Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu on Vizio Co-Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu on Vizio Co-Star

Same issue after update my esn WWZOPHAP1101628 thanks

Comment

Will there be any indication that they have it working other than... It working? Another update? Anything interesting?

Comment

IT WORKS!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
          If it is updated to Android 4.2,x, the Chrome browser version will be newer and more stable but at the expense of losing Adobe Flash. There are workarounds for Flash but none are great, currently only LG Google TV models run Google TV Android 4.2.2 and other than no Flash Player, it is reported to be an improvement by most. I don't know if Vizio will go to the trouble, in fact I doubt it, but we can hope.
          Thanks Chris. Yeah...I realize what you say is correct. I believe our Android version is a Honeycomb core customized to Google TV. As you say, there are tradeoffs if they upgrade the core Android to a newer version...namely the use of Flash. This Flash is still important for many websites like out-of-market news channels which require Flash to stream their live news and on-demand videos. I imagine over time as they upgrade their websites, some will move away from Flash. So for now, I prefer the Flash capability with the less stable Chrome. In my opinion, the Co-Star is mostly made for streaming media, eg Google TV, not everyday browsing. But feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am actually very happy with my Co-Star now that these guys (Dan and co.) got Vudu working for me. The box streams everything possible with excellent 1080p and Dolby Digital output. Mine rarely crashes if ever. For me, the key was learning the interface and customizing it with favorites/bookmarks. I also like the customized overlay that Vizio created. Anyway...cheers!

Comment

Glad to hear sd got Vudu working. Just for anyone else wondering, there was no update or any indication on my end after submitting my ESN here. It probably took about 3 days...maybe 4. You just check the Vudu app periodically and then you will suddenly find that it works one day. I don't know exactly what Vizio does once they receive the ESN from here. But so far from all the posts here, it sounds like everyone who has the 5.6.0 update and submits their ESN numbers to Dan and Felipe will find it will finally work. Just try to be patient. Good luck to those still waiting.

Comment

I had to reboot my machine, but it's working now! Thank you so much.

As mentioned, there was no indicator of anything different for me either. I just saw SD say theirs worked, so I gave it a shot. At first it locked up, so I had to reboot the machine. Once I did that, the video started playing first try.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                Hi Chris,

Could you grab your ESN for me?
                Daniel,

I sent the ESN by PM a few days ago. Still no luck with our Co-Star.

Comment

Daniel,

I sent the ESN by PM a few days ago. Still no luck with our Co-Star.
                  Hi Chris,

Your device should now be working.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                    Hi Chris,

Your device should now be working.
                    Yes it is.

Thanks

Comment

Ok...so I guess I should have learned never to assume. Yes...I had assumed that Dolby Digital would be working once Vudu was running on my Vizio Co-Star. But I had not tried the Dolby Digital audio part. The direct connection via HDMI from the Co-Star to my Panasonic plasma was fine for the initial testing which validated the picture. However, today I connected the output from the Vizio Co-Star into my Pioneer VSX-84TXSi Dolby Digital receiver. Lo and behold, I did not receive Dolby Digital when running Vudu. It was running in two channel stereo. The Vudu app said the picture was 1080P running in Dolby Digital Plus. According to Dolby, Dolby Digital Plus protocol is such that it can still operate in traditional Dolby Digital on older receivers. I have been able to get Dolby Digital 5.1 from the Co-Star when imputing my DirecTV receiver HR-44. The Co-Star can take the DirecTV signal and send it to the receiver where it comes out in Dolby Digital. But not the Vudu App. I also tried to test Vudu from a new Windows 8.1 laptop using a web interface connected to my receiver, but it seemed like there wasn't a Dolby Digital option from the web interface....just HDX, i.e. 1080P. I wanted to see if it was a receiver issue or a Co-Star issue. But I could not even see a Dolby Digital option over the web interface. So....anyone have any thoughts on decoding Dolby Digital from Vudu on a Co-Star outputting to the Pioneer VSX-84TXSi receiver? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by joinmiami View Post
                        Ok...so I guess I should have learned never to assume. Yes...I had assumed that Dolby Digital would be working once Vudu was running on my Vizio Co-Star. But I had not tried the Dolby Digital audio part. The direct connection via HDMI from the Co-Star to my Panasonic plasma was fine for the initial testing which validated the picture. However, today I connected the output from the Vizio Co-Star into my Pioneer VSX-84TXSi Dolby Digital receiver. Lo and behold, I did not receive Dolby Digital when running Vudu. It was running in two channel stereo. The Vudu app said the picture was 1080P running in Dolby Digital Plus. According to Dolby, Dolby Digital Plus protocol is such that it can still operate in traditional Dolby Digital on older receivers. I have been able to get Dolby Digital 5.1 from the Co-Star when imputing my DirecTV receiver HR-44. The Co-Star can take the DirecTV signal and send it to the receiver where it comes out in Dolby Digital. But not the Vudu App. I also tried to test Vudu from a new Windows 8.1 laptop using a web interface connected to my receiver, but it seemed like there wasn't a Dolby Digital option from the web interface....just HDX, i.e. 1080P. I wanted to see if it was a receiver issue or a Co-Star issue. But I could not even see a Dolby Digital option over the web interface. So....anyone have any thoughts on decoding Dolby Digital from Vudu on a Co-Star outputting to the Pioneer VSX-84TXSi receiver? Thanks!
                        By the way...I have seen some of the other threads on a few other sites about ARC and HDMI 1.4 cables. ARC is clearly not an option for me because of the age of my Panny plasma and my Pioneer receiver. I've done some other online research, but I have not found any clear answers. I'll do some more testing with my set-up to see if I discover any solutions while I wait to see if anyone offers some additional insights. I think my receiver should be fine based on what I heave read from Dolby. Thanks for your time in reading this.

