Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Will Vudu's Xbox One App be updated soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Vudu's Xbox One App be updated soon?

I love watching movies on Vudu but let's be frank. The Xbox One app is extremely difficult to work with. If I want to watch an episode of Big Bang Theory, as an example, it can take upwards of 20-25 button clicks to get where I want to be. This compared to a Roku or PS4 where I can get to the same episode in 1/3 the button clicks. What is going on? Can we expect an update of the XB1 app to get it up to snuff with the Roku/PS4 soon?

Re: Will Vudu's Xbox One App be updated soon?

Vudu has said previously that Microsoft won't let them have control of the update, so I'd suggest you contact Microsoft.

Comment

I assumed it was Microsofts issues & not Vudu's. Hopefully with the next big OS update they will make way for an easier app.

Comment

Just got an update on my Xbox one. Don't see any difference visually.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmikael View Post
          Vudu has said previously that Microsoft won't let them have control of the update, so I'd suggest you contact Microsoft.
          Not true. That's not what Vudu said. They said they are limited to what they can do with the interface due to the Xbox One's design, which is simply not true as you can see if you look at any of the other apps.

Comment

Originally posted by darthbaker182 View Post
            I love watching movies on Vudu but let's be frank. The Xbox One app is extremely difficult to work with. If I want to watch an episode of Big Bang Theory, as an example, it can take upwards of 20-25 button clicks to get where I want to be. This compared to a Roku or PS4 where I can get to the same episode in 1/3 the button clicks. What is going on? Can we expect an update of the XB1 app to get it up to snuff with the Roku/PS4 soon?
            The interface was not made for libraries larger than 25 movies. I have 500. The interface desperately needs a Genre selection and some other way of sorting all your movies. I've found its much easier to simply go to Netflix than to try to find a children's movie for a crying toddler.

I really hope they fix the whole Vudu crashes two to three times on the One before it will actually play a movie. As great as the Xbox One is, Vudu is entirely underwhelming on a platform where it should excel. Am I the only one that has to unplug the Xbox to get Vudu to work?

Comment

I just wanted to bump this thread.

With the Windows 10 update to Xbox One, I was hoping we could get an upgrade here--something that looks more like the VUDU app on every other device (the PlayStation included). I am having a difficult time convincing my community of friends who use the Xbox as their only media console of the wonders of VUDU because this is the only app they know. I myself still keep other devices in the living room simply so I can use them for VUDU. I would like to be down to one device as well, but can't stand the thought of being limited to this app.

Ideally, I'd like download the PS3 app or something identical to it to port, where I could download videos on to my device.

Jake from engineering, please tell us something is in development! This is hurting VUDU sales.

Comment

Originally posted by theogeek_nola View Post
                I just wanted to bump this thread.

With the Windows 10 update to Xbox One, I was hoping we could get an upgrade here--something that looks more like the VUDU app on every other device (the PlayStation included). I am having a difficult time convincing my community of friends who use the Xbox as their only media console of the wonders of VUDU because this is the only app they know. I myself still keep other devices in the living room simply so I can use them for VUDU. I would like to be down to one device as well, but can't stand the thought of being limited to this app.

Ideally, I'd like download the PS3 app or something identical to it to port, where I could download videos on to my device.

Jake from engineering, please tell us something is in development! This is hurting VUDU sales.
                I came to these forums to post the same thing. VUDU has confirmed on these boards in the past that something is in the works. I imagine they are trying to kill multiple birds with one stone/app using a Windows 10 universal app. Hopefully someone can at least confirm if it will be this year or next! The app is in bad need of an update!

Comment

Thx for the bump. I also wold like to vote for an updated app more in line to Windows 10. I would purchase much more content from Vudu but discovery is next to impossible with the current interface. Just copy the PS4 app and move towards a universal app.

Comment

+1 Bump

Also, the technical problems I'm hearing about make it seem all the more necessary. Please, VUDU, can we get an update on an update?

Comment

I also just got an xbox one and installed the vudu app. It is horrible. My Movies cannot change the sort and it is only sorted by purchase date. Very hard to find one from my collection or just browse through it. The app on PS3 is great. I just wish someone would get this together and fix the xbox one app.

Comment

All I want for Christmas is the Xbox One Vudu app updated. That's it!

Comment

VUDU please fix your App on XBox One console. The current one is horrible. Recently moved from PS3 to XBox One and your App on there is the only thing I dislike. I have thousands of tittles in your service and it's next to imposible to find tittles one may want to see with your XBox One App. All others, Netflix, Amazon, etc... work fine.

As a matter of fact, I thought I saw a Cinema Now app on there the other day, just thought of that right now. I've always used you guys and have spent thousands on your service. I would hate to see you go. That is if Cinema Now is actually on there and works better than your App. Don't get me wrong, I love your service and don't want to leave, but really your App on XBox One is horrible.

Your PS3 App was great by the way. Too bad my PS3 in my living room which is where we use your services, stopped working and had to move to XBox One. Please please, you have to do something about your XBox one app.

Comment

Originally posted by amiaturtle View Post
                            VUDU please fix your App on XBox One console. The current one is horrible. Recently moved from PS3 to XBox One and your App on there is the only thing I dislike. I have thousands of tittles in your service and it's next to imposible to find tittles one may want to see with your XBox One App. All others, Netflix, Amazon, etc... work fine.

As a matter of fact, I thought I saw a Cinema Now app on there the other day, just thought of that right now. I've always used you guys and have spent thousands on your service. I would hate to see you go. That is if Cinema Now is actually on there and works better than your App. Don't get me wrong, I love your service and don't want to leave, but really your App on XBox One is horrible.

Your PS3 App was great by the way. Too bad my PS3 in my living room which is where we use your services, stopped working and had to move to XBox One. Please please, you have to do something about your XBox one app.
                            People have been telling them this for who knows how long now and they don't seem interested in doing anything about it. I guess they don't care about lost sales.

Comment

The worst part isn't even the complete lack of filters and sorting. It's that when you have a large library in the thousands, the app is worthless. When we load up the app, it takes nearly 10 minutes before the "Play" button appears because it has to load everything ...or something! And then Vudu often crashes, we have to restart it... and then start the whole process over again! It's sickeningly deficient.

Comment

Working...
                              X