Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Roku 2 XD cannot stream anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roku 2 XD cannot stream anything

I was using the Roku 2 XD just fine to stream VUDU back in December and January. This month I can't stream anything. The UI comes up just fine but each time I try to stream anything with it I receive one of the following messages:
    • Cannot stream a network error has occurred please try again a bit later
    • Not enough bandwidth to stream at [HDX or HD]...select continue [HD] or [SD] (not even selecting SD works)

On the same Roku I am able to stream Netflix and Amazon with HD at a average bitrate of 12 mbps. So the issue is not with the Roku or my wireless router. It either in your Roku App or in your network or both. Also I cannot eve run the VUDU speedtest on the Roku it give the message about a network error.

On my Xbox One I can stream VUDU but for some reason HDX will stream for only about 10 minutes and force me down to HD.

A normal speed test shows 47541 kb/s down and 5564 kb/s up. And I have verified that nothing else is running at the time I have attempting streaming. Also I am on U-verse in case you need this information.

Re: Roku 2 XD cannot stream anything

Hi Ron! [waves]

Just because someone else will probably ask it if I don't, this Roku either normally uses wired ethernet or you've tried that just to eliminate the wireless as the source of the slowdown, right?

The only other thing I can think of is, since the Rokus are known for not having robust memory capacity, have you done a cold reboot recently?

Comment

Hey Max,

Yes I have tried the cold boot (emergency repair procedure #1). Also the XD doesn't have an Ethernet port, only connects wireless and on my network it's using "N". Testing from the same location as Roku with my laptop configured to the same network and "N" only I am able to achieve 44 mbps down with speedtest.net.

I really think it's one of these two things.

1) VUDU hasn't paid tribute to AT&T and AT&T is throttling their service
      2) The VUDU app in Roku

As in my previous post I can easily stream Amazon HD which is 9-12 mbps and actually did a marathon session with Star Trek this weekend in HD. Not a single drop or buffer.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like you've narrowed it down to either the app or the data stream being the culprit. Is there a way to check for the last update/current version date, to see when the channel was last updated? (I have a Roku, but I don't use it very much.) If that date was around the time you saw a change, that would be a good lead.

The next step might be finding content that can stream in HDX on a PC, then trying to play it on your laptop while in roughly the same spot as your Roku, to check the stream from Vudu.

Of course, I know you're a troubleshooter like myself, you've probably already thought of this.

Comment

A week ago I upgraded my internet to 15 mbps from suddenlink in hopes of fixing my issues streaming vudu. Before, I had a 5mbps connection from U-verse. Now it's having constant network issues. I ran speedtest.net, and I get between 10 and 15 mpbs. I also have the roku 2 XS.

Comment

Have you guys tried placing your streaming devices in the DMZ of your router and see if that helps any?

Comment

How would I go about doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                How would I go about doing that?
                Each router manufacturer is different so you would have to refer to the users manual on how to do that. You can also do an internet search for this as well. Many guides exists online on how to do this.

Comment

I see on my router that I can set an internal IP address to be in the DMZ zone, but how do I tell the roku to use that IP address?

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                    I see on my router that I can set an internal IP address to be in the DMZ zone, but how do I tell the roku to use that IP address?
                    On the Roku do the following.

Settings > Network > Wired/Wireless > IP address

Comment

Nothing on that screen can be modified except the network name and password. I tried to assign a static ip using the mac filtering on my router, but even that didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                        Have you guys tried placing your streaming devices in the DMZ of your router and see if that helps any?
                        Hey you know AT&T they lock down most of their router features in the residential gateway. I would have to setup IP pass-through and only have the Roku connected to the RG to do this type of test. That means shutting down the internet for the whole house. Wont be able to do this until say the weekend.

But since my XBOX One is able to stream what would the purpose of putting the Roku in the DMZ? What type of diagnostics are you looking for? You know there is a way to running apps in debug mode on the Roku with the "hidden" menu. Wouldn't you want to collect something from that if the VUDU app supports logging via this menu?

I don't consider putting anything in a DMZ a solution to solve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                          The next step might be finding content that can stream in HDX on a PC, then trying to play it on your laptop while in roughly the same spot as your Roku, to check the stream from Vudu.

Of course, I know you're a troubleshooter like myself, you've probably already thought of this.
                          I did a speed test from the same location with my laptop and receive about 45 mbps down. I know the Roku XD only does single channel "N" on the 2.4 GHz band so I configured my laptop for the same. Didn't run any VUDU movies though it was late last night.

But you may be on to something about changes. AT&T did a residential gateway update in January and I didn't even think about it. Also they are fixing a lot of their IPv6 / IPv4 routing issues. This also may be an contributor to the issue.

I just wish is worked this is my only Roku and it's in the bedroom because I doesn't make any noise or even have lights vs. the Xbox's. I do have a Roku 3 coming from Woot in a few days. It was going to be a gift but I will try that out also with VUDU and see if the same issues happen.

Comment

I was able to resolve the issue. I did a factory reset on the Roku XD by the "pin" method. Pin in the reset hole, power up, let it boot, re-register with Roku, apps get added back, put in all the credentials again. Painful process but VUDU is now streaming again.

Comment

I also resolved my issue by plugging the roku into an ethernet cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X