Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Announcing Clean Versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcing Clean Versions?

So, I've seen the tab on the top of the front page announcing the "Clean Version" initiative from Sony. I click on the link at all the available titles and notice I already own most of them.

Does this mean that the versions of the film we used to have access to have been replaced by the censored versions?

Just a curosity here.

Re: Announcing Clean Versions?

Originally posted by theogeek_nola View Post
    So, I've seen the tab on the top of the front page announcing the "Clean Version" initiative from Sony. I click on the link at all the available titles and notice I already own most of them.

Does this mean that the versions of the film we used to have access to have been replaced by the censored versions?

Just a curosity here.
    No, the original versions of the films have not been replaced. The "clean version" is located in the extras section of the films that include it, so it's just a bonus to what you already owned.

Comment

Originally posted by VuduAddict View Post
      No, the original versions of the film have not been replaced. The "clean version" is located in the extras section of the films that include it, so it's just a bonus to what you already owned.
      Great! Thanks.

Comment

This is such an awesome feature!! Can't wait to see many more movies added to the list. Thank you Vudu!

I know it's probably more up to the studios than Vudu, but to the extent possible....please try to include more R-rated movies on the "Clean Versions" list. Most of the ones on there are PG-13 or even PG, which I imagine few people would really want/need to be censored. Thank you!

Comment

I was very excited to learn about the clean versions thinking that I could finally show a lot of classic but inappropriate films to my eight year old daughter.

Not so.

'clean' my buttocks.

I watched the clean version of Ghostbusters and the scene where Dan Aykroyd gets oral sex from a ghost is still in there. How the heck is it a 'clean' version if the dirtiest joke in the movie is still there? It's still inappropriate from my eight year old. Sony needs to clean the clean version......

Comment

No, the original versions of the films have not been replaced. The "clean version" is located in the extras section of the films that include it, so it's just a bonus to what you already owned.
            UNTRUE. Ghostbusters 2 has been removed, and replaced with "Clean Version" only. This is BS. I paid for the actual film, not this PC crap. Bad enough we get more crap obscuring the artwork, but now you are taking things from us that we used to own. Fix this immediately, Vudu.

Ghostbusters 2

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post
              UNTRUE. Ghostbusters 2 has been removed, and replaced with "Clean Version" only. This is BS. I paid for the actual film, not this PC crap. Bad enough we get more crap obscuring the artwork, but now you are taking things from us that we used to own. Fix this immediately, Vudu.

Ghostbusters 2
              It's an error in this case. The clean version should be an extra, as stated by the cover art and description. I"m sure this will be corrected shortly. Contacting Vudu support by phone should help speed things up.

My only issue with adding these clean versions is the updated cover art, which is terrible. Nobody that cares about film as an art wants to see +Clean Version while scrolling through their library. I can see how it can be helpful to those scrolling through their library looking for "clean versions", but there's an area of the Vudu store under collections which highlights all "clean versions," and that should be enough. ESPECIALLY since some of these films now called "clean" may not be considered family appropriate regardless, there are still suggestive scenes in a few of these edited films. I hope the cover art will be reverted back to original art after some time.

Comment

Clean versions will NOT replace any current versions that we carry. It's simply an added bonus under Vudu Extras for titles that have clean versions available. In the case of Ghostbusters 2, the version that's available has not been altered in any way. We will have the clean version soon and that will be listed under Vudu Extras once we receive that encode from the studio. We did have to alter the cover art to show that a clean version is available, hence "+ Clean Version". If you go into Vudu Extras, you will see that clean versions of movies have a green bar on the top of the cover art and clearly states "Clean Version". I hope this clears things up for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post

Ghostbusters 2
                  Fake news

Comment

I was looking at the list of titles of "clean versions" but I didn't realize that most of these titles had "dirty version"?

53 UHD
                    787 HDX
                    2 SD

Comment

My only issue with adding these clean versions is the updated cover art, which is terrible. Nobody that cares about film as an art wants to see +Clean Version while scrolling through their library. I can see how it can be helpful to those scrolling through their library looking for "clean versions", but there's an area of the Vudu store under collections which highlights all "clean versions," and that should be enough. ESPECIALLY since some of these films now called "clean" may not be considered family appropriate regardless, there are still suggestive scenes in a few of these edited films. I hope the cover art will be reverted back to original art after some time.
                      100% agreed, especially the bold parts. I wasn't even aware Sony was implementing such a monumental waste of time until I happened to scroll through my movies today and see "+Clean Version". I know this is Sony pushing it on VUDU and other streaming services, so I'm not blaming VUDU, but I am blaming VUDU for how the initial artwork appears. It looks tacky and awful when scrolling through my library.

Couldn't you come up with a different solution VUDU, as to not subject the rest of us who find this feature pointless so we don't have to look at it on the artwork? Similar to the way movies are tagged with "VUDU UHD" or the red Sale tags? Couldn't something be made along those lines to go above the artwork, rather than actually on it? The artwork on the Clean Version in the VUDU extras, I have no problem with, as I will never have to look at it.

The feature itself, I'll never use it. Especially concerning Rated-R content. The counter "but my kids can watch it", even edited down or "cleaned", the content of such films like Easy A or Captain Philips isn't appropriate for a child anyways. Stop letting TV/Film raise your children and do some actual parenting yourself. And if you're an adult who wants to watch a censored version of a movie... I'm just baffled at that idea and wonder why you even purchased the movie to begin with.

Comment

Since I noticed the "Cleaned Version" has a symbol on it's page, I decided to do a quick mock-up of what I was referring to.

Surely this attached to each profile:

... looks a lot cleaner than seeing that banner on all the artwork:

Comment

Seriously a clean version of "White House Down" once you scrub the violence and curse words it's gonna be a quick five minute movie. Might as well do a clean version of "50 Shades of Grey" and "Scarface" too.

Although while I'm thinking about it how about the animated movie "Sausage Party" I'm sure the kiddies will love to see that one.

Comment

Seriously, it's bad enough we have to deal with artwork changing every time the studios decide to do a new release of movies, why do we have to have the "+ Clean Version" banner too? I think it's fine that you are offering these versions without any additional cost, but I don't want it or need it, and I really don't want to see it. These are the little things that really hinder digital collecting from becoming the preferred method.

Comment

Can someone explain why the clean versions are only with the theatrical versions? Most of the time these are CLEAN compared to their unrated versions, so wouldn't it seem wise to pair the clean versions with the unrated versions??

Comment

Working...
                              X