Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Halloween (1978) 4k edition question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween (1978) 4k edition question

So I was at Walmart tonight and I glanced at the movies and saw Halloween (1978) 4k edition and was tempted to buy it since it said it was also digital redeemable But I looked at it and I couldn't figure out where it redeems I assume since it was Walmart it would be Vudu but I couldn't confirm.. and since as far as I can find Vudu does not sell it 4k or otherwise part of me doubts it's Vudu... has anyone actually purchased this and can shed a bit of light on this?

The 4K Halloween release has no digital code included

Comment

I've sent several requests to VUDU to make this movie available. It's the only one out of the entire franchise that's missing.

Comment

No, actually VUDU still hasn't added...
        HALLOWEEN (1978)
        HALLOWEEN 4: THE RETURN OF MICH
        HALLOWEEN 5: THE REVENGE OF MICH
        ...and (so far) it looks like we're gonna get screwed (ONCE AGAIN!) on the 4K treatment...Walmart will be selling the 4K Bluray of the new 2018 "HALLOWEEN" that DOES come with the digital copy, however they do not offer it in 4K on VUDU. You know, I have invested so much money into VUDU and here it is, almost 2019, and there's still not a way to arrange our digital files the way we like? C'mon, seriously? (I have all the FRIDAY THE 13THs, for instance..How annoying it is to sort my movies by A-Z, and to have the original 1980 "Friday the 13th" at the very end...next to Part 8, because it's titled [Friday the 13th (Theatrical)]...NOT TO MENTION the icon itself has a hockey mask on it...and has been this way for years! Okay, I get not everyone knows this, but any horror fan does...a hockey mask wasn't even introduced into the series until part 3...Boy, since we sure pay premium prices on these digital copies to watch...when we have a fast internet signal only...it'd be great if we could choose our OWN movie icons, huh? Listen, VUDU has more titles than anyone and I love most of the platform...but it really sucks seeing all my HARRY POTTER movies areanged all over the place. I got "2 FAST 2 FURIOUS" at the top, some in F...It sucks, okay? With as much money as VUDU makes, it'd be really nice to see the site making it more user-friendly. THAT will definitelt generate more sales folks! Do some serious updates! Have your site not completely burn a code when you try to put a 4K code in (when you have the title in 4K) and it come back with: "You already own this title in HDX!" and it not give it to me, and burn my code in the process. VUDU has a LONG way to go, and forget messaging them or even when talking to the represenatives (who are trying, God love em)... they're always more than happy to put in customer requests or suggestions...but I've never received an email from whoever (if anyone) reads them..it really feels like they just all get skipped by. So, I'll only be buying minimal and redeeming when I get a digital code (of course if it's 4K, I have to research first if MA doesn't accept it...). I've decided to concentrate more on my physical Blu-Ray media...all you need is electricity and a player And you can arrange them how you want! Digital has it's perks (like if a fire..God forbid..burns your house down, your digital movies are safe.) But honestly, you're paying for the license to view them. That is all. At any time, say if a digital platform was to go out of business...Do you think you're getting a check in the mail returning your hard earned dollars? Nope! So all the money we spend basically is only safe if the company remains a success...read the fine print. And that certainly don't make me feel too warm inside...what about our investments? I have over 1,300 movies and around 70-some tv seasons on VUDU. That's alot of money. Alot. At the very least, I should be able to move my icons around to where I want them. Under SORT, their should be a choice that says "Custom." - that's if you want your customers to stick around for the long haul.

