Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New PS4 Media Remote + VUDU = ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New PS4 Media Remote + VUDU = ?

Originally posted by intel352 View Post
    Has it been released to Sony yet?
    I just received this remote today, and was gutted to see that it didn't work with Vudu. Add me to the list of people that are wondering if this is ready to be updated.

Comment

I went to use Vudu on the PS4 today and noticed a different layout. So i thought the app had been updated. I broke out the remote and tried it again and nada. Then I realized I hadn't seen a notification about the app updating so I guess there was some layout change on the Vudu server end, not the app itself.

Sooo... Any update?

Comment

Originally posted by brianp6621 View Post
        I went to use Vudu on the PS4 today and noticed a different layout. So i thought the app had been updated. I broke out the remote and tried it again and nada. Then I realized I hadn't seen a notification about the app updating so I guess there was some layout change on the Vudu server end, not the app itself.

Sooo... Any update?
        It was slightly delayed as we are still finishing support/testing for another highly requested feature (full 1080p output for 3D movies). Sorry - but it's still coming ASAP.

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

Any timeline for the update? I'm looking forward to the day I can stop using my PS3 to stream. Can only do that when the PS4 app uses the remote.

Comment

It's been two months since Jake last posted about this. You'd think they could've worked in an update just to fix the remote issue by now.

Comment

Yes, there are a ton of us waiting, and waiting for this to be fixed. I can control every streaming app we use on the PS4 now except Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                  We have the remote and are adding support for it, as well as CEC. No ETA on when the update will be published, but they will be supported when it is...
                  Jake, you originally posted in October 2015 that you guys were working on adding support for the remote, CEC, etc.

When will this update finally be released, or is this just vaporware?

At this point, I'm avoiding using VUDU whenever possible, and instead using (major river in south america) Video (which happens to work great with the remote), and also supports video purchases... VUDU is losing out by not providing the basic level of support on PS4 that has been promised for months now.

If VUDU worked on my Nvidia Shield or FireTV, then I'd be less irked about the lack of functionality on PS4. But it doesn't, so PS4 is the only remaining device I have that runs VUDU...

Comment

I just ordered the remote and then read this thread. any idea when the remote will work? if not soon then i'll take it back.

Comment

Originally posted by goatboy413 View Post
                      I just ordered the remote and then read this thread. any idea when the remote will work? if not soon then i'll take it back.
                      The remote is great, it's VUDU that's deficient. There are other Ultraviolet providers that also work on PS4 or via Chromecast (if you happen to have one), may be a better solution until VUDU gets their act together.

Comment

I don't know if it's all on vudu. my cheap ps2 remote could double as a controller. this should as well. it seems it has to do more with programming per app which is strange. X and O should function as X and O regardless of the app.

I'm not aware of another UV provider on PS4. FandangoNOW (formerly M-GO) is the only other provider i'd use. they are on Roku and other devices.

If Amazon would agree to DECE and become UV then I'd feel differently.

Comment

I don't know if it's all on vudu. my cheap ps2 remote could double as a controller. this should as well. it seems it has to do more with programming per app which is strange. X and O should function as X and O regardless of the app.

I'm not aware of another UV provider on PS4. FandangoNOW (formerly M-GO) is the only other provider i'd use. they are on Roku and other devices.

If Amazon would agree to DECE and become UV then I'd feel differently.
                          Sony introduced a new API for the remote apparently, so it was understandable for there to be a delay in getting support for the remote in various apps. We've now been at a point where I've had my remote functioning for all media apps that I use on the PS4 for months now, *except* VUDU, whom have been claiming 'soon' for the functionality. They keep adding scope creep to their planned software release, which is preventing this functionality from being released to the community.

This thread was started in October 2015, no way it should take 8 months to add support for a remote. I'm a software developer, I've built and released entire apps in that timespan, and usually my timeline for delivery is 2-4 months turnaround...

Regarding UV on PS4, there *was* another UV provider I thought, but perhaps I'm thinking of Android TV...

Anyways, the remote works great for Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Video, Crackle, Plex, as well as bluray, so that justifies the purchase in my mind.

Agreed on Amazon btw, I've been waiting for them to go UV for awhile now. It would be great to have a strong direct competitor to VUDU for UV...

Comment

if it works with plex then i may hold onto it.

Jake,

can you provide us an update. With this remote not working on VUDU and 5 of my Roku streaming devices having errors with VUDU i'm starting to get concerned. many people are having the same issue.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...highlight=roku

Comment

if it works with plex then i may hold onto it.
                              Yep, Plex works fine.
                              In the meantime, if I absolutely need to use VUDU, I'll use my phone to cast VUDU to Android TV or Chromecast, and then control playback with my remote (the PS4 remote even) due to both Android TV & Chromecast supporting HDMI CEC.

Comment

can you provide us an update. With this remote not working on VUDU and 5 of my Roku streaming devices having errors with VUDU i'm starting to get concerned. many people are having the same issue.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...highlight=roku
                                Apologies with the delay on the PS4 remote support. Should have been released sooner, I am pushing to have it submitted to Sony ASAP. I have a Harmony with a PS4 at home and want it supported as well

As for Roku - Felipe may have already asked you, but did it go away (at least for a while) after you rebooted (needs hard power cycle, aka pull the plug)? If so, we think it's a Roku firmware bug (and we will escalate with them), since we have not updated the Roku app in a while and don't see why this would start happening recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X