Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Jurassic UHD at MA - Flipping from HD to UHD at VUDU - Hourly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having this issue as well. It's also affecting Lucy and Oblivion for me.

Comment

I've turned it into a game of guess what quality it'll be available in this time. Hope all of this gets straightened out.

Comment

Here is my latest reply from MA over this issue. They are sticking with the fact this is a Vudu/UV issue.

"Hi Dustin,

After reviewing your Movies Anywhere account under: "xxx", I can see that "Lucy" is successfully porting into your account from iTunes as UHD. This is the information that Movies Anywhere is sending to VUDU. The HD version of this title is porting into your VUDU from a third-party retailer (possibly UltraViolet).

I'm not sure what the VUDU representative may have been referring to however, there is no known issue where Movies Anywhere starts and stops porting to a connected retailer as the representative described. That stream of information should remain constant.

I've tried refreshing your account on our end however, as our system shows we are receiving the 4K transaction for "Lucy" and sending that same information out to VUDU, this is likely an issue on VUDU's side. I would suggest contacting VUDU again and explaining that Movies Anywhere is porting out the 4K version of "Lucy" from iTunes."

Comment

Would deleting the titles having issues from MyUV solve this issue? If that is overwriting what Movies Anywhere is trying to do, maybe that's the easy fix?

Comment

Originally posted by bstrassburg View Post
            Would deleting the titles having issues from MyUV solve this issue? If that is overwriting what Movies Anywhere is trying to do, maybe that's the easy fix?
            I've deleted Lucy HD from MyUV, but it's still doing it. I don't think it actually deletes it from your Vudu library when deleted from MyUV, as I've deleted others from their, then had to contact Vudu to delete it from my library here. However, at this point I'd be scared to ask support as they may delete it entirely somehow...

Comment

MA support is confirming that the issue is on Vudu's side for this.

The MA support agent was very clear that MA did not push any updates to Vudu or request revocation of any titles.

Vudu is denying that the downgrade issue has anything to do with their systems on Twitter, but it is difficult to see how this can be anything other than a Vudu issue, esp after talking with MA support.

The only suggestion (absent a fix by Vudu) that MA support could make was to delete the lower resolution versions of the titles from your account. MA did this for me for Jason Bourne since both Bourne entitlements were on MA, but that doesn't really help with the UV entitlements. Especially if you have storefronts other than Vudu connected to UV. Deleting a title from UV in that case would mean removing it from all linked UV storefronts.

FelipeF can you see about getting this escalated to an engineering team, as this appears to impact multiple users with multiple titles.

Comment

Originally posted by gamescan View Post
                MA support is confirming that the issue is on Vudu's side for this.

The MA support agent was very clear that MA did not push any updates to Vudu or request revocation of any titles.

Vudu is denying that the downgrade issue has anything to do with their systems on Twitter, but it is difficult to see how this can be anything other than a Vudu issue, esp after talking with MA support.

The only suggestion (absent a fix by Vudu) that MA support could make was to delete the lower resolution versions of the titles from your account. MA did this for me for Jason Bourne since both Bourne entitlements were on MA, but that doesn't really help with the UV entitlements. Especially if you have storefronts other than Vudu connected to UV. Deleting a title from UV in that case would mean removing it from all linked UV storefronts.

FelipeF can you see about getting this escalated to an engineering team, as this appears to impact multiple users with multiple titles.
                This has been escalated to our engineers since Friday evening, I reported this issue myself. We haven't heard from MA since the weekend about their server issues. This is still being investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post

This has been escalated to our engineers since Friday evening, I reported this issue myself. We haven't heard from MA since the weekend about their server issues. This is still being investigated.
                  Felipe, I deleted the HD from MyUV, but it still remains in Vudu until I get support to remove it from my library here. If I were to have it removed, the HD from MyUV wouldn't import anymore since I have it deleted from there right? Then it would remain UHD from MA, correct? Would support be able to remove the HD from my account without removing the UHD? I'm not sure if be removing one would remove both?

Comment

Can you please provide us with an update once you hear back? To add to the above, its the quality in VUDU that continues to change. Switches frm HDX to UHD back to HDX frequently. All other retailers remain UHD but VUDU.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post

Felipe, I deleted the HD from MyUV, but it still remains in Vudu until I get support to remove it from my library here. If I were to have it removed, the HD from MyUV wouldn't import anymore since I have it deleted from there right? Then it would remain UHD from MA, correct? Would support be able to remove the HD from my account without removing the UHD? I'm not sure if be removing one would remove both?
                      I'm afraid that if we remove the HDX copy from your account you will end up with no movie at all. It's falling back to your previous version of Lucy, not downgrading it. It's actually deleting your UHD rights, that's the issue. If you really did delete Lucy HD from your UV locker, it will eventually delete it from Vudu once your accounts sync up. So it might be too late at this point.

Comment

Thanks.

MA support is insistent that this is entirely a Vudu issue.
                        Vudu support is insistent that this is a MA issue, but this is only happening at Vudu.

As an aside, what would help is if Vudu would surface actual transaction logs that show both additions and removals. Since the Vudu logs only show additions, they don't really help. MA logs do show removals when they happen on the MA side (appears as a duplicate entry in the user visible log), and there are no removals shown there.

Better logs on both sides would make it a whole lot easier for customers, and front line support people.

Comment

I am also having this same problem with all my Jurassic Parks

Comment

I'm afraid that if we remove the HDX copy from your account you will end up with no movie at all. It's falling back to your previous version of Lucy, not downgrading it. It's actually deleting your UHD rights, that's the issue. If you really did delete Lucy HD from your UV locker, it will eventually delete it from Vudu once your accounts sync up. So it might be too late at this point.
                            Oh, because Vudu support suggest I delete it. It's gone from MyUV now, but still in Vudu after 3 days. Hopefully it won't matter once this issue is resolved and the UHD from MA begins to show correctly.

Comment

I am having the same issues with Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets and Fast and Furious 6 (Extended Edition). My copy of Lucy has remained UHD so far......

Comment

Originally posted by asmarterdj View Post
                                I am having the same issues with Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets and Fast and Furious 6 (Extended Edition). My copy of Lucy has remained UHD so far......
                                For Lucy, did you redeem the HDX on Vudu, then redeem the UHD on Vudu as well? I'm thinking it's only effecting titles that were redeemed on Vudu has HDX for UV then later redeemed UHD on MA, a friend who redeemed HDX then later UHD, both on Vudu isn't having any issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X