atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

    So a little over a week ago, Redbox Streaming shut down due to not being able to compete.

    As for the people who had bought digital rights to movies through them, they received an email saying that Redbox was working on a way to allow them to still play the movies they purchased.

    As far as I know, this has not been resolved yet. If someone knows otherwise, please inform me.

    But here is my question....

    Will this have a negative impact on how people view Ultraviolet?

    Will people become even more leery and untrusting of the UV format than they already are, thinking that the UV format could also belly up and leave them without their movies?

    #2
    Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

    I think it will be a GOOD thing for UV. If any of the movies you purchased on Redbox were UV enabled, your collection is completely safe and can be viewed on many other services. That will show consumers a big advantage of buying into UV. It transcends services.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

      Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
      I think it will be a GOOD thing for UV. If any of the movies you purchased on Redbox were UV enabled, your collection is completely safe and can be viewed on many other services. That will show consumers a big advantage of buying into UV. It transcends services.
      Hmmmm... I would think that if it was that easy they would say "Hey, just view them on Vudu or any other UV service"

      Instead, they say this ..

      "What happens to the movies I bought and stored in my digital locker?

      We're exploring options for customers who purchased electronic versions of on-demand movies and will be providing that information to you soon. We appreciate your patience."


      Remember the other thread here that talked about the guy who couldn't access one of his movies and he was told he had to contact Target and have them perform an update for the movie?

      Let's see what happens to these movies once the service is no longer around to do updates.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

        Redbox streaming shut down because you couldn't watch a movie on that service, I couldn't get through one movie, it would end up endlessly buffering. UV and Vudu will be fine.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

          Did they ever get UV? I thought they never got it but I never used it after the initial free trial so I could be wrong.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

            Originally posted by dbrandom View Post
            Redbox streaming shut down because you couldn't watch a movie on that service, I couldn't get through one movie, it would end up endlessly buffering. UV and Vudu will be fine.

            Why they shut down wasn't my concern....

            My point was that if the people who bought digital movies from them get screwed over on them and lose them, it could put a bad taste in the public's mouth for buying digital movies period.

            All of the differences between Vudu and Redbox won't matter to the general public, all they are going to do is equate RedBox Digital Movies as being the same thing as Ultraviolet Digital Movies, thus they would have fears of the same thing happening all over again.

            Ultraviolet is not generally well received by the masses already....it doesn't need any more negativity associated with it.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

              I get that, but my point is you're talking about a service that never took off in the first place vs a established service. That's like thinking since a mom and pop hardware store went out of business home depot must be next.

              And it actually makes Ultraviolet's position stronger, since even if one service tanks, your ultraviolet movies are still there. All the more reason to have Ultraviolet movies.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                Originally posted by dbrandom View Post
                I get that, but my point is you're talking about a service that never took off in the first place vs a established service. That's like thinking since a mom and pop hardware store went out of business home depot must be next.

                And it actually makes Ultraviolet's position stronger, since even if one service tanks, your ultraviolet movies are still there. All the more reason to have Ultraviolet movies.

                You say that, but some UV movies don't show up on all the services. Vudu is the only one that consistently does.

                I also don't know how you think Ultraviolet is some tried and true method, it has only been available for streaming since the fall of 2011. That's only 3 years. They still have a ton of bugs and improvements they need to make to really succeed.

                Comparing a mom and pop hardware store and Home Depot is not an accurate comparison. Redbox the company is MUCH bigger than any mom and pop store...PLUS they had Verizon behind them. And Ultraviolet is no Home Depot...again..only 3 years since they rolled out streaming

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                  In streaming movies, netflix could be considered a home depot, redbox never truly got it up and running (and Verizon has no experience either in that specific field). They are not bigger in that instance, only in that they have little movies rental boxes everywhere. And in three years, yes, ultraviolet still has some bugs, but for the infrastructure and the backing Ultraviolet has gotten in that short time, not to mention the percentage of the market they already have (in three short years) . . . Yah, they're not going anywhere and they've also recently been making new strides in studios and new providers. You're basically worried for nothing, and in most circles I run in, ultraviolet is the new thing and apple is quickly becoming a thing of the past (at least for movies).

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                    Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
                    So a little over a week ago, Redbox Streaming shut down due to not being able to compete.

                    As for the people who had bought digital rights to movies through them, they received an email saying that Redbox was working on a way to allow them to still play the movies they purchased.

                    As far as I know, this has not been resolved yet. If someone knows otherwise, please inform me.

                    But here is my question....

                    Will this have a negative impact on how people view Ultraviolet?

                    Will people become even more leery and untrusting of the UV format than they already are, thinking that the UV format could also belly up and leave them without their movies?
                    This is an OPPORTUNITY.

                    If Vudu or another UV retailer joined with Redbox, and converted all Redbox customers and their existing films to UV, everyone would win.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                      Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
                      Why they shut down wasn't my concern....

                      My point was that if the people who bought digital movies from them get screwed over on them and lose them, it could put a bad taste in the public's mouth for buying digital movies period.

                      All of the differences between Vudu and Redbox won't matter to the general public, all they are going to do is equate RedBox Digital Movies as being the same thing as Ultraviolet Digital Movies, thus they would have fears of the same thing happening all over again.

                      Ultraviolet is not generally well received by the masses already....it doesn't need any more negativity associated with it.

                      I'm telling you, if Vudu is willing to 'take a hit' and sign up those redbox users with the promise that the films they bought on redbox would be made available to them free of charge on vudu it's a good deal. Yes, Vudu would essentially be giving films away that they received no payment for (seeing as the client's bought them from Redbox, not vudu) but they would also be growing a customer base who would remember that Vudu took care of them. It's good for the people who stand to lose films they bought on Redbox, and it's good P.R. for Vudu, and it expands the Vudu customer base.

                      If Vudu is not already talking with Redbox, I suggest getting on it ASAP. This combined with instawatch could be one of the biggest boons for Vudu.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                        If they don't, Amazon may jump on it now that they are joining UV.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                          I fail to see the point of this thread.

                          Redbox Streaming was AWFUL. It was panned by reviews and users. It didn't work, and failed. Happens all the time.

                          This means nothing to UV. Nothing.

                          Redbox Streaming entered a market they couldn't compete in, released a very, very poor product, and failed to correct and improve it.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                            Redbox Instant never offered UV capability, if they had, all their movies would be safe. I would also suggest that maybe they wouldn't have had to shut down, because they might have had more customers using the service if they had UV caoability.

                            Don't know if its too late, but vudu could step in and buy the customer's from redbox.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Redbox Streaming shutdown --- what does it mean to Ultraviolet's future?

                              Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
                              I fail to see the point of this thread.

                              Redbox Streaming was AWFUL. It was panned by reviews and users. It didn't work, and failed. Happens all the time.

                              This means nothing to UV. Nothing.

                              Redbox Streaming entered a market they couldn't compete in, released a very, very poor product, and failed to correct and improve it.
                              This was my point.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X