Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

FED UP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FED UP!!!!!

I have been dealing with tech support (jimmy) for almost a week now...

I purchased a vudu from best buy and returned it (I was charged the $20, but I did use it) The box I got from Vudu also required the $20.00, then I received a 3rd charge for $21.35! Apparantly the $50.00 in credits is NOT $50.00 in credits! They discount the $50.00 to $21.35 and charge you..

That is not the offer I signed up for! Even he said the offer was misleading...

I a furious and tired of going up and back with them and ready to initiate a charge back on the entire thing! Vudu is wrong and being 100% inflexible. They offered me a $35.00 movie credit, but I am still loosing out in the end..

This is not customer service!
    The case # is 7998-kmqj-9005

This is not customer service...

Scott
    Last edited by jamsys; 01-15-2009, 09:09 PM. Reason: update

Re: FED UP!!!!!

Originally posted by jamsys View Post
    I have been dealing with tech support (jimmy) for almost a week now...

I purchased a vudu from best buy and returned it (I was charged the $20, but I did use it) The box I got from Vudu also required the $20.00, then I received a 3rd charge for $21.35! Apparantly the $50.00 in credits is NOT $50.00 in credits! They discount the $50.00 to $21.35 and charge you..

That is not the offer I signed up for! Even he said the offer was misleading...

I a furious and tired of going up and back with them and ready to initiate a charge back on the entire thing! Vudu is wrong and being 100% inflexible. They offered me a $35.00 movie credit, but I am still loosing out in the end..

This is not customer service!
    The case # is 7998-kmqj-9005

This is not customer service...

Scott
    Ok, Now I know what you were talking about on the other thread. This doesn't sound right. If this was a common occurrence, we would hear tons of people complaining. I wonder if it had to do with the fact that you bought and returned a box then bought another. I'm assuming that you used the same account. Maybe that confused things. Anyway, I hope you get things sorted out. While I understand that you want that to happen now, I think it makes more sense to step back and enjoy the box while you are getting it worked out. Life is just much more pleasant that way.

Comment

I agree with Tom. I think you got one deal and then tried to get another one that you felt was "better." Now, let's look at things logically here:

1.) You have to pay a minimum of $20 to start an account - so for the Best Buy deal you had to pay the $20.

2.) When you returned the box to Best Buy, you had to also pay back whatever credit was used on the $200.

3.) When you opened up an account with the second box, you got charged another $20 to set it up (unlike Tom, I think you set up a second account possibly or your first one was closed).

Here is what I think happened:

You watched a number of titles on your Best Buy box and then decided to return the box.

The credits are used first and given that you were charged another $21.35 when you started up your second box, here is what I think happened:

Usage of credits on Best Buy Promo: $91.35

So when you returned the box to Best Buy, you were originally given the $200 back in credit. But then, when starting up the new box, they corrected your balance for what you spent on the $200 credit:

So they took the $20 you put down, added the fifty in Vudu bucks and then charged you another $21.35 to make up the difference.

It looks to me, like you spent more on movies with the BB promo then you thought, or you were hoping to pull a fast one and get some free movie views in by getting your whole $200 back. I don't understand why they charged you the $20 for the second box, but if you closed out your account on returning the first box, that $20 would have been refunded to your credit card or perhaps, you spent $111.35 which would have eaten up that $20.

Vudu's not out to rip anyone off here and we warned you that returning the box to BestBuy and all could make things get dicey for you.

So please, calm down and look at the numbers on your account and the actual rentals you actually used. I bet you did more than you think...

Comment

I know Jimmy's been working on your case. The fact of the matter is that the price you paid was $149. ($127.65 for the VUDU box and $21.35 for the $50 in credit). I'm not sure how you felt you were misled. There were 2 separate charges on your credit card for the order but they equal the sale price that you paid when you ordered through the promotion. You did receive $50 in credits when you activated your box so I'm not sure what the issue is.

The third $20 charge is just a deposit to open your account. Since you elected for $20, you have $70 in your account ($20 from your CC and $50 in credit).
        Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

First I dont appreciate your tone, as I was NOT trying to pull a fast one.

I didnt even spend the full $20.00 on the best buy box. When I CALLED to close the account, they told me I would only be charged the $20.00 once.
          I did not use any of the credit on the bestbuy $200.00

#3 I did NOT open a 2nd account, but when I activated the 2nd box I was charged another $20.00, which is fine.

The $21.35 is for the $50.00 in credits, which is a complete misrepresentation. The box was $99.00 and I paid $149.00 for the box and $50.00 in credits. Tech support said the ad was 'worded badly' and the $21.35 was for $50.00 of discounted credits. That was NOT how it was represented on Vudu's order page.

You did NOT warn me that returning the box to best buy was dicey.

Here is my ENTIRE purchase history
          Babylon A.D. (Raw and Uncut) Rental Jan 08, 2009 12:58 AM VUDU Box 1 $5.99 0.00 $5.99 The Forbidden Kingdom Rental Jan 03, 2009 3:05 AM 0xc0f7 $5.99 0.00 $5.99 Super Size Me Rental Jan 02, 2009 2:17 AM 0xc0f7 $0.99 0.00 $0.99 The Dentist Rental Jan 02, 2009 12:41 AM 0xc0f7 $3.99 0.00 $3.99
          And I was given a credit for the forbidden kingdom, as it had bad stuttering.