Comment

Shane...nice request and rant but will fall on deaf-ears which is the norm!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane84 View Post
            HALLOWEEN (1978)
            ...and (so far) it looks like we're gonna get screwed (ONCE AGAIN!) on the 4K treatment...Walmart will be selling the 4K Bluray of the new 2018 "HALLOWEEN" that DOES come with the digital copy, however they do not offer it in 4K on VUDU. You know, I have invested so much money into VUDU and here it is, almost 2019, and there's still not a way to arrange our digital files the way we like? C'mon, seriously? (I have all the FRIDAY THE 13THs, for instance..How annoying it is to sort my movies by A-Z, and to have the original 1980 "Friday the 13th" at the very end...next to Part 8, because it's titled [Friday the 13th (Theatrical)]...NOT TO MENTION the icon itself has a hockey mask on it...and has been this way for years! Okay, I get not everyone knows this, but any horror fan does...a hockey mask wasn't even introduced into the series until part 3...Boy, since we sure pay premium prices on these digital copies to watch...when we have a fast internet signal only...it'd be great if we could choose our OWN movie icons, huh? Listen, VUDU has more titles than anyone and I love most of the platform...but it really sucks seeing all my HARRY POTTER movies areanged all over the place. I got "2 FAST 2 FURIOUS" at the top, some in F...It sucks, okay? With as much money as VUDU makes, it'd be really nice to see the site making it more user-friendly. THAT will definitelt generate more sales folks! Do some serious updates! Have your site not completely burn a code when you try to put a 4K code in (when you have the title in 4K) and it come back with: "You already own this title in HDX!" and it not give it to me, and burn my code in the process. VUDU has a LONG way to go, and forget messaging them or even when talking to the represenatives (who are trying, God love em)... they're always more than happy to put in customer requests or suggestions...but I've never received an email from whoever (if anyone) reads them..it really feels like they just all get skipped by. So, I'll only be buying minimal and redeeming when I get a digital code (of course if it's 4K, I have to research first if MA doesn't accept it...). I've decided to concentrate more on my physical Blu-Ray media...all you need is electricity and a player And you can arrange them how you want! Digital has it's perks (like if a fire..God forbid..burns your house down, your digital movies are safe.) But honestly, you're paying for the license to view them. That is all. At any time, say if a digital platform was to go out of business...Do you think you're getting a check in the mail returning your hard earned dollars? Nope! So all the money we spend basically is only safe if the company remains a success...read the fine print. And that certainly don't make me feel too warm inside...what about our investments? I have over 1,300 movies and around 70-some tv seasons on VUDU. That's alot of money. Alot. At the very least, I should be able to move my icons around to where I want them. Under SORT, their should be a choice that says "Custom." - that's if you want your customers to stick around for the long haul.
            I'm not reading all of that, but parts 4 and 5 were on Vudu before, just removed. At least that is what others here claim... supposedly they still have it in their Vudu collections. They aren't sold on FNow anymore either... must be a rights issue.

Comment

Probably so.

Comment

I know rdawg, I'm sure you're right.

Comment

A lot of truth there Shane84. To be fair though, the other retail sites, as well as Movies Anywhere, have very little sorting options and very few, if any, filters. So, I agree Vudu does need to do a lot better, but so do all the others. Vudu actually provides more features than any other. It's just too bad Vudu doesn't really stomp the competition, I mean CRUSH them, by providing all the great features all us movie lovers have requested/begged for!!!

Comment

Question can the family of a dead producer stop a movie from being released digitally ?

Comment

"Have your site not completely burn a code when you try to put a 4K code in (when you have the title in 4K) and it come back with: "You already own this title in HDX!" and it not give it to me, and burn my code in the process."

This has happened to me a number of times. I've tried more than once to get this issue resolved with customer service and it's never worked. Since when does returning an error message redeem a code? It's idiotic. What's worse is those codes could be redeemed as 4K elsewhere and are MA eligible.

As idiotic as this is, it's not nearly as stupid as Fandangonow, Google, and Itunes restricting users from upgrading their titles to UHD if they already own the HD version. Part of me hopes that maybe it isn't so stupid because we're going to get free upgrades down the line, but this has been a problem since MA launched awhile ago, and up till now, we have only seen other retailers further restrict users from paying for upgrades. It's nice that Vudu allows this feature, but I'm less inclined to rebuy titles I already have if Itunes is giving them away or charging only $5 for them. Another inconvenience is if you burn a 4K code, you won't be able to upgrade that HD title in MA unless you buy the UHD version from Vudu at full price.

Comment

IPhoneUser...you can upgrade to UHD at FN as long as your not connected to MA, but if you have connected those two then yes you are SOL. I have upgraded many titles and if they are UV they then port to Vudu and elsewhere if available. I won't be connecting FN to MA any time soon until Lionsgate and Paramount join MA eco system.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane84 View Post
                          HALLOWEEN (1978)
                          Shane, we will likely get the 4K treatment. When I pre-ordered Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, I chose HDX because there wasn't a UHD option. The day the film was released, I noticed UHD was added. I called Vudu and told them that wasn't an option when I initially pre-ordered. The rep told me sometimes they don't put the UHD as an option. Luckily they didn't send me the $3 credit yet for preordering because that would have caused some issues since I wanted to switch from HDX to UHD. I had to order the UHD on the phone with the Vudu rep before they refunded me for ordering the HDX. I don't know why they can't include the UHD as a pre-order option.

As for the original Halloween, H4, and H5, I would accept them having rights issues if no one had it. iTunes has them all for purchase. Vudu can do the same. It's frustrating they haven't included them.

Comment

Working...
                          X