Comment

Quick update on my points above. I was able to get standard Dolby Digital 5.1 on Vudu by watching the 2 minute preview of "Punisher War Zone" as suggested on another forum. So, I'm starting to think my Pioneer receiver simply can't make the Dolby Digital Plus backward compatible despite the Dolby website saying legacy Dolby systems should play Dolby Digital Plus as regular Dolby Digital. Very frustrating.

Comment

Well....more research indicates that something needs to decode the DD+ stream to standard DD. My Pioneer VSX-84TXSi receiver doesn't do this. It simply accepts the audio codecs. I also know the Co-star doesn't decode the DD+ stream for output as standard DD. Therefore, I would be stuck using something like Dolby Pro Logic II in the stereo stream to get some form of surround sound from many Vudu movies and shows that are in DD+. Some people like that solution. Others hate it. I'll have to try it, but on the surface I'm not a fan. Anyone have thoughts other than upgrading my AVR? I doubt that I will go that route. I like this particular Pioneer. Thanks again for any input on all this.

Comment

Joinmiami, have you used Netflix with your Co-Star and Pioneer VSX-84TXSi receiver? Netflix also uses Dolby Digital Plus often and if the Co-Star can send standard DD with that service, there could be a fix for Vudu. Dolby ProLogic is an imperfect workaround but life is too short to worry about things like this and replacing a receiver for that single purpose might not be a good use of funds so definitely try it and see what you think.

Comment

Joinmiami, have you used Netflix with your Co-Star and Pioneer VSX-84TXSi receiver? Netflix also uses Dolby Digital Plus often and if the Co-Star can send standard DD with that service, there could be a fix for Vudu. Dolby ProLogic is an imperfect workaround but life is too short to worry about things like this and replacing a receiver for that single purpose might not be a good use of funds so definitely try it and see what you think.
                                Chris...I have tried Netflix with my Co-Star and my Pioneer VSX-84TXSi. The Co-Star will not take the DD+ service and send it as traditional DD to my Pioneer receiver. As I understand, the Co-Star simply passes through whatever signal it receives. Hence why I was able to get DD from a Vudu movie in straight DD. Also why I can get the DD signal from DirecTV through the Co-Star and out to my Pioneer receiver. But Dolby Digital Plus is a different animal. Netflix on my Co-Star only offers a Stereo option. I don't know if the app is smart enough to recognize a DD+ receiver and thereby show a DD+ option. Or if a DD+ receiver would simply play DD+ regardless of the app saying stereo. I have gotten my Dell Inspiron 7520 laptop with Windows 8.1 and the native Netflix app to play the movie Black Hawk Down in what is standard DD to my Pioneer receiver. That same movie on the Co-Star Netflix is only in stereo output to my receiver. I will play around with some other titles on the Dell with Netflix to see how the laptop is processing things. I suspect that movie title was in straight DD on the Win 8.1 running Netflix native app. But the Netflix app via Co-Star is only either DD+ or stereo. Hence I just see Stereo from any Vudu or Netflix DD+ program on my receiver. Btw...I don't think the Dell was decoding DD+ to DD. I think that Black Hawk Down movie was standard DD on the Winows 8.1 native Netflix app. I have heard that Amazon Istant Prime movies are in the traditional Dolby Digital...not DD+. If so, my Pioneer should see that in DD. I tried a recommended trailer suggested on another forum, but the trailer didn't Feel free to submit any other thoughts on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X