated to the "Download SD" of the same or a different movie; same results.

Note: Today the results seem to be predictable and duplicable. Over the past week of testing, sometimes I would be repeatedly presented with the "Install VUDU To Go" message--after one to several times of closing that and pushing the Download SD button again (sometimes refreshing the browser window) it would finally give me the "Download Movie Now" message. Occasionally I would see a message saying that I should install the lastest version of Adobe Flash (already have it). If someone has been fixing things on the site, thank you. If not, perhaps it is just the moon phase.

Judging by the modem activity, I believe VUDU To Go is trying hard to interact with the server but something seems to be preventing it from doing so. Or, VUDU To Go doesn't know what to do with the info it is receiving.

I didn't fully test the Disc to Digital, but the tests I've done over the past week have been unsatifactory as well--starting always with a perpetual spinner saying "Processing...". Inserting one of the few discs I have readily at hand results in one failed message or another (e.g. unable to identify disc, problem while verifying this disc), or a perpetual "Loading title information ..." message.

Test separate installations of Adobe AIR and VUDU To Go; test other versions of Adobe AIR.

Installed Adobe AIR 17.0.0.124 runtime (released March 12, 2015) separately when prompted by the website to install VUDU To Go. (VUDU To Go skips installation of Adobe AIR if already present on the system.)

Other AIR versions tested (declining updates) by installing separately:
                        - AIR Desktop & SDK 15.0.0.356 November 11th, 2014
                        - AIR Desktop Runtime (Win) 16.0.0.273 February 12, 2015
                        - AIR Runtime Desktop 17.0.0.138 (Beta)

All of these were uninstalled/reinstalled/tested per same steps as first test.

Results: No discernible difference in any of these installations.

Originally posted by MarkW View Post

Adobe AIR / Tech specs

System requirements

Windows

No mention of XP.
                        When I visit https://get.adobe.com/air/ it shows Version 17.0 for my Win XP system. The System requirements (link on that same page) are:

* 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom? 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
                        * Microsoft? Windows? XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista? Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64 bit editions) with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Classic
                        * 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)

As part of my investigation, I downloaded and installed AIR from that link. The version is 17.0.0.124, which is the same version installed by VUDU To Go. It looks like the runtime still works (even the next version currently in Beta), but the SDK requires Windows 7 and above.

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        Vudu didn't so much intentionally stop supporting XP, but Adobe/Flash and Microsoft have both stopped supporting it. And since the VUDU web and VuduToGo players use Flash for playback, that effectively means it's no longer supported/maintained on XP.
                        I remain unconvinced of this assertion after my extensive testing--see above where I tested earlier versions of Adobe AIR as well as the next one currently in Beta. I would believe the Vudu developers are using Windows 7 and above, if they are running the current SDK version. This should not be a reason to ignore things like backwards compatibility and customer service. Just a small nit, Flash is for running applications in a browser, AIR is used to run applications on a desktop (outside of browsers).

I would also be disappointed if Vudu stopped servicing XP users.
                        As would I. Interestingly, an article published by CNET last week (April 2, 2015) shows Win XP to be the second-most common OS currently in use, though it has dropped from 19.1% in Feb. to 16.9%. http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-xp-...-in-no-2-spot/

Originally posted by Popcorn View Post
                        Updated my OS from XP to Windows 7 last night and.... yep up and running again so XP is the problem.
                        I think your test was rather limited and your conclusion (therefore) might be flawed.

Other comments and suggestions found on these forums:

Upgrade to Windows 7 or install a virtual machine. Not an option on my computer, spent three days attempting to install a VM, both on my computer and a flash drive. I simply do not have enough RAM. I am not in a position at this time to purchase a new computer, or even additional memory.

Wal-mart D2D service. Haven't tried this, but from the many posts from other users it would seem to be more hassle than it is worth, if it is available and/or working. I would also miss out on the download option (since VUDU To Go doesn't work for me) and the 50% discount Vudu offers.

I even went so far in my testing to open a Wal-mart account and used that info to try and log in to VUDU To Go. No joy there, either.

Can't remember who posted this suggestion for a related issue: "... create a brand new windows account so it can have default setup and try to install VUDU To Go onto that windows account." I haven't tried this, but I don't see where it would make any difference, considering mine is not an isolated case.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Right now I am only wanting to convert some discs to digital so we have something to occupy our time--nearly every week we travel 250 miles (one way), spend most of three days (two nights) in a motel and a few hours in the oncology unit for my partner's chemotherapy treatments. We can watch movies on my tablet (the one thing that seems to work very well). We don't have a lot of movies that we want converted to digital (10-25, perhaps) but it would really help relieve the tediousness of our trips.

I would really like to see Vudu say they are working on a solution, or, if that is not forthcoming, at least make a previous working version of VUDU To Go available for their #2 customers or provide an alternative method of converting our discs to digital (including discount).

Thank you,

/louise/

Comment

I have Windows Vista and have the same problem. I believe Visa is still a support OS.

Comment

@ /louise/: Thank you for your work on this.

Maybe some will be able to connect the dots with the info you provided.

Comment

I consulted with some of my dev friends who have some experience with Flash/AIR. (First comment they made was that there are better options than Flash/AIR, but that's a moot point right now.) I described the issues encountered trying to use the latest version of VUDU To Go on win XP and the results of my testing. Their best guess is that some feature was coded into V2G that only works on win 7 and above, which could indeed make it unusable on win XP.

Sometimes, making use of the latest features is not the best choice.

/louise/

Comment

Working...
                              X