Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestions

Originally posted by Nded View Post
    Holy cow Andrew, that is a terrible track record. What type of DVR (make/model) are you suffering through?
    Scientific atlanta 8300 HD. I can tell my HD is on its way out again since I can hear it from 9-10 feet away. It really sucks when it goes out cuse you lose everything and have to program recordings again.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
      Uh, the Vudu has a 250 Gig hard drive.

The Vudu doesn't record anything. How do you think the Vudu receives a signal?

And your DVR fails every 4 to 6 months? Wow, I have a Replay Showstopper that hasn't failed in about 6 years. I have 3 other Replays 5000 series that haven't failed in over 3 years.
      DVR get its signal from the cable, the signal in and then out to the TV is recorded all the time. Vudu gets its video stream from the internet instead of a cable... Vudu records as it downloads hence the ability to instantly re wind and watch videos later after they download. My guess is the Vudu probably leave movies on your HD until it fills up then re writes over them.. I am sure if I spent a few hours working on it I could figure out how to view the info on the HD but it wouldnt be worth it since I am sure its encoded and that would be near impossible to crack.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewAZ View Post
        I just hope the Vudu HD doesnt fail as my times as my DVR has. (I have to get a new DVR every 4-6 months)
        Buy a Tivo. I have 7 Directv Tivos in my house right now ranging in age from 2 to 6 years old and have never replaced a hard drive. Maybe there is something to purchasing a product over leasing it.

Visit the 5 Star Cinema

Comment

7 TiVos! I have two and feel spoiled ... between you and Redwein I wonder there's any hardware out there for the rest of us

It would be interesting to know how much money all of us have on hardware over the years ...

Comment

To keep this fair and balanced, it should be noted that I own 7 ReplayTV's.

Comment

That's what I want to hear! all that hardware! If my wife only knew - she'd be more forgiving of me and my gadget fixation ... hehe ...

Comment

Yea I am about to change over to Direct TV... My cable company is lacking in HD content and doesnt have Fox Business Channel yet...

Comment

Well, I own 6 ReplayTVs but two of them are in boxes in storage - backup hardware.

I also own an LG Plasma with built-in DVR.

I have 2 Roku Soundbridges, 2 Roku Photobridges, 3 Slingboxes (Classic, Pro and Solo), an AppleTV and a Vudu.

In addition, I'm a ham radio operator (inactive right now due to 2 little kids) so you should see all that hardware! You can see it at http://www.na9d.net/ham/index.html. I've not updated it in about 4 years and the current room with my equipment is now my youngest daughter's room. But the tower is still outside the house. My main radio cost me around $4000 and that was used!

I also have 4 Mac computers, 3 PCs, and various networking hardware.

So there's hardware for you!

Comment

Wow ...

Can you beat that redwein

Comment

I also have 4 Mac computers, 3 PCs, and various networking hardware.

So there's hardware for you!
                      I also have 5 Mac computers. 1 PC and Apple TV. And 2 Airport Extremes and a hardwired gigabit network in my house.

Visit the 5 Star Cinema

Comment

Ok enough battle of the toys. You are making the rest of us who are putting our kids though college look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
                          Actually, the Vudu shows you the rental period (hours and days till expire) when you click on the Rent It button (before you confirm the purchase). There will be some movies that have a shorter than 30 day viewing window, so it is good to keep an eye on this when making your purchases.

That said, I do think it would be better to have the 24/48/?? hour viewing data show up earlier in the menuing. I'll post this as a feature request (but it might already be one of the gazillion new features already on the schedule...).
                          You're right, after selecting rental, but before confirmation, it displays the rental window, that's good enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewAZ View Post
                            I just hope the Vudu HD doesnt fail as my times as my DVR has. (I have to get a new DVR every 4-6 months)
                            Wow, I'm amazed at your DVR record . . . . which makes me wonder if there is an environmental problem.

Is there a possibility that it's getting suffocated somehow? Maybe you have a cat that likes warmth and lies on it all the time (blocking the air flow)? Or could the outlet/surge protector/extension cord be partially fried? (Sometimes lightning hits and you don't realize it until much later).

Okay, the rest of you . . . back to talking about your toys!

Comment

I have 2 Roku Soundbridges, 2 Roku Photobridges
                              That's funny... I was JUSt like you. I still have my two Soundbridges and two Photobridges but they've both been retired (and sitting in my "gadget box of shame").

I replaced the Soundbridges with Sonos and never looked back. And I replaced my Photobridges with modded Xboxes running XBMC and never looked back.

My only gripe with XBMC is that it doesn't do HD... How is the photobridge coming along these days or what they completely abandoned that product? I used to be a big follower on their forum but I got tired of their "issues."

Comment

Originally posted by mebby View Post
                                That's funny... I was JUSt like you. I still have my two Soundbridges and two Photobridges but they've both been retired (and sitting in my "gadget box of shame").

I replaced the Soundbridges with Sonos and never looked back. And I replaced my Photobridges with modded Xboxes running XBMC and never looked back.

My only gripe with XBMC is that it doesn't do HD... How is the photobridge coming along these days or what they completely abandoned that product? I used to be a big follower on their forum but I got tired of their "issues."
                                Well, the Soundbridge line is still in full development and they've added some very slick features to the product with the most recent firmware release. So it's doing well.

The Photobridge was sadly abandoned a year and a half ago. The 3rd party community is still doing some stuff for it and it is still a great box for displaying MPEG2 HD content and photos and so forth. There are some great 3rd party apps for it. I use the MPlayer Program written by TheEndless for all my DVDs that I've ripped and stored on my server. Works quite well. We all wish that Roku would open source their firmware because I know there are people in the Roku community who would love to continue the development of the product on their own.

Roku is now doing a "BrightSign" product that is mainly meant for commercial HD displays. They are supposedly going to be releasing a consumer product based on this that will effectively be the replacement for the Photobridge. When I don't know...

I know there's still a market for the Photobridges and if you want to part with any of your stuff - let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X