Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

No more adult movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No more adult movies

Originally posted by svfd450 View Post
    i agree with the view points stated here... its not wal marts place to regulate what I can or cannot view CONSIDERING they made it completely up to the user before to decide whether or not to be able to view that content anyway. not a happy camper right now
    Walmart did not own VUDU before so they did not make the decisions then. They do own it now and it is their right to do what they want with VUDU. Only time will tell if that decision makes a difference in the long run. For me, it makes no difference. I will still use VUDU the same way I have for over two years.

They have a product that no one can beat right now(except for a BD)

Comment

got it....

Comment

Originally posted by bergeronlawncare View Post
        So any movies purchased have been deleted??? Where is my money back??
        bergeronlawncare --

You should have already received a credit for any adult titles you had "purchased" on your VUDU account, not rentals. What is the device ID (0x____) of your VUDU player and I will check to make sure you received a credit. You can locate this in the Info & Settings menu.

Comment

I just ordered FyreTV. It looks like a reasonable replacement. It might even be better.

Comment

I'd like to hear what you think of it once you've given it a try.

Comment

What rdlink said. Bye Vudu!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                I'd like to hear what you think of it once you've given it a try.
                I got my FyreTV today and I must say I'm very happy with it. It took a little getting used to (different UI and remote) but I think it is overall a better experience for watching adult entertainment than Vudu was. Here are some of my initial observations.

1. The system is geared toward being "scene" based rather than movie based (though you can purchase entire movies). This means that even the search capabilities give you scenes from movies that you can instantly goto and watch so you don't have to download an entire movie if you happen to like the last scene the most.

2. They have a bunch of different ways you can pay for watching content. You can purchase credits and use them for minutes of viewing (new titles take more credits/minute than catalog titles). You get a discount for purchasing credits in larger quantities. You can also purchase movies or you can purchase packages which give unlimited access to a particular studio's content for a monthly fee.

3. Overall the image quality seems as good as Vudus or better when comparing non-HD content. FyreTV doesn't have HD. They have what they call "DVD" quality and that seems comparable to Vudu's SD.

4. The content and searching seem better than Vudu's (for the adult stuff).

5. I paid $89 for the box with no subscription fee so I will have to pay for whatever content I watch. They have various subscription packages where you don't pay for the box but you pay each month for the subscription. They supply the box and you get a certain number of credits each month. If you exceed that, you pay for it. They say that if the box breaks they will replace it (with no mention of a time limit).

6. You get 3 free days of unlimited viewing when you activate your box so you can really dig into the product to figure out how it works, etc. This is actually a very smart move because you can freely explore when you are starting out and figuring out how it works. So you end up being able to find stuff that you wouldn't if you had to pay for everything you wanted to check out. It probably makes them money in the end because of that.

7. The box is small and discrete but pretty cool looking. Nobody would really think anything of it if they saw it in your rack. It's probably a little smaller than half the size of Vudu.

8. The box comes with HDMI, Component, Composite and S-Video hookups (HDMI/Composite/Network cables supplied). It also has wireless capability built in.

Like I said, I'm very happy with it so far. Actually I'm kind of glad Vudu/Walmart nixed it or I wouldn't have considered it.
                Last edited by redwein; 03-20-2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

This Walmart acquisition hasn't proved to be of any value just yet. In fact, as adults we all had a personal and respectful right to rent/buy adult videos that was included in the original service. As a result of these changes, not only were the adult movies completely removed from your account, rental fess will not be refunded, but any movie purchased would be refunded in full. Well, I haven't seen that credit on my account. Additionally, the appropriate thing to do by Walmart would have "grandfathered" the members who made adult film purchases be allowed to keep them on their own vudu box but not allow future purchases. There is parental control features set up in the box anyway. I keep wondering why our constitutional rights are always being questioned and compromised. Consenting adults have rights to enjoy adult film content and this was the only method I knew that allowed it to remain very personal and in the confines of my own home. Walmart, shame on you for this decision. Each VuDu box should be controlled by their own owner, not a large conglomerate. I thought once a movie was purchased and downloaded onto the SD card, it belonged to the purchaser... The least they could have done was warn us and then allow us to save it somewhere else. But of course the original VuDu infrastructure didn't allow for anything like that due to the agreements they have with the movie companies, tv companies, etc... If Walmart can change back and provide this service to old VuDu members only, it would be the 'right thing to do'. Period. But I'm sure that's a stretch. Companies don't always care about anyone but themselves. This feature should return and continue to keep the members who allowed this company to grow in the first place happy and maintain what they had from the start. We have a right to keep what we had from the get go because we saw complete value in the service from the start, right? Without us, there wouldn't have been a company to sell and I'm sure at profit. Let's not forget that is why it exists in the first place and was valuable enough to Walmart so they too can make money and grow...

Comment

Originally posted by lovevudu1 View Post
                    Consenting adults have rights to enjoy adult film content and this was the only method I knew that allowed it to remain very personal and in the confines of my own home.
                    See my mini review of FyreTV above. I find it a great replacement for that functionality.

