Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Reoccuring popping noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reoccuring popping noise?

I rented Bridesmaids in HDX the other day and several times during viewing the sound either briefly cut out or there was a loud popping noise during normal playback.

I believe this to be an issue with the individual movie or a general temporary Vudu problem as it has occurred once before (about a month ago) with another Vudu title (I can't recall which).

I kept track of exactly when it happened with the first movie and had meant to go back and replay that part to see if it happened every time or if it was a one time thing (brief issue with the stream). Unfortunately I was busy and wasn't able to test it at the time. When it happened again with Bridesmaids I thought I should report it.

My TV/audio has yet to experience this issue with cable, games, Netflix, Hulu, or the Amazon streaming service. I've rented about 10 Vudu titles and only experienced it with 2 of them. At present, this leads me to believe it's not an issue on my end.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?
    Is this a known issue?
    Is there a way to get a credit if this happens? It's very disconcerting and I feel it ruins the experience. I can immediately stop viewing the title if need be.

If I can't figure out any answers to those questions I think I'll be forced to use the Amazon (both Amazon and Vudu are built into my TV) streaming service primarily as I don't experience any issues with it. At least until I figure out the cause. I'd prefer to use Vudu as the interface is much better.

Re: Reoccuring popping noise?

I rented another movie tonight and the sound cutting out with accompanied popping noises happened again. This time I did further tests attempting to figure out the cause.

The movie was Cedar Rapids in HDX, the first time it happens is around 31 seconds in. It continues to happen nearly a dozen times during the movie.

My TV is a Vizio model e3d420vx. Normally I use the optical output with the built in TV speakers disabled. The reason I believed the problem had nothing to do with my system set up was because I've never experienced it with any other source and it only sporadically occurs with Vudu movies.

After it happened I turned off my external speakers and enabled the built in speakers on my TV. The problem with the sound happened again at the exact same spot in the movie! This has to be a problem with the encoding or my TV?

I had originally rented the movie in HDX but while I was testing I also played it back in HD and SD. HDX and HD both had the same audio problems at the same time in the movie with either the built in TV speakers or using an external source through the optical port. Using SD I was unable to replicate the problem at the 31 second mark (though I didn't watch the whole movie in SD).

It seems to me that either my three month old TV (which has no problems with any other sources thus far) is bad or the audio encoding is bad. I've emailed Vudu support about this issue and received no response.

I'd like a credit for all the movies this is occurring with (I've found about 3 so far) or at least some response from customer service as to what's going on.

Comment

Have the same exact problem, never experience this on the same system with anything but Vudu movies. I've emailed their tech support on the issue 3 times in 2 months and have yet to receive so much as a single response from them. We just watched (well tried to watch) Transformers Dark Of The Moon and it was pretty much unwatchable due to the constant crackling and popping noise like I'm listening from blown speakers during 95% of the movie, experience this on any Vudu movie where there are audio scenes like explosions, aircraft etc... Same issue regardless of viewing movies in SD or HD. Never an issue with BluRay, TV, PS3 Games, Netflix, Hulu or PSN movies, always only with Vudu. Also doesn't matter how low I turn the volume down, the hissing popping noise is still completely dominate over any other sounds, just quieter at the lower set volume.

Not thinking about it, or too busy during the day when their tech phone support is available, would have been nice if they would at least respond to their emails or post a solution to this problem in their FAQ.

Comment

And judging from the date you posted this, and another person posting this same issue in a different thread, both of you never receiving an answer, it would seem no one has an answer to this problem.

Or, if and when we do get an answer they'll claim its an issue on our end, despite this not being a problem with any other service.

Comment

My apologies for the late response. Is it possible for you both to send me a private message with your account information? I need the email address used to create your VUDU account.

-If possible, please provide us with an explanation of the setup you have at home so we can try and reproduce the problem.

Comment

The information has been sent to you. After waiting days for my message to even show here after posting it I did contact your phone support. He was absolutely no help what so ever, wanted me to call back the next time it was happening. 2 problems with that, 1) your phone support is closed during the hours we watch movies. 2) I won't be paying to watch anymore Vudu movies unless you can get this problem fixed.

