Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Please bring support Google's ChromeCast feature in Vudu..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please bring support Google's ChromeCast feature in Vudu..

Anybody get this to work through a Chrome browser on a PC? I opened up a movie and don't see the cast icon. It shows up on the android app but I don't see how to cast it from a laptop. I tried a couple of movies all without success. It has the cast icon on the main page indicating the quality it will be in, but no cast icon on the screen the movie plays in. Anyone get it to work and if so, what title? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgyjay View Post
      Anybody get this to work through a Chrome browser on a PC? I opened up a movie and don't see the cast icon. It shows up on the android app but I don't see how to cast it from a laptop. I tried a couple of movies all without success. It has the cast icon on the main page indicating the quality it will be in, but no cast icon on the screen the movie plays in. Anyone get it to work and if so, what title? thanks.
      You need to install the Google Cast extension from the Chrome Web Store.

EDIT: I do notice that the web player now has a Chromecast icon in the playback controls, but I'm not sure if this is supposed to actually do anything or is just there as an indication that the title supports it. Nothing happens for me when I click the icon, so I'm assuming the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by jjohns View Post
        You need to install the Google Cast extension from the Chrome Web Store.

EDIT: I do notice that the web player now has a Chromecast icon in the playback controls, but I'm not sure if this is supposed to actually do anything or is just there as an indication that the title supports it. Nothing happens for me when I click the icon, so I'm assuming the latter.
        I just tested two of my movies and both were able to be cast from the website. I'm using Chrome with the Google Cast extension of course. When I click "Watch" it opens a pop up window with the movie in it and the chromecast button is towards the bottom right of that pop up. Click it and the browser will ask which Chromecast you want to cast to. It works fine for me and the site even puts a new blue bar at the top that allows you to pause/play the movie while still browsing around the site. In other words, you don't need to keep the pop up window open.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronTV View Post
          I just tested two of my movies and both were able to be cast from the website. I'm using Chrome with the Google Cast extension of course. When I click "Watch" it opens a pop up window with the movie in it and the chromecast button is towards the bottom right of that pop up. Click it and the browser will ask which Chromecast you want to cast to. It works fine for me and the site even puts a new blue bar at the top that allows you to pause/play the movie while still browsing around the site. In other words, you don't need to keep the pop up window open.
          Yeah, I know it works with the Google Cast extension. This has been the case for a long time.

My edit was more in regards to whether or not it's now possible to cast Vudu videos without that extension. During my test, I had disabled Google Cast to see if it worked and the icon displayed but had no effect when clicked. I just re-enabled Google Cast and tried again and now the icon in the web player window behaves just like the normal Google Cast browser icon on the address bar.

Comment

Originally posted by jjohns View Post
            Yeah, I know it works with the Google Cast extension. This has been the case for a long time.

My edit was more in regards to whether or not it's now possible to cast Vudu videos without that extension. During my test, I had disabled Google Cast to see if it worked and the icon displayed but had no effect when clicked. I just re-enabled Google Cast and tried again and now the icon in the web player window behaves just like the normal Google Cast browser icon on the address bar.
            The way it works with Vudu is a little clunky (Netflix and YouTube feel more seamless when using the Chrome browser). However, all of those require the cast extension as far as I'm aware. I know the cast icon won't show up in YouTube videos unless the cast extension is installed. I think that's just how casting from within Chrome works.

Comment

We're still working to make all content playable via Chromecast. Some of our content is currently only available in SD or is not yet available.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                Some of our content is currently only available in SD or is not yet available.
                Emphasis mine. Does that mean that content available to cast in SD now will be enabled for HDX streaming later? Can you shed any light on why those titles are only in SD since it seems to be somewhat arbitrary. For example, Batman released in 1989 by Warner Bros. supports HDX while Batman Returns released three years later by the same studio is only in SD.

Btw, thanks for all your efforts to enable Chromecast support. As you probably know, some of us really wanted to see it supported.

Comment

Originally posted by jm9843 View Post
                  Emphasis mine. Does that mean that content available to cast in SD now will be enabled for HDX streaming later? Can you shed any light on why those titles are only in SD since it seems to be somewhat arbitrary. For example, Batman released in 1989 by Warner Bros. supports HDX while Batman Returns released three years later by the same studio is only in SD.

Btw, thanks for all your efforts to enable Chromecast support. As you probably know, some of us really wanted to see it supported.
                  If we're missing a title, or the HD or HDX versions, let us know in this thread and we'll try to get it added as soon as possible.

Comment

The way it works with Vudu is a little clunky (Netflix and YouTube feel more seamless when using the Chrome browser). However, all of those require the cast extension as far as I'm aware. I know the cast icon won't show up in YouTube videos unless the cast extension is installed. I think that's just how casting from within Chrome works.
                    That is my understanding of it, as well. I think we are both in agreement.

Comment

So to get this to work from the desktop I have to use the chromecast extension. If by chromecast extension you mean the cast icon in the upper right then I see that. But if that's the way this works then the support for VUDU has been there all along, right? I see on the official vudu/chromecast page that the window the movie plays in has the cast icon. I don't see that in any of the movies I tried. Am I missing something or is it forthcoming?

Comment

If we're missing a title, or the HD or HDX versions, let us know in this thread and we'll try to get it added as soon as possible.
                        Davinci's Demons Season 1 will only chromcast in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgyjay View Post
                          So to get this to work from the desktop I have to use the chromecast extension. If by chromecast extension you mean the cast icon in the upper right then I see that. But if that's the way this works then the support for VUDU has been there all along, right? I see on the official vudu/chromecast page that the window the movie plays in has the cast icon. I don't see that in any of the movies I tried. Am I missing something or is it forthcoming?
                          It's there for me when I click "watch" on the movie's page. An overlaid video window opens on the screen and the cast icon is in the lower right corner.

Comment

These are ones I own in HDX that only show SD or don't show Chromecast symbol at all:

Amadeus
                            Gold Rush: Season 4
                            Fringe: Season 4
                            Gold Rush: South America: Season 1
                            Batman: The Dark Knight Returns parts 1 & 2 (No Chromecast symbol)
                            Blue Crush
                            The Dark Crystal
                            Monty Python's Life of Brian
                            Pale Rider (No Chromecast symbol)
                            Sideways
                            A Simple Plan
                            Singin' in the Rain (No Chromecast symbol)
                            Strangers on a Train
                            The Talented Mr. Ripley
                            Tommy Boy
                            Lawrence of Arabia

If you could, please acknowledge that this has been noted so I don't feel like I wasted my time checking them all. Thanks!

Comment

It's there for me when I click "watch" on the movie's page. An overlaid video window opens on the screen and the cast icon is in the lower right corner.
                              What title(s) did you get that to work on? I've tried a bunch and that icon doesn't show. Did you do anything special or was it just integrated with the browser?

Comment

Just so you all know what to look for, here's what I'm seeing when I look at the details page for Anchorman 2, which is currently on the Watch Movies home screen. Because I have the Google Cast extension for Chrome installed (upper right), I see the Chromecast options on the web page (center):

When I open that same URL in Firefox, I don't see the part in the red box.

Comment

Working...
                                X