Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu to launch it's own at home D2D service!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu to launch it's own at home D2D service!

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
    They don't stamp my discs now!!
    The one guy I usually get always stamps (except the first time). If he's not there, the others don't stamp.

Comment

Stamping is documented as part of their process but I have converted SEVERAL (about 300) DVDs at Walmart and they have never stamped a single DVD. And, even if they did we could easily remove the ink from the disk.

Comment

So what happens if you try and convert a film with the disc to digital program through Walmart/Vudu that isn't in itself showing on VUDU???

I'll give one of a good number of examples from what I can see, "Cowboys and Aliens". It is part of the disc to digital list Walmart/VUDU provides but isn't available through searching VUDU itself, infact nor at Cinema Now either. Flixster? Quite possibly, but given that Flixster is SD only, paying $5 for "HD" only to be able to watch it in SD is a joke. Another example right now.. Aliens. The rest of the set are on VUDU but not this.

(I know about release windows, studio blackouts etc.. but I also know people do not like throwing their cash away for nothing in return..)

Comment

Originally posted by Smackos View Post
          So what happens if you try and convert a film with the disc to digital program through Walmart/Vudu that isn't in itself showing on VUDU???

I'll give one of a good number of examples from what I can see, "Cowboys and Aliens". It is part of the disc to digital list Walmart/VUDU provides but isn't available through searching VUDU itself, infact nor at Cinema Now either. Flixster? Quite possibly, but given that Flixster is SD only, paying $5 for "HD" only to be able to watch it in SD is a joke. Another example right now.. Aliens. The rest of the set are on VUDU but not this.

(I know about release windows, studio blackouts etc.. but I also know people do not like throwing their cash away for nothing in return..)
          First, both "Cowboys and Aliens" and "Aliens" are available for D2D so you can add it and you will be able to watch it. If a movie wasn't available then you wouldn't be able to add it to your list.

If a movie is available for D2D at CinemaNow but the movie doesn't appear on Vudu then you can add it on CinemaNow and it will appear on Vudu when it's available there.

Comment

Yes.. both films are available disc to digitally, as I already stated. However given neither are available on Vudu or Cinema Now then what is the point in paying $5, if all I can do is watch in SD on flixster?? I could rattle off a few others too, the Burton Batman movies for instance. I could theoretically walk into Walmart or use the soon to be released Vudu app, pay $25 for the "rights" to watch those titles in HD, and literally have nowhere to watch them in HD. Surely that's false advertisement.

Comment

"First" Read my question properly please. Yes.. both films are available disc to digitally, as I already stated. However given neither are available on Vudu or Cinema Now then what is the point in paying $5 ,if all I can do is watch in SD on flixster?? I could rattle off a few others too, the Burton Batman movies for instance.
              I did "read you question properly". Perhaps you didn't ask it properly.

LIKE I TRIED TO EXPLAIN...if you are able to convert a disk then you can watch it REGARDLESS of whether you see the title in VUDU.

For example, I converted Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 on CinemaNow and it doesn't show on Vudu. However, I can stream it from Vudu.

Sorry, perhaps I should have given you a more specific example before so you could understand me.

Comment

No its ok, I realised my last post came across as rude so I did just rephrase myself, just too late. It would have been nice if you'd written your post so it wasn't quite so condescending mind you. Thanks for answering my question though. Regard.

Comment

Sorry just a quick one, you said ..

"If a movie is available for D2D at CinemaNow but the movie doesn't appear on Vudu then you can add it on CinemaNow and it will appear on Vudu when it's available there."

So, what if the film isn't available at EITHER service then..

In the case of Cowboys and Aliens, it isn't at Vudu and it isn't at Cinema Now. All it shows is on the disc to digital list. Where does the "it will appear when its available there" fit in, if its not on either right now?

Comment

Sorry just a quick one, you said ..

"If a movie is available for D2D at CinemaNow but the movie doesn't appear on Vudu then you can add it on CinemaNow and it will appear on Vudu when it's available there."

In the case of Cowboys and Aliens, it isn't at Vudu and it isn't at Cinema Now. All it shows is on the disc to digital list. Where does the "it will appear when its available there" fit in, if its not on either right now?
                    If it is on Vudu's D2D list and you D2D it, it will watchable on Vudu regardless of whether it appears in the store or not. It usually means one of the premium TV channels (like HBO) has the rights to it so Vudu can't rent/sell it during this time, but people who already bought it before the blackout window or people who D2D it can still watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuberl View Post
                      If it is on Vudu's D2D list and you D2D it, it will watchable on Vudu regardless of whether it appears in the store or not. It usually means one of the premium TV channels (like HBO) has the rights to it so Vudu can't rent/sell it during this time, but people who already bought it before the blackout window or people who D2D it can still watch it.
                      I realised that MIGHT be the case with Cowboys and Aliens, I checked tv guide online which said it was airing on Cinemax over the next few weeks. It came up with nothing at all though for Aliens though, so god only knows why that's not available again given the rest of the set are.

Thankyou for clarifying that for me, this is something that Vudu might want to look at making explicitly worded on their FAQ.

Roll on the VUDU disc to digital at home program!

Comment

It would have been nice if you'd written your post so it wasn't quite so condescending mind you.
                        I agree. My apologies.

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens is available on Vudu for D2D. But, it's not available for purchase or for rent. So you can add the movie you already own to the cloud using D2D.

If a title isn't available through Vudu's D2D program but is available through CinemaNow's D2D program (there are 2 or 3 that I found) then use CinemaNow's program to add the movie to your digial locker. If Vudu has the title loaded in their system then it should appear to you under 'My Movies'.

Comment

I have both aliens and cowboys and aliens on vudu from disk to digital. They both show up in HDX. You can't find them on search but you can find them from my vudu. Goes for Final Destination 5, J.Edgar and several other movies being pulled. What concerns me the most is whether or not its going to be like cinemanow and that you pay for hd and you get sd in return. I have 8 tickets in which I paid for HD for a movie and only got SD in return. I'm hoping they have that fixed. I also can give some advice on movies bought from cinemanow in HD but they are only sd on here and what happens etc.

I bought LIttle Man in HD on cinemanow and it was only SD here. A few days later Vudu made it HD and it came as if I had bought it new that day in HD. So it will transfer. I would suggest looking at uvvu.com when you do a disk to digital and make sure your getting hd rights.

I would also imagine since disk to digital and direct selling are two different things because if vudu cannot sell cowboys & aliens but disk to digital it. Then they aren't selling those rights Universal is which is allowed I guess. Otherwise you would not be able to disk to digital it. In either account it shows up in HDX on vudu.

Comment

I really hope this doesn't get delayed for any reason. I keep checking the side every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Corinthos View Post
                                I really hope this doesn't get delayed for any reason. I keep checking the side every day.
                                I'm glad I'm not the only one! Every time I come to the forum I've been checking the D2D page on Vudu.com to see if it's changed. The only drawback is that all my computers are old enough that none of them have a Blu-ray capable drive, so I may have to look for the cheapest external Blu-ray drive...at $3 saved per (BR) conversion, it may pay for itself! (At least that's what I'll tell my wife.)

Comment

Working...
                                X