Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

HD to HDX upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD to HDX upgrade?

I would like to purchase the movie "Birdcage," but it currently does not have an HDX option (only SD and HD), Considering HD is generally the same price as HDX, would I have access to the HDX resolution option if it were to become available in the future, or would I have to re-purchase the film?

Re: HD to HDX upgrade?

Originally posted by tkdkid717 View Post
    I would like to purchase the movie "Birdcage," but it currently does not have an HDX option (only SD and HD), Considering HD is generally the same price as HDX, would I have access to the HDX resolution option if it were to become available in the future, or would I have to re-purchase the film?
    if it was UV then the answer would be yes for sure it would update. but because its a non uv MGM title its not for sure that it will

Comment

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
      if it was UV then the answer would be yes for sure it would update. but because its a non uv MGM title its not for sure that it will
      I haven't heard about HD to HDX free upgrades, any examples?, because right now I do not think it would happen if you specifically buy HD and not HDX (even if HDX is not available).

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
        I haven't heard about HD to HDX free upgrades, any examples?, because right now I do not think it would happen if you specifically buy HD and not HDX (even if HDX is not available).
        i had awakenings in hd from when i converted it via D2D and when it went hdx it moved to the top of my list

Comment

i had awakenings in hd from when i converted it via D2D and when it went hdx it moved to the top of my list
          Direct purchases may be different. I still would not expect auto upgrade to HDX if HDX was not what was purchased on Vudu. If it happens great.

Comment

The reason an upgrade from HD to HDX is possible with UV titles is because UV only has SD and HD rights, there is no distinction between HD and HDX. So if you buy an HD or HDX title, your UV library will get HD rights.

From what I understand, non UV titles that you purchase on vudu will be in whatever definition you purchase, so for a non UV title purchased in HD quality, HD will be what you own unless you purchase HDX later.

Perhaps there will be an 'upgrade' program of some type, but it is a bit murky considering, like you said, that HD and HDX are normally the same price.

Comment

Funny you bring this one up. I also converted via D2D a while back when HD was the only option. However, I did not get an automatic HDX upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by qazzaq View Post
                The reason an upgrade from HD to HDX is possible with UV titles is because UV only has SD and HD rights, there is no distinction between HD and HDX. So if you buy an HD or HDX title, your UV library will get HD rights.
                This is true as far as your UV locker goes, but we are referring here to Vudu purchases and Vudu knows whether you purchased HD or HDX. Based on this, shared Vudu accounts (which access the UV locker) should see the upgrade but probably not the original purchasing account.

Perhaps there will be an 'upgrade' program of some type, but it is a bit murky considering, like you said, that HD and HDX are normally the same price.
                Previously HD was a dollar or 2 cheaper than HDX, now they seem to be the same price like you said. Personally I think they should just get rid of the HD level and upgrade all to HDX.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakkMajik3000 View Post
                  Funny you bring this one up. I also converted via D2D a while back when HD was the only option. However, I did not get an automatic HDX upgrade.
                  I would call customer care, because you can only do d2d hdx or sd there is no HD option unless its the highest option. they may be able to fix it for you

Comment

I would call customer care, because you can only do d2d hdx or sd there is no HD option unless its the highest option. they may be able to fix it for you
                    Exactly . . . and at the time, HD was the highest-quality option, as I am in the same boat; I have Awakenings in HD (via D2D), but HDX is now available. I guess I will be calling Customer Care too :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PFloyd View Post
                      Exactly . . . and at the time, HD was the highest-quality option, as I am in the same boat; I have Awakenings in HD (via D2D), but HDX is now available. I guess I will be calling Customer Care too :-)
                      Let us know how that goes. I have the same issue with Abre Los Ojos, and I am curious if it is worth contacting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                        This is true as far as your UV locker goes, but we are referring here to Vudu purchases and Vudu knows whether you purchased HD or HDX. Based on this, shared Vudu accounts (which access the UV locker) should see the upgrade but probably not the original purchasing account.
                        Not to go off topic but yes, I know that is how it works with shared accounts and UV titles, I honestly have no idea exactly how it works with the purchasing account since I have never tried it.

If an HD UV title does in fact not upgrade automatically to HDX, it seems that if you unlink and relink your UV account, the purchasing account should in theory also get the HDX upgrade since the rights should import from the UV locker and supersede the original HD purchase. It does not seem like there would be a way to block that, but I have no idea since I have never tried.

Comment

If an HD UV title does in fact not upgrade automatically to HDX, it seems that if you unlink and relink your UV account, the purchasing account should in theory also get the HDX upgrade since the rights should import from the UV locker and supersede the original HD purchase. It does not seem like there would be a way to block that, but I have no idea since I have never tried.
                          I suspect that their own local copy of your purchase "wins", and the UV locker is only consulted for titles not directly in your Vudu account. Your transaction history with Vudu is something they have documented and confirmed, while the contents of your UV locker were potentially put there by some other vendor. If I were Vudu, I'd give my own data preference over the third party system where there's overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by MattO View Post
                            I suspect that their own local copy of your purchase "wins", and the UV locker is only consulted for titles not directly in your Vudu account. Your transaction history with Vudu is something they have documented and confirmed, while the contents of your UV locker were potentially put there by some other vendor. If I were Vudu, I'd give my own data preference over the third party system where there's overlap.
                            Not sure it works that way. If I buy or redeem a title in SD on vudu then in HD on another service, vudu would display that I own both SD and HDX, the UV data is in addition to your owned titles on vudu.

Comment

Not sure it works that way. If I buy or redeem a title in SD on vudu then in HD on another service, vudu would display that I own both SD and HDX, the UV data is in addition to your owned titles on vudu.
                              That would make sense because there are two separate ownership rights there and there's no conflict. I'm thinking more where there's conflicting info, like HD vs HDX.

Comment

Working...
                              X