atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Downloading questions...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Downloading questions...

    Does anyone know if the PS3 has to remain connected to the internet after initial verifying of my account? I am going to be moving and it's going to be around a 5 day drive. I was planning on downloading some of my movies on my laptop, but if I can do it on my PS3, and hopefully connect it to the hotel's TV via HDMI, I would rather do that. I realize not all hotels have an accessible HDMI port, but many do these days. Some also have free wifi, but usually you have to accept the agreement which streaming devices can't usually do.

    So, if I tethered the PS3 to my phones data plan to start the playback, then turn the sharing off, would the movie continue to play? I read above that it doesn't stream, but I would still like to turn sharing off if I could.

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Downloading questions...

      Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
      Does anyone know if the PS3 has to remain connected to the internet after initial verifying of my account? I am going to be moving and it's going to be around a 5 day drive. I was planning on downloading some of my movies on my laptop, but if I can do it on my PS3, and hopefully connect it to the hotel's TV via HDMI, I would rather do that. I realize not all hotels have an accessible HDMI port, but many do these days. Some also have free wifi, but usually you have to accept the agreement which streaming devices can't usually do.

      So, if I tethered the PS3 to my phones data plan to start the playback, then turn the sharing off, would the movie continue to play? I read above that it doesn't stream, but I would still like to turn sharing off if I could.
      Yes - the PS3 still needs to be online (and in fact Sony requires that you are logged into your PSN account). The download feature on it is intended to help with slow networks, but not true offline playback.

      You might try the browser on the PS3 to accept wifi agreements? Or alternatively if you could bring your own access point like an Airport Express, etc and use a tablet/phone/laptop to accept it (then connect PS3 through the access point).

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Downloading questions...

        Originally posted by Jake View Post
        Yes - the PS3 still needs to be online (and in fact Sony requires that you are logged into your PSN account). The download feature on it is intended to help with slow networks, but not true offline playback.

        You might try the browser on the PS3 to accept wifi agreements? Or alternatively if you could bring your own access point like an Airport Express, etc and use a tablet/phone/laptop to accept it (then connect PS3 through the access point).
        Thank you. I will probably just stick with the laptop, as it is eaiser and guaranteed to work. With everything else going on, need some things to be as easy as possible. I could even connect the pc to the tv (if available). I don't know if titles download in HD or SD, as I either stream with the PS3 or Roku 3.

        Thanks again for the reply. Saved me some time with trial and error.

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Downloading questions...

          Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
          Thank you. I will probably just stick with the laptop, as it is eaiser and guaranteed to work. With everything else going on, need some things to be as easy as possible. I could even connect the pc to the tv (if available). I don't know if titles download in HD or SD, as I either stream with the PS3 or Roku 3.

          Thanks again for the reply. Saved me some time with trial and error.
          You can download many (but not all) titles in HD/HDX to the PC. You may or may not be able to output HD from the PC to a TV (though SD should always work). The PC has to support HDCP content protection over HDMI - many Windows PCs with updated drivers support this, but it's not supported at all on Macs. It's easy to test on your own TV, though

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Downloading questions...

            If you purchase something you should be able to download the file directly to any folder you want on your computer with an option of all the popular formats like .avi, .mkv, .mp4. Instead you need to install the Vudu to go app which hides the movie file itself in a hidden directory that you have to go out of your way to find. And even if you do find it you can't click on it or play it with any media players because it's encrypted with copy protection. Basically Vudu is telling you that even though you purchased the movie or episode for full price you still don't own it and you can only play it back through their software that they force you to install. This is why anyone who purchases content on Vudu is ultimately foolish because you're getting ripped off, your content isn't really yours it's controlled by the media companies who tell you how you are allowed to stream what you've paid for.

            Vudu should only be used as bonus material for when you buy a disc that comes with a code for a free ultraviolet copy. This way no matter what you still own the disc, shelling out money for encypted files that you don't really own is ridiculous and as consumers we have a right to actually own what we buy, since that is what the Vudu sight tells us when we purchase. Rentals are differnt, but for purchases we should be able to download and play them on any media player or device that we want to. If people would wake up and stop purchasing the companies would lose money and be forced to rethink this copyright protection B.S. that is restricting legal purchases and stealing money from consumers and only giving them a license to play content but not the right to own.

            Comment

            Working...
            X