atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

    "XFINITY Internet customers in Huntsville and Mobile, AL; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, GA; Central Kentucky; Maine; Jackson, MS; Knoxville and Memphis, TN; and Charleston, SC.

    In these markets, the data amount included with all XFINITY Internet tiers will be 300 GB per month. We will offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks of 50 GB for $10 each."


    I'm curious of the forums thoughts on this. Will it change peoples streaming and download habits? Will it move people toward more physical formats to avoid hitting overages? Or Is it not a big deal? Do other providers instill limits?

    #2
    Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

    300Gb is a lot and comcast and UVerse had caps of 250gb in texas for a while. I dont have any troubles with it.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

      I'm in ATL and just checked my data and i'm averaging about 70GB a month over the past 3 months. But I also havent been on Vudu binge lately either.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

        This post got me curious about my own usage, which I have not checked in quite a while.

        With COX, I get 300GB/mo on my package.

        We consistently hover around half that each month. The only time we really have any major spikes is during the summer when my teenage sister-in-law comes to visit (we nearly hit our cap in June), or during the holidays when various relatives come and stay for a week or so at a time.

        The sole reason for our increased overall usage (we would average, at absolute worst, 50-75GB/mo) is the fact that my 2.5 year old daughter watches Netflix...a lot. At least an hour or two per day. Well, I should clarify. She has Netflix on (either on the PS3 or tablet) a lot more, but after about 20 minutes it just becomes background noise to whatever mayhem she decides to cause elsewhere around the house.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

          Originally posted by BlakkMajik3000 View Post
          This post got me curious about my own usage, which I have not checked in quite a while.

          With COX, I get 300GB/mo on my package.

          We consistently hover around half that each month. The only time we really have any major spikes is during the summer when my teenage sister-in-law comes to visit (we nearly hit our cap in June), or during the holidays when various relatives come and stay for a week or so at a time.

          The sole reason for our increased overall usage (we would average, at absolute worst, 50-75GB/mo) is the fact that my 2.5 year old daughter watches Netflix...a lot. At least an hour or two per day. Well, I should clarify. She has Netflix on (either on the PS3 or tablet) a lot more, but after about 20 minutes it just becomes background noise to whatever mayhem she decides to cause elsewhere around the house.
          I've been checking my usage and I come close to the cap each month so far. I'm over 200GB per mouth at least. Guess that's why it bothers me. And that's just really my usage and a little from the other house hold members. I usually watch movies instead of TV.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

            Originally posted by Lunchbox View Post
            I've been checking my usage and I come close to the cap each month so far. I'm over 200GB per mouth at least. Guess that's why it bothers me. And that's just really my usage and a little from the other house hold members. I usually watch movies instead of TV.
            Are you always streaming HDX? While it looks great, they suck up a lot of bandwidth. If you have something that can download the movies (I have a PS3), and you have a list of movies you watch often, I would just go ahead and download those so you don't have to stream every time.

            With all of the video services offering such high-quality streams these days, the ISPs need to revisit these caps. In the days before places like Vudu were serving up 1080p streams, the limits were more than enough; not so much now.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

              In my area Comcast has suspended enforcement of their cap, while the trials are running of different capacity limits and prices across the country. They do say based on my package (Extreme 50) my capacity limit would be 450GB if the tier trial is adopted nationwide. Last month my usage showed 480GB.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

                This thread got me curious so I looked back at our usage this year. Normally, we use about half of our 300 GB cap, but in August we hit about 276. I was surprised to see that.

                It definitely took a leap after we started using Vudu!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

                  Originally posted by BlakkMajik3000 View Post
                  Are you always streaming HDX? While it looks great, they suck up a lot of bandwidth. If you have something that can download the movies (I have a PS3), and you have a list of movies you watch often, I would just go ahead and download those so you don't have to stream every time.

                  With all of the video services offering such high-quality streams these days, the ISPs need to revisit these caps. In the days before places like Vudu were serving up 1080p streams, the limits were more than enough; not so much now.
                  Downloading would be great, but the xbox does not offer that for Vudu. I tend to stream HDX mostly, but I may need to cut that down. I don't have specifics I watch normally. I'm all over the place, so downloading would eat up my harddrive fast since most movies are favorites.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

                    I'm glad we left the Comcast market earlier this year as we could easily reach 600GB+ a month when streaming more often rather than using cable.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

                      Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                      I'm glad we left the Comcast market earlier this year as we could easily reach 600GB+ a month when streaming more often rather than using cable.
                      I'm starting to see that. With streaming and downloading/ uploading/ web surfing and online gaming, I'm easily passing the 300GB limit.

                      Well, I will take this as I need to get out more or do more constructive things.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

                        I'm on Suddenlink here in NW Louisiana. I have a limit of 250G/Month. Depending on what I'm doing, I can easily hit 230 -240 Gig. 2 of the last 3 months I've gone over the limit. Once was 337G and the other was 258. Some of this was due to downloading some movies in iTunes that got caught in a loop of download, crash, restart. I'm still waiting for the CFF to become a reality and then I will download all my movies to a media server that would then allow me to watch them on whatever device I want to use in the house. Bandwidth caps suck balls.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: New Comcast Xfinity Data Limits.

                          I have Charter in Fort Worth, TX and we supposedly have a 250 GB cap but Charter has yet to allow customers to track their usage. I main usages are Vudu HDX, downloading huge PS3 games via PSN,Netflix on highest quality, and stream live ESPN to my tv via a Roku. I may ever once in awhile watch a movie on iTunes if I don't own it on Vudu and can't find the disc.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X