Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Arrow - Non-Ultraviolet Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow - Non-Ultraviolet Episodes

Hi there,

I recently bought the entire 4th Season of Arrow on CinemaNow. Sometimes, I watch the episodes on Vudu instead and noticed that there are episodes that are not available (I have to buy them again to watch) on Vudu. Then I saw that those episodes are not Ultraviolet. I bought them anyways so that I can watch on Vudu. Is there any reason why some episodes are not Ultraviolet? Before I buy another season on Vudu or CinemaNow, I want to know if this is a common problem. I would think that if I buy a season pass, all episodes were Ultraviolet, but that's not necessarily true. Thanks for your help.

Re: Arrow - Non-Ultraviolet Episodes

I'll ask our content team about this, I'll let you know what they say.

Comment

It can take a while for the new episodes to become UV enabled, sometimes it happens the day the episode is added but sometimes it can be a couple of weeks after broadcast.

Looks like all of the episodes are now UV enabled except for one, but that isn't really an Arrow episode.... it is the first part of the crossover event with the Flash.

What vudu has listed as Arrow season 4 episode 8 (not UV) isn't really an episode of Arrow, it is actually The Flash season 2 episode 8.

What vudu has listed as The Flash season 2 episode 9 (not UV) isn't really an episode of The Flash... it is actually Arrow season 4 episode 8 (which is episode 9 in the vudu page for Arrow s4).

The non UV episodes are actually "duplicates " of the UV enabled version in the other show.

I guess this was done to let season pass owners watch the full crossover event without being required to make an additional purchase.

It does kind of mess up the episode numbering for the following episodes though

Comment

Originally posted by qazzaq View Post
        It can take a while for the new episodes to become UV enabled, sometimes it happens the day the episode is added but sometimes it can be a couple of weeks after broadcast.

Looks like all of the episodes are now UV enabled except for one, but that isn't really an Arrow episode.... it is the first part of the crossover event with the Flash.

What vudu has listed as Arrow season 4 episode 8 (not UV) isn't really an episode of Arrow, it is actually The Flash season 2 episode 8.

What vudu has listed as The Flash season 2 episode 9 (not UV) isn't really an episode of The Flash... it is actually Arrow season 4 episode 8 (which is episode 9 in the vudu page for Arrow s4).

The non UV episodes are actually "duplicates " of the UV enabled version in the other show.

I guess this was done to let season pass owners watch the full crossover event without being required to make an additional purchase.

It does kind of mess up the episode numbering for the following episodes though
        Hmm, yeah I did notice that Arrow Season 4, Episode 9 (Legends of Yesterday, also the non-ultraviolet episode) is the same one in The Flash Season 2. Arrow Season 4, Episode 15 (Code of Silence) was not Ultraviolet either the other day. But it is Ultraviolet now. So you are saying that if I buy the Season Pass of The Flash Season 2, I get Episode 9 (Legends of Yesterday) for no extra charge because I already own the same episode on Arrow Season 4?

Also, if I buy The Flash Season 2 pass and there is a non-Ultraviolet episode on there, do I get it as part of the Season Pass, or do I have to buy it separately like I did on Arrow Season 4? That kinda makes the whole package expensive if I have to buy separate non-Ultraviolet episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ctophil View Post
          So you are saying that if I buy the Season Pass of The Flash Season 2, I get Episode 9 (Legends of Yesterday) for no extra charge because I already own the same episode on Arrow Season 4?
          No, I meant if you owned each season in Ultraviolet, you would have to navigate to each season for the appropriate part of the crossover episode.

Purchasers of the season pass on vudu are getting an extra, duplicate, non-uv episode of the other series thrown in which is a bonus if you only own 1 of the series (but makes it look like you are missing an episode if you only own the season(s) via UV).

Originally posted by ctophil View Post
          Also, if I buy The Flash Season 2 pass and there is a non-Ultraviolet episode on there, do I get it as part of the Season Pass, or do I have to buy it separately like I did on Arrow Season 4? That kinda makes the whole package expensive if I have to buy separate non-Ultraviolet episodes.
          You only get the non-UV episodes "free" if you buy the season pass on vudu.

If you own both of the seasons in Ultraviolet, you don't really need the non-UV episodes... just watch the UV version that you already own located in the other series listing.

I think the intent was good but having a duplicate non-UV episode from a different series stuck in the middle makes it look strange for anyone owning the seasons via UV.

Hopefully I was clearer that time

Comment

Originally posted by qazzaq View Post
            No, I meant if you owned each season in Ultraviolet, you would have to navigate to each season for the appropriate part of the crossover episode.

Purchasers of the season pass on vudu are getting an extra, duplicate, non-uv episode of the other series thrown in which is a bonus if you only own 1 of the series (but makes it look like you are missing an episode if you only own the season(s) via UV).

You only get the non-UV episodes "free" if you buy the season pass on vudu.

If you own both of the seasons in Ultraviolet, you don't really need the non-UV episodes... just watch the UV version that you already own located in the other series listing.

I think the intent was good but having a duplicate non-UV episode from a different series stuck in the middle makes it look strange for anyone owning the seasons via UV.

Hopefully I was clearer that time
            Okay, I get it. Thanks for your help! Think I'll stick to buying the Season passes on Vudu to lessen the confusion. Vudu seems to play on a larger variety of streaming devices and has great video/audio quality. :-)

I guess in regard to some episodes not hitting Ultraviolet right away, it probably has something to do with getting the licensing rights for a UV release. But that's just a guess on my part.

Comment

Working...
            X