So please tell me how I am out to rip of Vudu?

You have been unhelpful and insulting.

Scott

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
          I agree with Tom. I think you got one deal and then tried to get another one that you felt was "better." Now, let's look at things logically here:

1.) You have to pay a minimum of $20 to start an account - so for the Best Buy deal you had to pay the $20.

2.) When you returned the box to Best Buy, you had to also pay back whatever credit was used on the $200.

3.) When you opened up an account with the second box, you got charged another $20 to set it up (unlike Tom, I think you set up a second account possibly or your first one was closed).

Here is what I think happened:

You watched a number of titles on your Best Buy box and then decided to return the box.

The credits are used first and given that you were charged another $21.35 when you started up your second box, here is what I think happened:

Usage of credits on Best Buy Promo: $91.35

So when you returned the box to Best Buy, you were originally given the $200 back in credit. But then, when starting up the new box, they corrected your balance for what you spent on the $200 credit:

So they took the $20 you put down, added the fifty in Vudu bucks and then charged you another $21.35 to make up the difference.

It looks to me, like you spent more on movies with the BB promo then you thought, or you were hoping to pull a fast one and get some free movie views in by getting your whole $200 back. I don't understand why they charged you the $20 for the second box, but if you closed out your account on returning the first box, that $20 would have been refunded to your credit card or perhaps, you spent $111.35 which would have eaten up that $20.

Vudu's not out to rip anyone off here and we warned you that returning the box to BestBuy and all could make things get dicey for you.

So please, calm down and look at the numbers on your account and the actual rentals you actually used. I bet you did more than you think...

Comment

So please tell me how I am out to rip of Vudu?

You have been unhelpful and insulting.

Scott
            So what are you expecting VUDU to do to make you happy??

Comment

The $21.35 is for the $50.00 in credits, which is a complete misrepresentation. The box was $99.00 and I paid $149.00 for the box and $50.00 in credits.
              Correct, that's what you paid and that's what is reflected on your account. I'm not sure where the confusion is.
              Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by JohnA View Post
                I know Jimmy's been working on your case. The fact of the matter is that the price you paid was $149. ($127.65 for the VUDU box and $21.35 for the $50 in credit). I'm not sure how you felt you were misled. There were 2 separate charges on your credit card for the order but they equal the sale price that you paid when you ordered through the promotion. You did receive $50 in credits when you activated your box so I'm not sure what the issue is.

The third $20 charge is just a deposit to open your account. Since you elected for $20, you have $70 in your account ($20 from your CC and $50 in credit).
                What I am upset about is for the $149.00 I was supposed to receive $50.00 in credits, not pay $21.37 for $50.00 in credits
                Please look @ http://dealnews.com/VUDU-Set-Top-108...-h/270015.html

I know this is not the official Vudu page, but that is gone already. Jimmy admitted that the order page did not do a very good job of explaining it.

I dont think Vudu is out to screw me, but it just has gotten confusing.

Jimmy did refund $20.00 to my credit card, but I 'believe' I am owed another $20.00 on my vudu account...

I apologize for my tone, but NA9d really got me going... I am NOT trying to pull a fast one. I had ordered one from Vudu, and before I got it, my wife got me one from best buy...

Comment

Correct, that's what you paid and that's what is reflected on your account. I'm not sure where the confusion is.
                  The way it is billed on the Invoice is $127 for the box and $21.35 for $50.00 in credits. I expected $149.00 for the box, including $50.00 in credits...

I give up...

Comment

Originally posted by HeadHodge View Post
                    So what are you expecting VUDU to do to make you happy??

I guess nothing..... They even removed the $5.99 credit they gave me for a studdering movie, so I am out that too....

I give up..

Comment

What I am upset about is for the $149.00 I was supposed to receive $50.00 in credits, not pay $21.37 for $50.00 in credits
                      Wait, do you think that we charged you another $21.35 ON TOP of your $149? The $21.35 is INCLUDED in the $149. ($127.65 + $21.35 = $149)
                      Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

The way it is billed on the Invoice is $127 for the box and $21.35 for $50.00 in credits. I expected $149.00 for the box, including $50.00 in credits...

I give up...
                        Excuse me, but I'm scratching my head here. That is EXACTLY what you were charged.
                        Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

I guess nothing..... They even removed the $5.99 credit they gave me for a studdering movie, so I am out that too....

I give up..
                          We just checked and the $5.99 credit for Forbidden Kingdom is still on your account.
                          Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

We just checked and the $5.99 credit for Forbidden Kingdom is still on your account.
                            I show a total of $50.00 of credit on my account...

I was charged $20 x 2 and $21.35 x1 - Its the 2nd $20 I dont understand..

Again I give up... Jimmy tried his best (he really did)

Comment

Your current balance is $50 because Jimmy refunded you the $20 charge like you asked. You'll see that refund reflected in your next CC statement.
                              Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X