Comment

Well, I haven't seen that credit on my account. Additionally, the appropriate thing to do by Walmart would have "grandfathered" the members who made adult film purchases be allowed to keep them on their own vudu box but not allow future purchases.
                      I had the credit before the titles became inaccessible. You may need to contact customer service.

If you think about the way Vudu works, you'll see that allowing us to keep the movies is more hassle than refunding our money. First off, the GUI no longer needs the AVN/After Dark section. That can be deleted the next time they do a graphics overhaul. Eliminate it, and there's no need to leave a legacy link. Also, since people who get Vudu via a connected television (their new target audience) don't have local storage, and those of us with boxes were promised the ability to archive/re-download content, they would have to keep a copy of every title they had ever sold on their servers, just in case.

I'm wondering what they're going to do a couple of years down the line when they realize that just having the boxes out there is inconvenient and decide to stop supporting them. It's bound to happen.

Comment

Thanks for the replies to the post. This is an ongoing issue and not just for customers of Vudu. The operative word, issue, is the challenges we all face every day as someone, some company, some schools begin and continue to challenge our rights as American Citizens. This is so much more than just having adult content taken away. This is about choice and free will. We grow up learning we all have this power. Then for reasons, albeit selfish ones or moral ones, others in power put us in a less than powerful place, and it's not right. "Can't fight City Hall", they say. I say, sometimes it's worth a try.

I get it, we live in a very different world now that technology has taken front stage. There is good and bad in everything, and this is no exception. It's the way it (VuDu/Walmart acquisition/decision) was done, it's the inconvenience of having to contact customer service, which I have done by the way. It's feeling slightly embarrassed now that I have to contact a stranger and ask them to credit my account because I purchased adult content movies in the privacy of my own home. It's private, it's personal and now it's public. Not because I blog about it, but because I have to make time in my day to clear up an issue, talk live to a real human being, to request a credit for something removed, without my permission....

Perhaps I'm angry and annoyed that I have rights that get taken away without my consent. And I didn't commit a crime. I utilized a service that provided something like adult content video streaming, and some corporate executives, times however many, find it offensive and made a decision for me without my VOTE. I didn't request adult content in the first place. That was supplied by VuDu. I made a purchase based on availability.

Let's remember "America". The greatest Country in the world. Some people want to live in America, be an American, and I'm not sure how our Global customers feel, but last time I checked, Walmart is an American based company.

I could go on and on but then it seems more like I'm belaboring the subject and that can be annoying too. I love reading the responses though, they make me feel supported and that others are on the same side.

BTW, never heard of FryeTv. Guess I'll be checking it out. Should it prove to be better than VuDu, one less customer for Walmart. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Comment

Frye TV....Didn't realize it was only for Adult Content. I'm not sure I watch that much to justify the purchase, but I think I know someone else who does. It seems like a really nice service for those who enjoy this genre. Thanks so much again.

Comment

Perhaps I'm angry and annoyed that I have rights that get taken away without my consent. And I didn't commit a crime. I utilized a service that provided something like adult content video streaming, and some corporate executives, times however many, find it offensive and made a decision for me without my VOTE. I didn't request adult content in the first place. That was supplied by VuDu.
                            First of all, I hope you have seen my previous posts, because I'm also of the opinion that Walmart shouldn't have removed the adult content.

However, you haven't had any rights taken away or infringed upon. You can still go get adult content from any other vendor. Walmart has chosen not carry it, and now that Vudu is part of their evil empire, they can run the business any way they see fit within the bounds of the law, including making it less competitive and less appealing to some consumers.

From the Walmart officers' point of view, do you think that they should NOT have the right to carry or not carry content as they see fit? Are we going to force them to carry everything that everyone wants, even if you find some of it objectionable?

Of course, as I've said before, I think it was both a bad business move and somewhat unethical to remove the content that had been offered previously. Amazon learned that the hard way with 1984 (how's that for irony?); although they are still selling Kindles like crazy, I think a lot of us gadget geeks got a reality check about the realities (or insubstantialities, if you will) of e-books. And I find it really hard to figure out what's objectionable to allowing users who want it access while other users could have completely removed the option from their box through their online account.

But it's a free country, so it's still their decision to make.

Comment

Yes. what's next, we try to force Chick-fil-a to be open on Sundays? It is their right to choose to be closed on Sunday and not bring in money 1/7th of the week.

Just like it is Walmarts/VUDU right to decide what they do and do not sell.

If the consumer doesn't like it they can go elsewhere. i know if I owned a business I would not want people to force me to sell specific items. I would want the right to make that decision for myself.

And I did receive credits back for Adult content purchased. Granted the items were free, but it did show a credit of zero dollars for those purchases.

Comment

As a result of these changes, not only were the adult movies completely removed from your account, rental fess will not be refunded, but any movie purchased would be refunded in full. Well, I haven't seen that credit on my account...
                                lovevudu1 --

You should have already been refunded for all of your After Dark purchases. If you send me your Device ID (0x_____) I'll look up your account and add credits where necessary. You can locate the Device ID in you Info & Settings menu. For privacy, send me your Device ID in a private message.

After Dark rentals were only refunded if the viewing window had not yet been initiated. Expired rentals would not qualify for a refund because you have already viewed them and you do not own the license for a rented film.

Comment

Working...
                                X