Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Audio Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Volume

Hey guys!

Just got my VUDU yesterday on the recommendation of a friend and I absolutely love it!

One issue I seem to be having with the box is the volume of the output. I noticed that during the playback of "Charlie Wilson's War" I had to push the volume of my Vizio TV up to it's max (100) in order to hear conversational level of the movie clearly.

I first thought this might have something to do with the HDMI connection, so I disconnected that cable and rewired it with the AV cables. Same problem. Purchased a different item from VUDU, this time a television show but experienced the same issue.

Now, just for the record, at volume 100 using the television with my DVD player or standard cable, the windows rattle. The television is absurdly loud.

What I'm mostly concerned about is that if the house is even moderately noisy (ie, a holiday or some friends over) that the movies or TV shows will be fairly difficult to hear and thus follow along with.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Stefan

Re: Audio Volume

I'm in a similar boat, and have been pushing Vudu to up the volume output of the box. Your report will help strengthen the argument. Thanks for reporting this!

Comment

This is interesting, If you are using HDMI or Digital Optical / Coax, I assumed VUDU has no control over the audio levels, the VUDU just passes along the digital bit-stream along to your TV or AV processor for decoding.

If connecting directly to your TV, have you gone to the audio settings in VUDU and specified 2 channel stereo output for HDMI?

Comment

I've found that the best way to beat this problem (until Vudu can find a way to fix it) is to run the box through a receiver, which I've done. Now I can get the volume to a much more satisfactory level (and beyond).

I'm not going to cry too much about this since I needed a receiver anyhow, but it's certainly not going to be the answer for everyone.

Comment

My VUDU is just as loud as my other components if I use the TV speakers. I only need the volume level around 35% to 40% of the max like my other sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
            I'm in a similar boat, and have been pushing Vudu to up the volume output of the box. Your report will help strengthen the argument. Thanks for reporting this!
            Yet another reason for VUDU to support CC.

Comment

I have the exact same problem. I have the Samsung DLP 6176S (61 inch DLP) that I purchased in February. My Directv box and DVD are both hooked up using HDMI. Vudu is hooked up using HDMI but the volume is really low. I checked the sound settings and it is set to stereo. I don't use a receiver (yet).

Please advise as to any other solutions. I am forced to turn the volume up to 80+ for VUDU. I use it at around 20 for Directv.

Thoughts?
              Thanks

Comment

I am having the same problem while streaming a movie through my PC. The volume is turned all of the way up and I still can barely hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by geegeeland View Post
                  I am having the same problem while streaming a movie through my PC. The volume is turned all of the way up and I still can barely hear it.
                  Which movie are you streaming? It may be an issue with the content.

Comment

Sorry to bump an older thread, nut have there been any solutions to this??

I just joined the Vudu world and am experiencing the same issue. I'm using Vudu through Netcast on my LG tv and the factory speakers. When using Vudu, I have to turn the volume up to about 70 just to get a decent sound and even then the voices seem muffled.
                    By comparison, when watching regular tv, I never turn the volume up over 25.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem with my LG TV. Up to 100 and can barely hear it. When is VUDU doing something about it?

Comment

I'm having the same problems. I have a Toshiba 32SL415U and running Vudu version: 3.0.0 (rev 72847). All movies, especially action movies (ie The Dark Knight), the audio is still very low even with the volume at 100. I don't have external speakers and am using the TV speakers. Any solutions? Thanks.

Comment

This is just a shame

Same issue. Big time.I have a new Samsung Smart 3D smart t.v. and have to pump it up to 70 just to hear anything on Vudu. It's ridiculous. Just to put in perspective how bad this is, Netflix is great at 15,and loud at 30. Too loud for me really. T.v channels are good at 25 tops. They need to get this right. Audio makes the film. And yes, a receiver will solve the issue obviously, but not everyone has the cash for that or wants to put their good receiver in the living room. I have a killer Yamaha receiver but like to use it for music with my floor speakers. My 5.1 setup is good for some things but not all the time. This unit's sound is amazing but with Vudu, sadly i cant let it shine. Hope they fix it soon. Love Vudu aside from this. Great customer care and tech support as well.

Ben

Comment

It seems most users are having low audio problems. I suspect the audio is greatly compressed to allow for 1080p video. When i play from Blu-Ray disc my audio is thunderous at HALF the max volume on my 5.1 setup. No closed captioning and low audio levels may be a deal-breaker for me

Comment

I have this on (I believe) all my Vudu content.

As I rewatch and confirm and I'll list them in this thread.

"The Campaign" [SD] shows this problem for me.

Boxee Box, through HDMI with a Panasonic surround system. All other content from the Boxee has good levels.

Normal playback from the same device is at 18-25, for Vudu I have to play at 50 (the maximum) to mostly hear it.

There is no reason to continue buying Vudu content if I can't hear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X