Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

STB Deals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STB Deals?

So, the online VUDU store is now closed and they have stated that they are ceasing manufacture of STBs in favor of service integration with other devices (BR players, TVs, etc). I would guess then that we should see some clearance sale deals appear soon for remaining STB inventory. I'm interested in picking up another box, if prices are good enough.

Anyone seen deals to be had on an XL box? FYI, Best Buy is selling the non-XL boxes online for $150.

Jeff

Re: STB Deals?

Jeff, If you are interested I have a BX100 with wireless kit lightly used in box with wireless kit also boxed. Comes with all manuals and cables including the hdmi cable. It is updated to the new brazil software and can be switched back and forth to brazil (with the new internet apps) and the original amedeus. If you want pics, email me at davidp71@comcast.net. I have a vudu xl I bought from ebay and just bought a LG BD570 last night so don't need it. I will do 130.00 for both with shipping included. Just putting it out there....

Comment

XL boxes pop up at a reasonable price on eBay from time to time. There was an XL demo unit on Audiogon right now; seller was asking for best offer. Check your local retailer (not Best Buy since they do not offer the XL). I was able to purchase a Vudu XL demo unit for $100 from our local retailer. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Originally posted by davidp71 View Post
        Jeff, If you are interested I have a BX100 with wireless kit lightly used in box with wireless kit also boxed. Comes with all manuals and cables including the hdmi cable. It is updated to the new brazil software and can be switched back and forth to brazil (with the new internet apps) and the original amedeus. If you want pics, email me at davidp71@comcast.net. I have a vudu xl I bought from ebay and just bought a LG BD570 last night so don't need it. I will do 130.00 for both with shipping included. Just putting it out there....
        I may take you up on this in a week or so if you still have it. I'd like to see what WM does to the service to know if I'm going to keep my original unit first.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Frenzy View Post
          I may take you up on this in a week or so if you still have it. I'd like to see what WM does to the service to know if I'm going to keep my original unit first.
          Thats fine. It is still here. I have a VUDU XL and now I just got a LG BD570 and have this STB and wireless kit all boxed up just sitting here taking up space. 130 shipped is a great deal. It is like brand new and works like brand new. It has brazil so it has all the new internet apps. Hopefully someone takes it. It is worth every penny...

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but what really is the future of the STB? I'm trying to figure out whether I should be in the market for a new Blu-Ray player with Vudu baked in or will the STB continue to be relevant long term with Brazil eventually replacing the Amadeus software. How does the Wal-Mart acquisition play into this as Best Buy currently sells the STB? Has all STB manufacturing ceased and BB is just selling what is left and the STB is on life support? Again, I'm just trying to gauge all of this and figure out if I need to start pursuing wife approval for a new device or not.

Comment

As far as what I understand from calling VUDU they say the STB will continue to be supported. Also as far as I know, VUDU apps is on currently supported on VUDU embedded devices such as blu-ray players.

Comment

Originally posted by davidp71 View Post
                As far as what I understand from calling VUDU they say the STB will continue to be supported. Also as far as I know, VUDU apps is on currently supported on VUDU embedded devices such as blu-ray players.
                VUDU apps are also in the "Brazil" beta for the VUDU STB...

Comment

Originally posted by GrantC View Post
                  Not to hijack the thread, but what really is the future of the STB? I'm trying to figure out whether I should be in the market for a new Blu-Ray player with Vudu baked in or will the STB continue to be relevant long term with Brazil eventually replacing the Amadeus software. How does the Wal-Mart acquisition play into this as Best Buy currently sells the STB? Has all STB manufacturing ceased and BB is just selling what is left and the STB is on life support? Again, I'm just trying to gauge all of this and figure out if I need to start pursuing wife approval for a new device or not.
                  In regards to the Walmart acquisition, for the most part, not much will change. VUDU will continue to support all VUDU set-top box owners as well as all VUDU-enabled devices with the same high-quality service you have come to expect. There is one change that has already taken affect: VUDU will no longer offer the AVN After Dark channel. All prior purchases of adult content should have been refunded to your account already.

One nice feature for VUDU set-top box owners is the ability to access both the Amadeus and Brazil service on one device. This is not capable with VUDU-enabled devices.

We?re excited about what lies ahead and look forward to continued innovation on our service!

Comment

I meant to say VUDU apps is only currently on VUDU STB's with brazil and is not supported on VUDU embedded devices....think I may have worded it wrong. Hopefully someone takes this VUDU STB and wireless kit off of my hands soon. Could use some extra funds....The STB I am selling has brazil on it.

ITEM IS SOLD.

Comment

Working...
                    X