Not that his answer was any more than an effort to blow me off for a problem that was obviously beyond his technical abilities anyhow. What good would it of possibly done for me to call in the middle of a movie I'm paying to watch just to tell them I hear the noise. I can tell you I hear the problem when I'm not watching a movie and call in, so what difference does it make? If he thought this was a step toward a solution why didn't he just activate a test movie on my account? He didn't even so much as offer a refund, in fact, he was one breath short of telling me to pay for another movie while I was on the phone with him, seriously, are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by Ampdraw View Post
              The information has been sent to you. After waiting days for my message to even show here after posting it I did contact your phone support. He was absolutely no help what so ever, wanted me to call back the next time it was happening. 2 problems with that, 1) your phone support is closed during the hours we watch movies. 2) I won't be paying to watch anymore Vudu movies unless you can get this problem fixed.

Not that his answer was any more than an effort to blow me off for a problem that was obviously beyond his technical abilities anyhow. What good would it of possibly done for me to call in the middle of a movie I'm paying to watch just to tell them I hear the noise. I can tell you I hear the problem when I'm not watching a movie and call in, so what difference does it make? If he thought this was a step toward a solution why didn't he just activate a test movie on my account? He didn't even so much as offer a refund, in fact, he was one breath short of telling me to pay for another movie while I was on the phone with him, seriously, are you kidding me?
              Hello Amp,

My apologies again, please check your inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
                -If possible, please provide us with an explanation of the setup you have at home so we can try and reproduce the problem.
                Sent you a PM tonight.

Thanks for the replies. I already posted most of the details of my setup. Do you need any more information from me?

When I created this thread I hadn't noticed the other thread which has been mentioned. I'll look to see if I can find it.

Comment

I still haven't received a response to my PM.

Comment

You aren't talking about my PM's right? I did watch Horrible Bosses last night without any issues, but the problem does only show up at specific audio portions of the movies like explosions etc... and there wasn't anything like that in this movie.

Comment

I'm talking about the PM I sent to the moderator (dhatman) upon his request. I have no idea about any PM's you've sent or received.

I'm also doubtful your problem is related to mine if your problem only occurs during explosions or the like. My problem is random and intermittent (I believe it's an encoding problem) and doesn't have anything to do with explosions or other loud noises during a movie. Also, the problem I'm reporting I wasn't able to replicate during SD playback. It was only occurring during HD and HDX.

Comment

Originally posted by Sihvu View Post
                        I'm talking about the PM I sent to the moderator (dhatman) upon his request. I have no idea about any PM's you've sent or received.

I'm also doubtful your problem is related to mine if your problem only occurs during explosions or the like. My problem is random and intermittent (I believe it's an encoding problem) and doesn't have anything to do with explosions or other loud noises during a movie. Also, the problem I'm reporting I wasn't able to replicate during SD playback. It was only occurring during HD and HDX.
                        Thank you for the information Sihvu, i think we have all the information needed at this point. I will update you as soon as i have any information.

Comment

Just wanted to update my situation. Installed the latest update and watched Fast Five tonight, this movie would have defineatly reproduced the problem I was experiencing and we had no problems at all, thanks!

Comment

I experienced the problem again with the movie Paul in HDX. I was using a different TV this time (but same model)!

It happened about 3 times during the movie. I still haven't received credits for any of these problems. This has to be reproducible? I don't see any way to update the Vudu client built into my TV, what version should I have?

Comment

Originally posted by Sihvu View Post
                              I experienced the problem again with the movie Paul in HDX. I was using a different TV this time (but same model)!

It happened about 3 times during the movie. I still haven't received credits for any of these problems. This has to be reproducible? I don't see any way to update the Vudu client built into my TV, what version should I have?
                              Sihvu,

We haven't had any luck reproducing the issue. Could you give me an exact time stamp of when you experienced the issue(time of day/time of movie)? I'll start Paul on our VIZIO TV to see if it noticeable right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X