Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is your box showing "yellow" network status when it should be green?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your box showing "yellow" network status when it should be green?

Just curious if anyone else is seeing yellow network status when they should see green...
    Yes
    14.29%
    No
    85.71%

The poll is expired.

Re: Is your box showing "yellow" network status when it should be green?

I'm assuming it should be green, but perhaps my network does fluctuate alot as the box says

Comment

I was assuming my network was being taken up by my Mozy backup program...

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Gadois View Post
        I was assuming my network was being taken up by my Mozy backup program...

Guy
        So was it? I run Mozy as well and I haven't seen any negative effects except I keep a little head room open for the Vudu. I also run QoS and keep about 50 kbps of my bandwidth open at all times.

Comment

Are people still seeing this? Because it's really frustrating me that I can take the network cable out of the back of my Vudu and run a speed test off my laptop and get upwards of 3 downstream....
          k.

Comment

Originally posted by saeder View Post
            Are people still seeing this? Because it's really frustrating me that I can take the network cable out of the back of my Vudu and run a speed test off my laptop and get upwards of 3 downstream....
            k.
            I'm actuall seeing red (literally). I have to reboot, rerun the connectivity tests and finally get back to yellow. Have send PMs to Vudu ...

Comment

k.
              It's possible that the box learned about bad conditions at some point in time (sometimes ISPs have outages, or wireless networks become unreliable or... who knows ). If you would like to tell the box "forget about what you learned! re-learn from scratch!" you can tell it to "Reset Bandwidth History" via the User Interface (I don't remember the exact location of this button and I'm not in front of my box right now, so I'd rather not mislead you with wrong directions - but it's not hard to find - maybe around Network/Service Settings?). Then it'll take about a movie or two to start making up its mind about the overall quality of your connection.

Hope this helps

-- Greg

Comment

Originally posted by mbustin View Post
                I'm actuall seeing red (literally). I have to reboot, rerun the connectivity tests and finally get back to yellow. Have send PMs to Vudu ...

I actually had that happen the other day, thought it was my ISP giving me a little grief but it ended up being my box. Hasn't happened but that once so I'm not too worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                  It's possible that the box learned about bad conditions at some point in time (sometimes ISPs have outages, or wireless networks become unreliable or... who knows ). If you would like to tell the box "forget about what you learned! re-learn from scratch!" you can tell it to "Reset Bandwidth History" via the User Interface (I don't remember the exact location of this button and I'm not in front of my box right now, so I'd rather not mislead you with wrong directions - but it's not hard to find - maybe around Network/Service Settings?). Then it'll take about a movie or two to start making up its mind about the overall quality of your connection.

Hope this helps

-- Greg
                  I tend to end up rebooting my router once a week... but the box itself is hardwired so its free from the problems of wireless issues. I've tried resetting those stats but I think there maybe some other kind of underlying problem. I find it hard to believe that a most watched movie (Silver Surfer) would say it'll take days to download. I'm gonna do a forum search and see if there are any specific ports being used and then take the box off DHCP and setup some port forwarding.

Comment

I'm gonna do a forum search and see if there are any specific ports being used and then take the box off DHCP and setup some port forwarding.
                    The VUDU doesn't need port forwarding to download movies. I don't know if you posted but what brand and model of router are you using? Do you QOS turned on in the router? If so what is your measured speeds though your provider.

Also can you check your advanced network page and see if the option is set to allow VUDU to manage its bandwidth vs. the limit bandwidth setting. If limit is set then the VUDU can't do instant delivery and the light will remain yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by RonV View Post
                      The VUDU doesn't need port forwarding to download movies. I don't know if you posted but what brand and model of router are you using? Do you QOS turned on in the router? If so what is your measured speeds though your provider.

Also can you check your advanced network page and see if the option is set to allow VUDU to manage its bandwidth vs. the limit bandwidth setting. If limit is set then the VUDU can't do instant delivery and the light will remain yellow.

I was looking for QOS settings earlier today and don't remember seeing any. The router is a Linksys WRV54G, and my VUDU is set to manage it's own bandwidth. My measured speeds were in excess of 2.5 downstream from the site speed tester, though I can't remember what up was and I can't test it again now as I'm not actually at my place at the moment.

Comment

I was looking for QOS settings earlier today and don't remember seeing any. The router is a Linksys WRV54G, and my VUDU is set to manage it's own bandwidth. My measured speeds were in excess of 2.5 downstream from the site speed tester, though I can't remember what up was and I can't test it again now as I'm not actually at my place at the moment.
                        One other item is that the VUDU needs to have about 200 kbps upstream to properly download a movie. If you can use broadbandreports.com or speakeasy.net/speedtest to test your downstream and upstream bandwidth. Try the speed tests though the router first and see what your results are. Make sure you disconnect all other devices from ther router before running the test with the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by RonV View Post
                          One other item is that the VUDU needs to have about 200 kbps upstream to properly download a movie. If you can use broadbandreports.com or speakeasy.net/speedtest to test your downstream and upstream bandwidth. Try the speed tests though the router first and see what your results are. Make sure you disconnect all other devices from ther router before running the test with the PC.

Ron, I'll give it a go this evening then and let ya' know how it goes. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I tend to end up rebooting my router once a week... but the box itself is hardwired so its free from the problems of wireless issues. I've tried resetting those stats but I think there maybe some other kind of underlying problem. I find it hard to believe that a most watched movie (Silver Surfer) would say it'll take days to download. I'm gonna do a forum search and see if there are any specific ports being used and then take the box off DHCP and setup some port forwarding.
                            Ugh... days to download? There's something really wrong here! Unless you have heavy network activity competing with your VUDU box, I don't see where this could come from (if we rule out your ISP). Sounds like we need to investigate

Does it do that for all movies?

Note: there is no port forwarding needed for VUDU to work, nor does it require any specific way of getting its IP (i.e. both static or DHCP should work).

-- Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                              Ugh... days to download? There's something really wrong here! Unless you have heavy network activity competing with your VUDU box, I don't see where this could come from (if we rule out your ISP). Sounds like we need to investigate

Does it do that for all movies?

Note: there is no port forwarding needed for VUDU to work, nor does it require any specific way of getting its IP (i.e. both static or DHCP should work).

-- Greg
                              Well I found my problem.... turns out after doing some speed tests that my Linksys WRV54G is the cause of all my problems my upload speeds went from between 600-1000 when connected directly from the modem to between 17-20 when off my router. Tried resetting it to the factory defaults, tried all the ports, and checked the wireless speeds with the same results! Looks like I've gotta go shopping! (arg) Anyone happen to have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X