Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Rented on PS3, showed up on cable bill

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rented on PS3, showed up on cable bill

I rented a movie using VUDU on my PS3 and the money was of course deducted from my VUDU account. On our next cable bill, there was a charge of $6 for the same movie. How the heck does that happen? Did streaming a movie through the PS3 that's also available for rent On Demand somehow make the cable software think I orded it On Demand? It doesn't look like anyone else has had this problem...

Re: Rented on PS3, showed up on cable bill

What did your cable company say?

Comment

I'm making this same post in their forum and the only reply so far is "Sounds to me like someone in your home also ordered it via U-verse onDemand."
      My reply to that was:
      That would be the obvious guess. No one in this house orders movies on Uverse On Demand. It's just me and my parents and we all watched the movie at the same time on the PS3. After the movie was over I turned off the PS3, went into On Demand to watch a movie on HBO, and the movie we just watched was in the My Videos section saying we had 2 more days to watch it. I figured it was some kind of fluke so I ignored it, until it showed up on the bill. It doesn't make sense how it would show up On Demand after we just ordered and watched it on the PS3. There has to be some kind of technical error that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Vengeance View Post
        I'm making this same post in their forum and the only reply so far is "Sounds to me like someone in your home also ordered it via U-verse onDemand."
        My reply to that was:
        That would be the obvious guess. No one in this house orders movies on Uverse On Demand. It's just me and my parents and we all watched the movie at the same time on the PS3. After the movie was over I turned off the PS3, went into On Demand to watch a movie on HBO, and the movie we just watched was in the My Videos section saying we had 2 more days to watch it. I figured it was some kind of fluke so I ignored it, until it showed up on the bill. It doesn't make sense how it would show up On Demand after we just ordered and watched it on the PS3. There has to be some kind of technical error that happened.
        I'm sorry, but it sounds like you rented the movie from a few different sources by mistake.

Comment

Uverse on Demand has nothing at all to do with Vudu. It is completely impossible for a movie to be ordered on one service and for the bill to show up on the other service. Uverse's TV service is totally independent of Uverse's internet service. A customer is not required to have both. A Uverse customer could have TV only, Internet only, or both together. It is fair to say that Uverse on Demand doesn't even know which Vudu movies you order. Like Dan said, the movie must've been ordered twice at your residence, once on each service.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
            Uverse's TV service is totally independent of Uverse's internet service.
            No...it's not. You clearly have no idea how it works. Everything is passed through the router. The set top boxes have an IP address that all the information is sent to over the internet. When the router goes down, the "cable" TV goes down with it. When you log in to the router config pages you can see the IP addresses of the set top boxes connected to it. They're not completely independent at all. The cable box can even stream what you have on your computer itself without needing a separate smart tv to do it.

Comment

No...it's not. You clearly have no idea how it works. Everything is passed through the router. The set top boxes have an IP address that all the information is sent to over the internet. When the router goes down, the "cable" TV goes down with it. When you log in to the router config pages you can see the IP addresses of the set top boxes connected to it. They're not completely independent at all. The cable box can even stream what you have on your computer itself without needing a separate smart tv to do it.
              He meant the content and billing systems have nothing to do with each other, which is correct. There is absolutely no way ordering a movie on VUDU could show up on a Uverse bill, or vise versa.

Comment

No...it's not. You clearly have no idea how it works.
                Don't tell my boss that. He makes me install Uverse every day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                  He meant the content and billing systems have nothing to do with each other, which is correct.
                  You can watch On Demand movies in a web browser on Uverse.com. The content and internet are absolutely connected. Unless you're claiming they have duplicates of every movie and tv show on separate servers and only the cable box is allowed access to one while only the internet is allowed access to the other...The content isn't completely separate, so that is not correct.

If all he meant was the billing is separate, then that wouldn't make any sense to mention. The billing being separate wouldn't have any bearing on what glitches/errors could happen. The fact that the cable and internet service are interconnected does.
                  There is absolutely no way ordering a movie on VUDU could show up on a Uverse bill, or vise versa.
                  And yet, that's exactly what happened. Of course it couldn't happen "vice" versa. Nothing Uverse related is being streamed through VUDU, VUDU is being streamed through Uverse...
                  Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                  Don't tell my boss that. He makes me install Uverse every day!!
                  Installation is easy. You don't have to know anything about IT to do that.
                  I rented a movie on Sunday since I had a free rental coupon to see what the confirmation system was like. You have to click 3 separate confirmations in order to rent a movie, and the default is "no" so you have to make a deliberate move to "yes". There's no way someone "accidentally" ordered the movie; not to mention at the same time everyone in the house was watching it on the PS3.

Comment

Unless you're claiming they have duplicates of every movie and tv show on separate servers and only the cable box is allowed access to one while only the internet is allowed access to the other...The content isn't completely separate, so that is not correct.
                    Yes, this is how it works. Every service has its own copy of the movie on its own servers, encrypted with its own DRM, totally inaccessible to any other service. Neither the content, billing systems, or ANY information about any of the movies has anything to do with each other.

As far as whether someone unintentionally ordered the movie on Uverse, you'll have to take it up with their customer support.

Comment

Installation is easy. You don't have to know anything about IT to do that.
                      Sure. And putting gas in your car makes you an ASE certified mechanic. There's alot more to making Uverse work than hooking up a set top box.

It is completely impossible for you order a Vudu movie and for Uverse to bill you for it. Would you expect Meijer.com to bill you for something you bought on Walmart.com? They're both on the same Internet.

Even though the Uverse service comes in on the same wires and uses the same gateway, the Internet part has nothing at all to do with the TV part. That movie was ordered twice by a person or people in your household. Once in Uverse, and once on Vudu. Well, the Uverse on Demand was ordered using a set top box in your household. The Vudu movie could have been ordered by anyone on the planet who has your Vudu username and password.

Comment

Working...
                      X