Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Sony Pictures movies not appearing on VUDU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Pictures movies not appearing on VUDU

Ok just bought the 40th Anniversary of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I redeemed the movie at sonypictures because VUDU would not take the code. The Movie then showed in my sony library as 2 versions. The 30th anniversary directors cut and one 40th anniversary cut. My sony account is of course linked to my UV account. I logged into my Ultraviolet account and yes indeed, both movies showed up in my UV library. I then logged into VUDU and guess what?? NO SIGN of either movie in my Vudu library! I unlinked my UV library and relinked it in the hopes it would see the 2 movies in my UV library, BUT no luck with that either!!

Need help on this one!!! This movie must just re-released yesterday...

Re: Sony Pictures movies not appearing on VUDU

Originally posted by chelray1 View Post
    Ok just bought the 40th Anniversary of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I redeemed the movie at sonypictures because VUDU would not take the code. The Movie then showed in my sony library as 2 versions. would 30th anniversary directors cut and one 40th anniversary cut. My sony account is of course linked to my UV account. I logged into my Ultraviolet account and yes indeed, both movies showed up in my UV library. I then logged into VUDU and guess what?? NO SIGN of either movie in my Vudu library! I unlinked my UV library and relinked it in the hopes it would see the 2 movies in my UV library, BUT no luck with that either!!

Need help on this one!!! This movie must just re-released yesterday...
    Did you try unlinking and relinking your UV account in your Vudu my account > UV options setting?

that will force a UV library refresh

Comment

Originally posted by morfiend View Post
      Did you try unlinking and relinking your UV account in your Vudu my account > UV options setting?

that will force a UV library refresh
      Of course I tried that. I didnt work. Tried it 3 times...

Comment

Originally posted by chelray1 View Post
        Of course I tried that. I didnt work. Tried it 3 times...
        I also have this problem. I tried unlinking my Vudu account from my UltraViolet account as well as my Sony Pictures account from my UltraViolet account and then relinking all of the accounts but that did not help. I have opened a support ticket with Sony and I'll let y'all know what they say.

Even though I'm starting with Sony support, I'm thinking it might be an UltraViolet issue because when I unlinked my Vudu and Sony accounts on the UltraViolet site (and from the Vudu site side, there was no way that I could see to unlink from the Sony site side) and I did a page refresh, UltraViolet still showed linked to both Vudu and Sony as well as the Sony site still reported that it was linked to Ultraviolet; the Vudu site reported that the link was broken and asked me to establish a link with my Ultraviolet account.

Man, this stuff gets to be a pain to troubleshoot when there are so many parts to the equation and each part is going to blame one of the other parts.

Evil.C

Comment

Yup, just bought my 4k version a few minutes ago and it's not linking any version of the movie to VUDU. All of my other Sony movies appear just fine so this has to be an issue with this one movie. I hope they get it fixed and linked soon.

Comment

Same thing happened to me, I only have 2 cuts in my UV library even though the Sony website shows I successfully redeemed all three cuts. The special edition cut is missing from my UV.com and only the directors cut ported over to my Vudu app. Can anyone confirm if that is what is supposed to happen. Thanks

Comment

I had to contact sony to get the 3rd cut added to the Sony library. But my UV.com library still only shows 2 cuts, the special edition cut is missing, is this normal that the uv library only has the directors cut and original cut.

Originally posted by Evil.C View Post
              I also have this problem. I tried unlinking my Vudu account from my UltraViolet account as well as my Sony Pictures account from my UltraViolet account and then relinking all of the accounts but that did not help. I have opened a support ticket with Sony and I'll let y'all know what they say.

Even though I'm starting with Sony support, I'm thinking it might be an UltraViolet issue because when I unlinked my Vudu and Sony accounts on the UltraViolet site (and from the Vudu site side, there was no way that I could see to unlink from the Sony site side) and I did a page refresh, UltraViolet still showed linked to both Vudu and Sony as well as the Sony site still reported that it was linked to Ultraviolet; the Vudu site reported that the link was broken and asked me to establish a link with my Ultraviolet account.

Man, this stuff gets to be a pain to troubleshoot when there are so many parts to the equation and each part is going to blame one of the other parts.

Evil.C

Comment

Same here—I can’t get my digital copy of Close Encounters to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by tomandshell View Post
                  Same here?I can?t get my digital copy of Close Encounters to show up.
                  The directors cut is on your account now.

Comment

We have checked the ALID on our side for the "Director's Cut" and it's correct, we've checked with the studio. The original version will go live tomorrow on our site. As for the "Special Edition", we are still waiting on the studio to deliver the content, no ETA at this time.

Comment

Hello .I show the 3 cuts in my Sony library, in my Vudu account I see the original and directors cut, but this is strange , in myuv.com library I see one original cut and 2 director cuts. Is anyone else seeing the same thing ?

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                      We have checked the ALID on our side for the "Director's Cut" and it's correct, we've checked with the studio. The original version will go live tomorrow on our site. As for the "Special Edition", we are still waiting on the studio to deliver the content, no ETA at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil.C View Post

Evil.C
                        Ok, I heard back from Sony support and they had to add the Director's Cut to my Sony library as that's the version that is available on Vudu and it now shows up in my Vudu library. I find it odd that the UltraViolet code is for all 3 versions of the film but only the Special Edition and the Theatrical version of the movie showed up in my Sony library when I redeemed the code and that they had to manually add the Director's cut.

I also see a message in this stream that Vudu support is reporting that the Theatrical version of the movie is now available and sure enough, it's now in my Vudu library; so now I have the Director's Cut and Theatrical version in my Vudu library. Yay!

It looks like we'll have to wait for Sony to make the Special Edition available to Vudu before we'll have the complete set in our libraries.

So, if none of the versions of the movie are in your Vudu library, you'll have to contact Sony and make sure they add the Director's Cut to your Sony library to get the ball rolling.

Thanks.

Evil.C

Comment

Having a similar issue redeeming these titles. I'd previously added the Director's Cut to my VUDU/UV libraries using at home D2D back in 2016 When I entered the code included with the 40th Anniversary Blu-ray it showed as containing all three versions, though when I clicked "redeem" and was taken to VUDU the code failed because the Director's Cut was already in my library. So, neither the Theatrical or Special Edition versions were added to my VUDU, UV or Sony Pictures library.

After many emails with Sony and a phone call to VUDU a resolution was presented: get a new code from Sony then have VUDU remove the Director's Cut from my library and then enter the new code. I do steps one and two then enter my new code and only the Director's Cut is added to my VUDU and UV libraries. Still, no versions appear in my Sony Pictures library. I can't figure this one out. After all the trouble I'm left with only one version of the film, the same version I purchased back in '16

Waiting to hear back from Sony...

Comment

I have the Close Encounters 4K code that I've been sitting on until I know this is resolved. Any word on if the code now redeems properly and gives you all versions? And if so, where should I redeem it for all versions and UHD? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X